when will it stop

Gnome

Looking very nice @Gnome , your trichs are starting to go from clear to milky white, thought I saw one or two amber trichhead towards the end, I would say you are entering the harvest window, which could last some weeks depending on the weather and the strains. Just talking out of my own experience, Indica's usually ready up a bit faster than the sativas.

If bottom buds still have clear or milky white trichs when the top buds gets ready you could harvest the top first and leave the bottom to ready up some more. Have done this many times with Sativa's and hybrids in the past.  Some Sativas can go through winter and start to reveg again in spring, depending on your location ofc, frost usually kills em. 

:-rolled

Edited by Dank
spelling and grammar mistakes
  • Like 1

@Dank funny enough the lower nugs are closer to harvest than the main nugs and this is pure sativa close to week 12 or 13 of flowering now

@Justin Hemp only my neighbors to the left can see my monster and they dont smoke or go to their back yard  im in a perfect spot i can do 3 those size with no problem

On 4/21/2019 at 1:58 PM, Gnome said:

does any one have any experience with stem splitting

is it a good idea some of my nugs seem a week or 2 behind the others

@Gnome I was referring to this ^^ :-rolled , just meaning if some are ready earlier chop em first, like berries. 

EDIT: About the stem splitting, it usually gets done during the vegetative stages, not really recommended as plant could get infections etc. With that said it does get done, I believe its a ancient technique from India (don't quote me on this). The theory is that after the plant heals the wound it has increased its resin production and will keep producing at those levels.

I think now with colder nights and dampness it would do more harm than good, just my opinion.

Edited by Dank

19 minutes ago, Gnome said:

@Dank i decided against it im not finding any solid information on it its all just speculation

Yeh infections is really not worth it at this stage in the game, as well as the plant diverting its energy to heal the wounds could affect overall yield in the end.

Your plant looks awesome by the way, nuff respect, I'm sure you are going to be rewarded for your patience. That mature Sativa will most likely send peeps flying. :-puffin 

EDIT: Indoors in a controlled environment would be a different story, still then I would experiment on one plant and see if there is a major difference. If a person uses identical clones in the same room you could get some good ideas if it works or not. Never realized guys are doing it at the end of the flowering cycle. We learn something every day!

Edited by Dank

Gotcha :-rolled Along with killing the light cycle for a day or two prior two harvest this is not a bad thing to experiment with, indoors, on a plant or two, best would be 2 clones from the same mom.

Not to be too technical, a week away from harvest the plant already knows its over, especially if there are cold nights, shorter hours etc.

I did some searches and saw guys are even drilling holes in the stem prior too harvest. Seems to be working for them, indoors, or simply a sure way to kill a plant. :-greenthumb

Edited by Dank

That furry bug that I know not the name of, hang on, I think it could be some kind of mealy bug, not 100% sure, it will make more fluff and basically punctures the stem to feed of the plant (just my observations), if left unchecked can cause a lot of problems. Based on my own experience.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mealybug

Please correct me if im wrong!! :-puffin

Edited by Dank
spelling and grammar correction

Some insects lay their eggs in a type of protective foam that looks very similar to that.

All due respect to all living creatures but,
If it looks vegetarian, it's got no business near my plants.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

the somber day has come where i need to take a life slowly and painfully chopping of limbs over a week or so

i have dawned my ritual murder garbs and had a healthy vegan biltong snack

DSC_0326.thumb.JPG.b5afc8a432857977f7bb83245ed92ef0.JPG

its been a long journey 8 months of which was 16 weeks was flowering

i gave it sea grow twice i think during veg and during flower i only gave it seed sprout tea made from popcorn seeds and mung bean every week and a half and skipped when it rained 

i dont know how i only got one vote in the plant of the month comp because i think a 3.5m tree is quite impressive but lets wait to see the yield

DSC_0328.thumb.JPG.3a4d4d01c045ece56fedd3e7b8d06523.JPG

DSC_0331.thumb.JPG.0cecf85bd99f545d1211a1f43d30ae27.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1