Fun in the sun.

SkunkPharm

34 minutes ago, SkunkPharm said:

Ok the next installment of fun in the sun has started. Doing 3 fastbuds autoflowers OG Kush, White Widow and Ak. Plus 3 ethos pluto cut autoflowers. They will be inside untill middle to end september. The cold is not our friend.

20200817_171832.jpg

@SkunkPharm  Good luck with the grow. Looking forward to seeing your results...👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

@SkunkPharm

Very exciting, always get the "kid in a candy shop" feeling when starting some new genetics! All the best with the grow, brother!

If you don't mind me asking, what's the glad wrap around the pots for?

i have had issues with low yield on my last run and dont want to repeat the same mistake. I think it is beacauese the older the pots get the quiclet they dry out.so the glad wrap is to prevent this issue. 

On my previous run I harvested 108gm off the spumoni. This run I got half that. Previously I also had irrigation set up and then watered 3~4 times a day. Which could have also had made a difference in veg. 

There could be a couple of variables but the glad wrap might help. Plants a already much happier after 3 weeks of the wrap.

18 minutes ago, SkunkPharm said:

i have had issues with low yield on my last run and dont want to repeat the same mistake. I think it is beacauese the older the pots get the quiclet they dry out.so the glad wrap is to prevent this issue. 

On my previous run I harvested 108gm off the spumoni. This run I got half that. Previously I also had irrigation set up and then watered 3~4 times a day. Which could have also had made a difference in veg. 

There could be a couple of variables but the glad wrap might help. Plants a already much happier after 3 weeks of the wrap.

This is very interesting!

I will keep an eye on my pots then.

In your case, would a plastic pot dry out too slow? 

1 minute ago, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

This is very interesting!

I will keep an eye on my pots then.

In your case, would a plastic pot dry out too slow? 

Ja because the fabric allows the pots to dry from the side. If they dry to fast roots do not even reach the sides. I remember the roots came through the sides of the pot when they were new. I have not experienced that in a long time. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SkunkPharm said:

Ja because the fabric allows the pots to dry from the side. If they dry to fast roots do not even reach the sides. I remember the roots came through the sides of the pot when they were new. I have not experienced that in a long time. 

I see what you mean, yeah. I am only doing my second grow with the material pots right now, but will look out for that in time. Right now I water manually once every 3/4 days. Should give less at a time so it can dry out even quiker, so I think my pots are still fresh. I get a bit worried when they don't dry out fast enough, but this is also only now during the colder times. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...