Soil amendments and Biobizz feeding? (outdoor grower)

shaneinsane

Hi Guys

I want to level up my game for my second year growing, for which i have the following questions.

Im using freedom farms classic mix and growing in the 40 litre Velcro bags. Last year i fed only black-strap molasses heavily during veg and added Bio-bloom during flowering phase. Results were great.

This year id like to prep my soil by adding a good amendment to my craft soil to boost it, I have the Biobozz Pre-mix in mind. Is this a good amendment? Should i be adding a high Nitrogen amendment?

Nutes i want to add Biobizz Fish-mix and Biobizz Top-max to my Bio-Bloom. Can anyone who uses any of these products, tell me in what ball park their feeding schedule / quantities are? I know the dosages on the products are conservative, but i dont want to take the chance of hurting my plants. Can anyone give me a guideline for outdoor growing?

I would appreciate any assistance from my fellow growmies!

peace&love peace&love

• Like 1

I think it is a waist of money. That is just my point of view. If you start with good soil just add compost tea's and seed sprout tea's. Your plants should do great. Rather research those products and make your own mixes. Im not aying their products are not worth it if you have the cash. Comsumerism.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

the FF premium classic is great, no need to invest more on soil. You might want to go 60L fabric pots.. bigger even better. Carefull, FF soil does not provide enough stability for monster trees and wind, you need to cage those best.

I like your selection of the biobizz range.. as you know molasses already, just add a bit during flower and you made your own biobizz Grow.

Short dirty table. Lets say you start mid october.

First 2 weeks nada, just let them germinate. 

Start with 2ml fish mix per liter rain water in week 3, beginning Nov.

End Nov, beginning Dec, 3ml Fish per liter, depending a bit on size. End december you change to 4ml per liter fish mix.

Some change faster, some slower. Around 27 jan, they should go or be Pre. Also your swap, redunce to 3ml fish and add 1ml molasses, 2ml bloom per liter

Next change is flowers form, little ones but flowers... 2ml fish, 2ml molasses and 3ml bloom per liter.

Flowers now thick like your little finger. 2ml fish, 2ml molasses, 3ml Bloom, 1ml TopMax per liter

Flowers thumb size... 2ml fish, 2ml molasses, 4ml bloom, 2ml TM

Week after add 1ml TM additional (3ml), another week after another ml... should be 4ml total now.

When all your pistil hair are brown, time to flush for 7 days. Pure water only...

Pity is that plants cant read... but they tell you if you over do it. Just observe new grown material and react. 

Hope it helped...😊

Edited by Prom
typo
  • Like 2

@SkunkPharm  Thanks for advise!  Ive heard praise about the tea's, makes sense, but havent done the research. Will definitely have to look at it!

@Prom  Thanks for this solid feeding backbone. Great reference to work off of what i already learnt in previous grows. With this feeding what kind of watering schedule should i follow, to avoid build up etc?

peace&love peace&love

is a very gentle feeding table... i dont like to burn plants of others. Depending on genetics, expect huge trees. Makes very much sense to top. 

Watering... lift the pot.. feather light, fill till you have a bit run off. Fabric pots like to run over the side and leave inside dry. Bottom feed might be easier with fabric pots. 

Just watch the tips of the leaves... they yellow, swap to water till new grown leaves have the normal green endings. With a fresh bag FF and the biobizz, no way you run in a defficiency, used it to often... if your pots are a bit small... under 60 liter, i suggest to mix a few spoons epsom salt in the FF.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...

@Prom I'll be growing Northern Lights, White Widow, OG Kush, and trying my luck at Blueberry Cheese.

Should take the topping super well. I have found the trick with the fabric pots is to not move them. Once the soil has created a "seal" with the side of the pot, it is best not to move or change the shape of the pot. If you do, it creates a gap between the soil and the side wall of the pot which just drains all your water away, leaving very little moisture to penetrate the depth of your container. I can see how drawing water up from below will omit this. 

"if your pots are a bit small... under 60 liter, i suggest to mix a few spoons epsom salt in the FF." - is this to be mixed in as an amendment prior to loading it into the velcro pots?

