Anyone have any experience with Hortimix powder

Let's us know what PH you feeding at as well. I had something similar with an out door coco grow. Turned out my PH pen was not calibrated and was 2 points off. I thought I was feeding at 5.8 but it was 7.8 :cursing 20190218_190432.thumb.jpg.5e4b7019d582eef1abf1b6f97ec79737.jpg

Good morning guys I'm growing in DWC I believe my problem was that I was under feeding from day one so over time I've upped the feeding alot as for pH I was using a colour pH test kit in the start I kept it to long at 5.5 now if got a pH pen and the pH is 5.8 IV also added a cal mag boosted to the mix witch I feel is helping alot my ppms are 750 and the new growth is starting to green up now abit so I'm not sure if it was just the feeding or the booster of cal mag that fixed the problem  or a combination of both I'm at  end of week 4 at the moment it's lsd 25 into early flower not sure if I should run it for one more week or start adding in some bloom nutes at this point will post some pics taken right now 

IMG_20190505_133741.jpg

IMG_20190505_133808.jpg

IMG_20190505_133803.jpg

IMG_20190505_133757.jpg

IMG_20190505_133745.jpg

IMG_20190505_133752.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Resurrecting this thread... What dosage & schedule should I be following for using hortimix for soil?

@RedEye you say don't follow their guide, what do you recommend then?

So far what I've been told/seen is this, let me know if any of this is wrong?

What do you think, does that sound reasonable?

Edited by highchome

Resurrecting this thread... What dosage & schedule should I be following for using hortimix for soil?
[mention=1920]RedEye[/mention] you say don't follow their guide, what do you recommend then?
That chart wouldn't work very well with cannabis because of the shorter veg cycle.

By the time you hit pre-flower, you should be at 2 EC or 1000ppm or slightly higher, depending how the plant handles it, & then once in flower you reduce A & B, and start adding C. Tapering A & B off till harvest/flush

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks @Jimmy-z, that helps a lot.

So as far as I understand then, I'll use the calcs from the spreadsheet at https://hydroponic.co.za/detailed-dosage-breakdown-element-ppm-npk-ratio-hortimix-andor-ehg/. Aim for ~1000ppm at pre flower and work out the weekly dosage to build up to that.

But does that mean for flowering I should be aiming for ~2000ppm?

Thanks [mention=749]Jimmy-z[/mention], that helps a lot.
So as far as I understand then, I'll use the calcs from the spreadsheet at https://hydroponic.co.za/detailed-dosage-breakdown-element-ppm-npk-ratio-hortimix-andor-ehg/. Aim for ~1000ppm at pre flower and work out the weekly dosage to build up to that.
But does that mean for flowering I should be aiming for ~2000ppm?

The highest you should aim for is 1000 ppm or 2 EC, A, B & C combined. Some plants can handle higher, but you risk burning them.

Very dark leaves, usually mean almost too much nitrogen, burnt tips usually follow if you increase your concentration. It's all about reading the leaves. Lol

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 5/28/2019 at 4:53 PM, highchome said:

@RedEye you say don't follow their guide, what do you recommend then?

So this is a table Iv been using for a couple grows which has been working with no issues for me. Note that the res used in the table is 150L, so just divide by 150 to get ml per L, then work according to your sizes res.

1185A60B-C0F5-4748-BF1C-B8288C852A35.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

I've switched to coco/perlite, for anyone doing the same I think you can follow the EC targets on this page with hortimix: https://cocoforcannabis.com/ectargets/

Seedling Early Veg Late Veg Early Bloom Late Bloom Ripen Flush
400* – 500 1100 – 1400 1200 – 1500 1100 – 1400 1300 – 1600 800 - 1100 0 - 200

*EC units are expressed in microsiemens. 400 microsiemens = 0.4 millisiemens

This is probably quite a n00b question, but how do the schedules work as it has week 1 to 9, but a grow will take longer than 9 weeks - even with autos they're generally 11 or 12 weeks.

I know you generally do not feed until week 2 or 3, then if you want to veg for 2 months you have 5 weeks still which will take you to week 5 on the schedule. 

Then flowering can easily take 8 - 12 weeks on top of that, but the schedule only goes to week 9.

So what am I not understanding regarding these schedules?

41 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

how do the schedules work as it has week 1 to 9, but a grow will take longer than 9 weeks

As far as I understand what you are trying to do is gradually increase the nutrient dosage to get to the final result. You typically would not want to go higher than the maximum recommended EC or ml depending what you are measuring as that would cause nutrient burn. So I think you have two options

1) Start with the initial recommended dose, and then each week increase it a little so that by the end of the grow you are at the maximum recommended value
2) Start with the initial recommended dose, follow their schedule and then keep it at the maximum once you get there even if that is for a few more weeks.

Perhaps one of the more experienced growers could say which is better (I'm guessing option 2). But whatever you do you'll need to watch the plan to see if there are any signs of burn or deficiency. 

I hope that helps 🙂 

• Like 1

As far as I understand what you are trying to do is gradually increase the nutrient dosage to get to the final result. You typically would not want to go higher than the maximum recommended EC or ml depending what you are measuring as that would cause nutrient burn. So I think you have two options
1) Start with the initial recommended dose, and then each week increase it a little so that by the end of the grow you are at the maximum recommended value
2) Start with the initial recommended dose, follow their schedule and then keep it at the maximum once you get there even if that is for a few more weeks.
Perhaps one of the more experienced growers could say which is better (I'm guessing option 2). But whatever you do you'll need to watch the plan to see if there are any signs of burn or deficiency. 
I hope that helps  
That makes more sense, especially option 2.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk