420SA's Perpetual Paradys

420SA

Those plants are looking phenomenal !

Congrats, they look very promising.

The frosting on that Sour Diesel is insane! What a sight! 

I have also boticed CBD strain to be slightly slower , or at least to appear like they are falling behind. I agree with you, it must be genetics.

What are you main observation between your organic and hydro grow ? 

• Like 1

Peat lost popularity here because of cost. Coco was cheaper and punted as being as good/better. I prefer peat, the pH is easily balanced and the activity is far better imo. It the medium preferred by professional flower growers, however the cost is often the reason it is ignored. Want some golden advice? If you use Lime/Rock dust/Phosphate/Oyster etc, you'll want peat not coco.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 10/21/2018 at 11:10 PM, GreenMunchkin said:

Those plants are looking phenomenal !

Congrats, they look very promising.

The frosting on that Sour Diesel is insane! What a sight! 

I have also boticed CBD strain to be slightly slower , or at least to appear like they are falling behind. I agree with you, it must be genetics.

What are you main observation between your organic and hydro grow ? 

Its hard to say with any certainty what the main differences are until I compare them to their clones in the opposite medium. Right now things are still in the balance. If I was to compare the two organic P.O's to the one hydro P.O I would say the organics are ahead and looking better but they are 3 different pheno's so again there's no certainty there. The blue kush and sour diesel clones are about 2 weeks away from being added to the flower tent. They are both in soil.

The only noticeable difference I'm seeing right now is the stems. The hydro stems are quite a bit thicker than the organic's. Will take a pic tonight if I get a chance

4 hours ago, Hochymama said:

Sorry just snapped a pic to show you, not sure if that bale pictured would be helpful, but @noobymacdooby uses them I believe so dbl check with him which bale it is.....

Thanks Hochy I see they have a little warehouse here by me.

I don't know much about this lithuanian variety... is it essentially the same as canadian SPM?

55 minutes ago, 420SA said:

Thanks Hochy I see they have a little warehouse here by me.

I don't know much about this lithuanian variety... is it essentially the same as canadian SPM?

Here's the manufacturer's website: https://klasmann-deilmann.com/en

link to some info on the various types: http://www.ghtech.co.za/klasmann-subtrates.pdf

You can use the TS1 fine or the plug mix. Keep in mind though these are 4 cubic ft bales so you're getting a fair amount and might not be good for testing.

And from the web: Loose white peat. White peat is of botanical origin. White peat consists mainly of a mixture of moderately decomposed remains of different species of peat mosses (Sphagnum sp.) and less remains of herbs. White horticultural peat is collected from the surface of the peat layer using a mechanical cutting method.

Also as I said before I'm a nooby but a grower who is very good at organics recommended this to me and it looks to be working. I also dont know how well this will work with bio-bizz or the powderfeed organics, any bottled nutes for that matter.

• 2 weeks later...

Howzit guys

I must apologise profusely for the lack of proper updates lately. It's a mix of being insanely busy, having too much on my plate and a touch of laziness on the side 😉

It's been a big struggle with heat here. Sometimes my canopy temps sit at 36!! and that was on a mildly hot day.... As a result I'm sure it has costed me yield with some fox tailing evident and just general signs of heat stress. Not too bad but evident, especially on the Blue Kush .... I do have a portable AC but I need to figure out how to work it with my current setup. I can't have the AC in the tents so it needs to sit outside the tents... then I need to figure out a way to get the temperature sensor of the AC into my flower tent so the temp can be somewhat regulated... I'm only concerned about the heat in my flower tent.

Anyways here are the plants. Taken last Thursday.

Tent.thumb.jpg.a5b803a8f6335e67d69bc2112b79bd40.jpg

PO CBD #1 - She had started swelling in this pic and is well into her swell at the moment. She'll be getting the chop as soon as the swell ends. Really nice sweet citrus smell coming off these PO CBD's. 

931969064_PO1.1.thumb.jpg.7ddb22449bf5e10c1879f5d8984c0d3f.jpg

1703777007_PO1.2.thumb.jpg.e4c5b3a3a0dddf02734ee737f4759ddd.jpg

PO CBD #2 -  still has a way to go by the looks of it. Bit worried about these buds being airy due to the heat.

408893494_PO2.1.thumb.jpg.013e4a59b56d09a50ef0bec8b5045f18.jpg

PO CBD #3 Hydro - also still a long way to go. Her and the PO #2 are pretty much on par.

1537779769_PO3.1.thumb.jpg.79ec83653c6ad09312e71273ca52f931.jpg

ASD Hydro - still by far the pick of the lot. She's nearing the end of her swell. Pungent fuel like smell coming off her, true to the name. Waiting anxiously for a portable microscope to arrive so I can check those trichs. She's put on a fair amount of mass, a lot more I reckon if the temps were ideal.

958278936_ASD1.1.thumb.jpg.6cb0948471033f34e793ed1c53d1908a.jpg

116138651_ASD1.2.thumb.jpg.3b3c568cce651f51573b4a67e7288c77.jpg

BK Hydro - the flop of the lot. I hate this plant and I think she knows it lol its a real pity cos she smells amazing, like fruity candy. The buds have started stretching(due to high heat), the leaves claw no matter how much I flush. Utterly full of shit. I'll give her a last chance with her clone in organic soil that has gone into flower now too (see pic further down) but if she under performs again I won't be keeping the BK around.

BK.thumb.jpg.268fbe6f23558c993fe3705d55c67773.jpg

BK Clone Organic

A recent addition to the tent. She has been topped and supercropped to slow her progress to allow the organic sour diesel to catch up to her. She's in my soil mix. 

1901169462_BK2.thumb.jpg.07f057ad1b640765a062475b1aae85ca.jpg

ASD Clone Organic - Also just added to the tent. Let's see how these two do against the hydro siblings. They will have an advantage as I will be sorting out that heat issue.

20181114_143900.thumb.jpg.e397581be17e6f4cc8dabad78c2b72e6.jpg

Im sure the next update will be when I'm most likely chopping the ASD and PO #1

Till then ✌️

• Like 2

Thanks did you come right with the PM?
Some plants I had to take down a little earlier than I would have liked and some were fairly resistant to the PM so mixed results pretty much. I also ended up frying the fan leaves lol as I ideally should have sprayed lights off. I did fan dry as much as possible before putting them back but clearly I'd didn't help

Sent from my ALE-L02 using Tapatalk