Thanks for all the guidance!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Spaidan
      Hello growers
      I would love to have an opinion on this topic. Let me update you on what I have been working with. I have a one plant indoor grow inside a 80cm x 80cm grow tent. I use a 40l fabric pot with both Orgasoilux and Freedom farms soil (green bag). The bottom half I use Orgasoilux(20l) and the top half I use Freedom farms soil(20l). Throughout veg all I give the plant is Biodyne Environoc 401 (microbes), Molasses and water. This results in an extremely healthy plant.
      Once I flip to flower I start using organic bottled nutrients. In the past I have used Biobizz Bio-bloom, and more recently I have used Dirty hands inc - Bio-Phos (Jamie's brand). I give 3ml Bio-Phos once a week early flower and up it to 5ml every week mid to late flower. Plus a molasses feeding every 2 weeks and stopped using Biodyne microbes 1 week into flower.
      I was thinking about completely ditching bottled nutrients and going the topdressing route for flower. I was thinking of maybe topdressing a week before the flip with Jamie's elemental blend. I am just worried if it will provide enough for the plants through to harvest. I was also thinking of maybe using my own topdressing blend of Dry kelp, Gypsum, Malted Barley and Worm Castings. Would love an opinion on switching to topdressing for flower and if the elemental blend should be more than enough to take me to harvest. If you think I should just stick to bottled nutrients for flower let me know. I am going to include photo's of my 2 previous grows using the method I have stated above. Just trying to get the best quality flower possible :)
      Some thoughts of mine...…
      Topdressing vs Liquid Nutrients?
      Biobizz Bio-Bloom vs Dirty Hands Inc Bio-Phos?
      One topdressing enough 1 week before flip?
      Elemental Blend or my own flowering mix?
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      My Grow:
      Medium: Top Half Freedom Farms soil (20l) + bottom half Orgasoilux(20l)
      Additives and Amendments: Molasses + Biodyne Environoc 401 Microbes + Dirty Hands Inc - Bio-Phos + Mycoroot (seedling)
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      (Seedling)
      - Solo Cup + Freedom Farms soil + Mycoroot
      -Transplant in week 2 of veg to 40l
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      (Veg Stage)
      - initial inoculant 2ml Environoc Microbes
      -1ml per litre  Environoc every 2 weeks
      -5ml per litre Molasses every 2 weeks
      -Stop Environoc 1 week into flower
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      (Flower Stage)
      -3ml Bio-Phos every week (early flower)
      -5ml Bio-Phos every week (late flower)
      -5ml Molasses every 2 weeks
      -Stop Bio-Phos 2 weeks before harvest
      -Feed molasses until harvest
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Pictures below include TH seeds - Orangesicle + Trainwreck (darker leaves) and a photo of Orangesicle during veg

• By StonerZN
      'Olla Bromigos!
      Getting started a little later this year than last, rain around this time in my neck of the woods played havoc with seedlings last year. 
      For this Season I am firmly in the Local is Lekker corner, and will be running a bunch of @Totemicand some @Bay Seeds sourced a while ago from the Legends at @Cannabist. Thank you all for the great deal and freebies! Very grateful and super keen 🙃

So here we go! Up first 2 each of:
      Totemic - Green Gelato. Reg
      Totemic -Strawberry Deluxe. Fem
      Totemic - Strawberry Sugar Cookies. Fem
      Bay Seeds - AK Royal x Lemon Jedi X Choc Gelato. Reg
      Totemic - Gelato x Cherry CBD. Reg

All seeds soaking since 4PMish, dechlorinated water with a spritz of Biodyne and BioBizz Root juice.
      Some king sized seeds, some so big they got stuck in the container and needed prying out.

Very keen to get started! Some will go straight into pots from here, others via ziploc and paper towel route. Don't have enough side plates to separate 5 diff strains in paper towels etc. Will give the Fems the special treatment and let the Regs go au natural.

• By afternoon blazer
      What up growmigos
      So got abit bored and wanted to do 1 last run before the year is up.
      Gona give the autos a break for now.
      STRAINS
      Regulars - Choc Gelato x Ghost Train Haze (5) shout out to @Totemic
      Feminized - White Rhino (5)
      Bag - OG Kush (3)

Started off in small pots. Was all i had.
      And due to this not being an auto run, they would need transplants later on. ( i wanted to start small and then select the best babies to be transplanted.)
      Due to the unpredictability of the bag seeds and the regulars i decided to pot a few and see which will be worthy of a transplant.
      Im going to try and keep them outdoors for now. As my grow box currently has the Mixed auto run.
      If sprouting and growing goes well. I will then put them in the grow box and let the autos grow outdoors. (The autos havnt started flowering yet, so waiting on that)
      Seeds poted today. So first watering should be in a couple of days. Weather is bleek this week so pots not drying up too much.
      ✌😉

• By afternoon blazer
      Howzit fine people.

Next run on the go.
      Next seed supplier on the hit list "Groen seeds"  . . . They had a special on that i couldnt resist.

So apparently these are autos. But unknown strains. They had a bag of 5 autos for 100 bucks.
      I also ran out of pots. So had to make a plan. According to my estimates. They are in 12 liters of soil. And the small pot is a 8 liter.
      Potted on thursday morning. 14-10-20
      Freedom farms soil. Biobizz nutez.

• By Bakstein420
      So I decided to grow some autos outdoors to replenish my stash while I mainline the Ethos ladies.  I grabbed a 5 pack of Fastbud's C4 but lost 4 of the seedlings to heavy winds.
      The remaining survivor went in the cupboard to help her get established before facing the outdoor forces. 
      I slowly introduced her to life beyond the wall till she started pushing pistils recently.