1st ever grow diary

1000Hills Nursery

1 minute ago, Mambawana said:

@Bakstein420 

I think it has alot to do with people rushing the drying and curing. 

Some will say what I'm about to say is a waste of time but I hang dry for 2 weeks. Note I start plucking heads of it to smoke after like 5 days. After 2 weeks I put them in ziplocks and that's were they stay till it's all finished. I don't trim my weed. When I pull a head out it must look like a litchi with its peel on😂... It's like my party trick...

I think being in different locations affects the drying process, I imagine the RH in Durban to be quite high compared to Gauteng.

So drying bud in Durban would naturally take longer than in Gauteng. After a few days of drying bud in a tent, the RH starts to drop below where you want it to be. So around this point is when I put mine into a jar with boveda packs.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bakstein420 said:

@PsyCLown yes I agree there is quality out there if you know the right supplier. Problem is every kid that got his driver's and moms car is selling now days.

In kzn prices are through the roof. R180 will get you quality indoor, but for that price I might as well do coke.

Don't worry soon you will be in a position where you don't have to buy weed again. 2020 spoil yourself with a tent and accessories so that you can grow enough to pull you through... before you know it you will also be growing multiple flavours 1 time.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

I think being in different locations affects the drying process, I imagine the RH in Durban to be quite high compared to Gauteng.

So drying bud in Durban would naturally take longer than in Gauteng. After a few days of drying bud in a tent, the RH starts to drop below where you want it to be. So around this point is when I put mine into a jar with boveda packs.

Yeah true story... like now my 2 plants are hang drying in a room at 80% humidity.  I don't have a choice but no way am i compromising the other gals for these 2 early birds. I just got the fan a little more directly at them so that the plant can die fully and I'll be safe from kak.

Usually I dial in my dry room with both a dehumidifier and ac. 50% humidity for 1st 2 days and then 65% for the rest. All at 20C.

Don't tell anyone but I'm using my daughters room as a dry room for now cos she's gone to the grandparents for a holiday:rastabanana 

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Bakstein420 said:

@PsyCLown yes I agree there is quality out there if you know the right supplier. Problem is every kid that got his driver's and moms car is selling now days.

In kzn prices are through the roof. R180 will get you quality indoor, but for that price I might as well do coke.

Mambawana is all about sharing my kzn brother, genetics, buds, gear... anything anyone in need needs... Just don't ever tell his wife she thinks he shares too much. Had to reassure her that I will NEVER share her...

• Haha 3

Amnesia CBD #3

Another different Amnesia CBD pheno... Very strong floral aromas, beautiful colours all the way through, deep purple calyxs...

Very mild smoke though. I personally don't like the floral taste. Very average yielder.

But I got to keep this cut cos the wife likes it cos it don't taste like weed and doesn't pack a punch. So this plant is probably close to 1:1 like advertised.

IMG-20200102-WA0006.jpg

• Like 4