420SA's Perpetual Paradys

420SA

Lol I'll be back home this afternoon to give an update. Been fly fishing in Dullstroom since Monday. I can provide this pic so long. Been monitoring my plants with the Alfred app. Organics were transplanted last Sunday night.

37cf3064299eae842d88d68257a49115.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Lol I'll be back home this afternoon to give an update. Been fly fishing in Dullstroom since Monday. I can provide this pic so long. Been monitoring my plants with the Alfred app. Organics were transplanted last Sunday night.

37cf3064299eae842d88d68257a49115.jpg

Cool stuff. That's the life, flyfishing on a Monday, hope you were high as well lol

Update Veg Day 31

Howzit guys

It's been a while since my last update, apologies. Been away for the last few days since Monday and didn't get a chance to give an update before I left.

Last Sunday I realised that it was time for a repot of the 2 x P.O organics before I left the following Monday. As you can see in the first pic below they were starting to droop with a tinge of yellowing starting on the bottom set of leaves. I potted up into 20L fabric pots with my own living soil recipe. Gave them a water and left them until I returned today. They're looking happy.

Also fed the hydro plants on Sunday night and as you can see they're really thirsty. I'll give them some straight water tonight. Also contemplating potting them up.

The 2 P.O organics will be topped and cloned tonight. I'm still not sure whether the hydro plants can be topped yet, I'll decide that tonight.

:-peace

One of the P.O organics pre transplant

0d68701272a9ca05d18b0fd851d599b9.jpg

State of affairs 5 days later

5a6e3fd1d47ed4bb822c2bd1388b1575.jpg95aecbefa6126c9fc9119a227f82466b.jpg

Quite a bit has happended. The two organics were topped and cloned last Friday. I gave them a watering last night with some Humic acid

The hydros went into their finals pots yesterday. The Blue Kush(top right) also got its topping last Sunday. The other 2 aren't quite ready yet for theirs

6f75a0e0297824aabcafe2d046f8d0c6.jpgd683ed0bd4e5c4342e317407691c21c4.jpg441b80dbf04927325897d9892b9333c6.jpg

Right now the organic plants are way ahead. If you compare the hydro P.O and organic P.O's there's a big difference in growth. To be honest that's not what I expected, as the common perception is that hydro is a quicker grower but that's not the case here.Yes, the hydro P.O is a different pheno but I can just tell with the overall health of the plants as well. The leaves on the organic feel and look healthier...with that being said I do feel that I've been a bit infrequent with the hydro feedings and am going to be feeding more frequently now. I think once we pass week 3 or 4 of flower I think we can re-assess things.

My humic is the Growguru humic mix in liquid form. First time using it. It's also available from Organics matter in granular form.

Below is a pic of the plants taken this evening. Hydross settling well into their new pots

Top row(left to right): Purple Orange #3 Hydro, Amherst Sour Diesel Hydro, Blue Kush

Bottom row(left to right): Purple Orange #2 Soil, Purple Orange #1 Soil

Have a top weekend!

6bff7fd5e306eedbd7f77a8b14560779.jpg

Have been feeding about every 3-4 days, waiting for the pots to get dryish. Always have done that in the beginning stages and then upped the tempo in the latter. Now that they're in their new pots it's every 2 days. I've never seen the need to go more frequently.

A mate of mine has pointed out this dude to me lately. His name is Don Juan Matus. The guy feeds 6 times a day with no runoff, its crazy but the reasoning behind it makes plenty sense. Here's his thread on icmag https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=300255

Definitely gonna give this method a try with 1 or 2 plants later on

Have been feeding about every 3-4 days, waiting for the pots to get dryish. Always have done that in the beginning stages and then upped the tempo in the latter. Now that they're in their new pots it's every 2 days. I've never seen the need to go more frequently.

A mate of mine has pointed out this dude to me lately. His name is Don Juan Matus. The guy feeds 6 times a day with no runoff, its crazy but the reasoning behind it makes plenty sense. Here's his thread on icmag https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=300255

Definitely gonna give this method a try with 1 or 2 plants later on

Thanks for the link, really crazy 6x daily, but he knows his variables and manages them to perfection, challenges conventional wisdom and pushes the limits, great strategy to up your game. Squeeze more "elbows" from watts lol

Time for a little update

I topped and cloned  the sour diesel and the P.O #3 last Saturday.

Unfortunately the P.O #1 clone didn't root so I cut a little further up the stem, dipped in root gel and will try again with that one. Fortunately the P.O#2 clone and B.K clone both rooted nicely and are now in their respective mediums. The P.O #2 goes into the hydro mix and the B.K goes into my organic seedling mix.

Here's the B.K clone

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1688.0;attach=11554;ts=1535631930;image

Here's a pic from the tent last night. The B.K is starting to catch up to the organics even though the B.K always seems a bit hungry to me, even when I up the feeds she just doesn't seem to respond like the other 2 hydros, it may be a funny pheno or she's just a heavy feeder.

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1688.0;attach=11558;ts=1535631933;image

The 2 organics will get their first compost tea this Saturday

Grow guru sent this to me a short while ago. Will be hard to know how much difference it is actually making. Bit of a skeptic with these but let's see.

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1688.0;attach=11556;ts=1535631931;image

20180829_173729.thumb.jpg.33749cfd1b14a5216ee2b94e838e5fd3.jpg

20180829_175450.thumb.jpg.60c41e7044838fdf2958426f1a31f051.jpg

20180829_165823.thumb.jpg.d7411fecbe63dc7b957be984aba088ad.jpg

You'd need to get it at around 1000 PPM. You'd need to calculate the volume of your tent, then the release pressure of that bottle in order to verify that are indeed getting it to the required concentration.  For your size tent which looks like 1.2x1.2 ? I'd go with one of the mycobags they last 3/4 months. Those bottles are a bit gimmicky in my view and only last for two weeks at 250R a refill. 

i'm busy setting up a regulator with a bottle, however due to the costly nature of co2 monitors ive had to work out the required release pressure along with the timing intervals in order to compensate for my extraction fans. Ideally a nice co2 monitor would be awesome, but at 245USD meh..

Growguru sent the bottle to me to test out. No way you'll see me paying R250 every 2 weeks for co2. Adding co2 to a grow like this doesn't seem worthwhile to me anyway but hey... let's see

co2 to any grow is beneficial immaterial of the size. I'm sure you've read articles on the subject so I wont copy and paste but they all over. That being said you can easily just build your own generator for like 50R.

Don't get me wrong I do know of the benefits and yes it will make a difference but its another cost I would just prefer to avoid as the plants can do without added co2

Interested to hear about your R50 co2 generator though ;)

Yeast+sugar+water + 5L water bottle, tubing, and a small inline valve to adjust the release. yeast eats suger produces co2 byproduct, R85 for bulk active yeast macro for 24packs 5grams, it'll last you a few months :)