1st ever grow diary

1000Hills Nursery

Back in 2007, I read up on cannabis cup winners and barneys g13 haze was one of the winners - I wanted to grow the strain so bad >.< We ordered to a PO Box and was to scared to pick them up.

Finally grew it a few years ago and was super happy - maybe just the mental thing.

Personally respect buddha seeds. Even respect Arjan from GHSC, once you see the effort they personally go to to find land race strains, you appreciate it a bit more. Dont like the SA guy in their vids hahaa

1 hour ago, Dr. Green said:

I'm not the correct guy to talk about top notch genetics as I only used one breeder Sanniesshop.com for many years. After that I found good smoke from DNA genetics. 

I'm currently growing 2 strains from ethos I did have a winter run with those same plants the zsweet inzanity came out as some of the best outdoor I've grown not so much the jolly rancher. 

Almost forgot I have a big buddha cheese keeper from buddha seeds. 

So my list: sannies, DNA, reserva Privada, ethos and buddha seeds. 

Please do share some of your top breeders don't be stingy man

Don't get me wrong, I'm also not the guy to talk about top notch genetics from experience... but in saying that I'm lucky enough to have some grower friends in the states that are taking the craft industry to the next level. So in the best interests of my fellow south africans I think it's my duty to share this info.

The question still remains what defines top notch genetics... I would think the ability to on most occasions find atleast 2 different keepers in a 10 pack... and not sift through 100 of subcools seeds or 1000 of barneys farm seeds.

My Wish List for seed stock

Symbiotic genetics

Lost leaf

Capulator

Darkhorse genetics

Medigrower

Magikmeds

Loki(gml death baba cross)

Dioxide

To name a few...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cannabist said:

Back in 2007, I read up on cannabis cup winners and barneys g13 haze was one of the winners - I wanted to grow the strain so bad >.< We ordered to a PO Box and was to scared to pick them up.

Finally grew it a few years ago and was super happy - maybe just the mental thing.

Personally respect buddha seeds. Even respect Arjan from GHSC, once you see the effort they personally go to to find land race strains, you appreciate it a bit more. Dont like the SA guy in their vids hahaa

Give Simon a chance, he's representing us. I would love to meet him and have a chat to him about his cannabis career... He is a strain hunter. Full respect to GHSC and the late Franco(he was the one that had the nose for the terps not so much arjan)... they have done wonders in the breeding world. They were the 1st to do video week by week grow documentation. I've watched every video of there's maybe twice. They the only breeders that provide terp reports on most of their strains but somewhere along the line the breeding stopped and they became seed makers. 

• Like 1

Give Simon a chance, he's representing us. I would love to meet him and have a chat to him about his cannabis career... He is a strain hunter. Full respect to GHSC and the late Franco(he was the one that had the nose for the terps not so much arjan)... they have done wonders in the breeding world. They were the 1st to do video week by week grow documentation. I've watched every video of there's maybe twice. They the only breeders that provide terp reports on most of their strains but somewhere along the line the breeding stopped and they became seed makers. 
Have you grown any GHSC seeds yet?
If so, how was it? How'd the plants turn out.

I assume a seed company makes more money, hence the change?

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, PsyCLown said:

Have you grown any GHSC seeds yet?
If so, how was it? How'd the plants turn out.

I assume a seed company makes more money, hence the change?

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Up to right now, I've found 6 hermaphrodites in my garden. 2 out of 6 were from GHSC namely the church and francos lemon cheese. When I grew the church,(btw I didn't like the name of the strain so I just called it super northern lights because of its lineage) seeds were very hard to come by. It was a freebie seed and ended up seeding my whole garden. I didn't know which plant had seeded the garden and when I ran all the strains again. That's when I found this plant growing balls not nanners from inside the lower calyx's. Culled it and had an almost seedless run. This strain almost made me give up growing and I still hold some resentment towards it.

The FLC was a 3 pack that I purchased because of the strain hunters videos, it was a strain dedicated to the late Franco. Unfortunately of the 3 pack 1 hermied and the other 2 were just okay. I ran some unknown freebies from nirvana that same round and found better plants from that batch. Maybe I've just been unlucky with their gear but I'm not going to buy their stuff again...even their nutrient line I feel is daylight robbery. You have to use so much of it in every feeding that 1set doesn't last a full run. I only use their their calcium as a foliar in emergencies.

Anyway it looks like I opened a can of worms. Each for their own. I'm pretty sure we all have run stuff that's disappointed us. The only way to find who's stuff works for you is to try it. I'm all about trying and I've just currently started a new grow with 3 strains from barneys farm. I will start a grow diary for it separate from everything else I'm doing. Here's a sneak peak...

Seedlings day 7...

IMG_20191201_014150.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

CBD #1

Amnesia Haze x CBD Landrace

The most terpiest plant I've grown to date. I cannot even explain how tasty this strain is... sour grapes green apple thing going on... It's supposed to be a 1:1 but kicks like a horse... cannot wait for her to finish so I can stop stealing colas from her. She is one of 3 different phenos that I found.  CBD #3 is purple even her calyxs and bracts. Will be breeding CBD #1 to try and preserve as much of her as I can. She was a pleasure to grow, never skipped a beat. I don't usually keep more then 1 pheno of a strain but #3 clones have to be kept just because of her looks well Atleast till the 1st smoke test.

IMG_20191227_140252.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PsyCLown said:

Geez, the Wedding Cake looks superb.

The CBD Critical Mass I grew was also extremely terpy and for a 1:1 ratio (6 - 8% apparently) it packed quite a punch too.

I wonder if its a CBD thing or if we just got lucky.

Wait for the Wedding Cake #2, the pheno I chose to breed. Everything about her beats pheno #1. I'm also interested to see how #4 turned out, it's the pheno that had that crazy mutation I posted before. The main bud looks like a  mini rugby ball. Just feels it's lacking the strong smell the others have so I moved her clones outdoors.

I'm waiting to try the other phenos of the CBD to gauge what's happening cos I bought that strain for my wife but it's kicking my butt so imagine what's it going to do to her. 

Maybe it's a cbd thing, I have gorilla cbd 2:1 by dinafem ready to be moved into the flower room so perhaps after that I will know a little more about these cbds

• Like 1

Keen to see WC #2.

Also keep us posted on that Gorilla CBD, curious to see how it is.

@Bakstein420 I think it depends on where the people on "the streets" get their bud from. I have seen some decent bud from some people selling indoor. Same league as what I have been growing.

However on the other hand, I have seen outdoor shit being sold as indoor.

@Bakstein420 

I think it has alot to do with people rushing the drying and curing. 

Some will say what I'm about to say is a waste of time but I hang dry for 2 weeks. Note I start plucking heads of it to smoke after like 5 days. After 2 weeks I put them in ziplocks and that's were they stay till it's all finished. I don't trim my weed. When I pull a head out it must look like a litchi with its peel on😂... It's like my party trick...

• Like 1