Random grow?

Bluntly

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Thanks bud. Not an intended grow at all. Still wanted to open up the bottom as totemic suggested, but haven't gotten around to it yet. Maybe too late now?

Sent from my SM-A700F using Tapatalk

@Bluntly Nice looking bush you have there....

Never too late to clean her up a bit. Just go easy when she's in flower.

I'd remove all the small branches at the bottom - lowest thin ones. Clean up all along the main stem, (open up inside) those small buds that don't get light and won't form proper buds anyway. So the plant can redirect that energy to the proper buds.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• 1 month later...

Depends on your climate. if you are in a very arid area, dry trim. If very humid, you want to remove as much material before you put it to dry, hence wet trim. 

I wouldn't say one or the other is better.. i use both depending to weather situation. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

It can depend on the strain as well.
Certain plants just trim easy wet or dry. Swazi gold is a pain to trim dry cause of all the tiny sugar leaves.
We have found thru trial and error that we prefer wet trim above dry. As the leaves dry they curl in, making dry trimming a bit of a pita and it takes much longer.

We gently rinse/wash the green plant with water and shake off excess before trimming. Less stickyness on your hands and tools.
Each to his own.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

When I started growing I started with wet trim and now I always dry trim. I've found it to be much better. Retains terpene profiles far better but yea it does depend on your climate. If you have a high humidity situation it may be better to wet trim.

If you check out all the upcoming large scale grow facilities in the US, they all practice dry trim. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 420SA said:

When I started growing I started with wet trim and now I always dry trim. I've found it to be much better. Retains terpene profiles far better but yea it does depend on your climate. If you have a high humidity situation it may be better to wet trim.

If you check out all the upcoming large scale grow facilities in the US, they all practice dry trim. 

They probably have the luxury of a humidity controlled environment too. So for us small scales boys, from the above, it sounds like you would first look at climate like @Prom mentions and secondly look at the plant itself, to see whether the buds have many sugar leaves or not that would make a dry trim difficult, like @Bospatrollie2 says.

Climate right now is still quite humid, so one would opt for a wet trim? But then risk less terpene profiles. If that is not desired, then dry trim. One could work a way to maybe dry the harvest at a lower humidity somehow? I usually just hang my harvest in the same tent it grew in with the exhaust system on low and a small fan blowing on low against the side at the bottom of the tent. Although I have always wet trimmed, which I am now considering changing 😂 

• Like 1

I start trimming even before I harvest. All the remaining fan and large sugar leaves. Then the largest of what's left wet, and ongoing while drying. By the time the bud is dry enough for the jar, the remaining small sugar leaves are very crispy and break off easily.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1