Super Soil (Only Water )

10 hours ago, SHiNi said:

Hi guys I can't seem to make up my mind between two super soils has anyone used any of these 2 or can recommend a good quality super soil 

I wouldn't trust a bag soil mix to use as water only. You will either burn your seedlings or you will need to add something at the end to boost the flower. 

Have a look at KIS Organics and have a read of some of their articles, you can even listen to the first few episodes of their podcast that will give you a good baseline idea of what should go into a proper super soil that truly is water only (maybe plus a compost tea or two).

Point I'm making is that no real medium is going to be water only if you truly want optimal results. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Ill_Evan said:

I wouldn't trust a bag soil mix to use as water only. You will either burn your seedlings or you will need to add something at the end to boost the flower. 

Have a look at KIS Organics and have a read of some of their articles, you can even listen to the first few episodes of their podcast that will give you a good baseline idea of what should go into a proper super soil that truly is water only (maybe plus a compost tea or two).

Point I'm making is that no real medium is going to be water only if you truly want optimal results. 

Thanks Evan I'm planning to supplement if needed with compost tea or top dress and definitely during flowering 

• Like 1

it is my personal recommendation that you go the diy supersoil route, as this simplifies growing to the extent where you can grow trees on only water for months on end

jamie that makes orgasoil has another product elemental blend which you can toss into your soil at the end of every grow 

if you do start with premix bags, orga has been the mostly recommended to me but i have no experience using it as a standalone product

• Thanks 1
  • Fire! 1

Both soils are for flowering plants, either they are going straight into flower or larger plants repotted with some 1/2 weeks veg time and then flower. 

Soil tests in both are quite undesirable in my experience. High in chlorides, sodium, potassium and magnesium. A good heavy watering of the soil before planting would do good. With distilled water preferably.

Best option would be to make your own and under-do all the amendments A - Z 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire! 1

base for seedlings (or throughout cycle with added liquid fertilizers)

coco coir/peat
hydrorokz
potting soil mix
worm castings
biochar
fly frass
rock dust
potassium sulphate

soil amendments to base before every new cycle

Elemental Blend 
Alfalfa meal, Aloe meal, Basalt Rock Dust, Bio-Char , Canna-kashi, Calcitic Lime, Copper Powder, Diatomaceous Earth, Dolomite Lime, Fulvic Acid, Fly Frass, Seabird Guano, Gypsum, Humic Acid, Kelp Meal, Malted Barley, Manganese Oxide, Montmorillonite Clay, Soft Rock Phosphate & Zeolite

Edited by GreenGalaxyFarm
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, GreenGalaxyFarm said:

base for seedlings

coco coir/peat
hydrorokz
potting soil mix
worm castings
biochar
fly frass
rock dust
potassium sulphate

Elemental Blend 
Alfalfa meal, Aloe meal, Basalt Rock Dust, Bio-Char , Canna-kashi, Calcitic Lime, Copper Powder, Diatomaceous Earth, Dolomite Lime, Fulvic Acid, Fly Frass, Seabird Guano, Gypsum, Humic Acid, Kelp Meal, Malted Barley, Manganese Oxide, Montmorillonite Clay, Soft Rock Phosphate & Zeolite

Should work, use the elemental blend as a top dress for flower and that help with the much need minerals for flower, 1 week before flip.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GreenGalaxyFarm said:

base for seedlings (or throughout cycle with added liquid fertilizers)

coco coir/peat
hydrorokz
potting soil mix
worm castings
biochar
fly frass
rock dust
potassium sulphate

Elemental Blend 

Wow that is alot of stuff, and I see most people rather go with diy super soil so I've decided to take that route as well.Now my question is all those stuff you list in what amounts should it be bought and can I just through everything together on a tarp and mix? Or is there I certain order as to how it should be mixed in? Or a link to a thread would also be much appreciated and thanks for the great input

Edited by SHiNi
  • Like 1

its a lot of goodness. each component i can elaborate on if you don't see its purpose in the mix. 

mix mine on the driveway, its mostly driveway here anyway tarps work but another expense for a one time use item. you wont ever build the base again just amend to it. the super soil gets better with age.

you mix everything through regardless of order

to steer you in some direction as to buying the stuff, how many plants and pots sizes are we talking?

• Like 1
  • Fire! 1

I'm planning to grow 2 plants start in solo cups with FF Seedstarter mix.Then from there they going into 5L FF fabric pots and then finally into 20L FF fabric pots that's the plan. 

10 minutes ago, GreenGalaxyFarm said:

its a lot of goodness. each component i can elaborate on if you don't see its purpose in the mix. 

mix mine on the driveway, its mostly driveway here anyway tarps work but another expense for a one time use item. you wont ever build the base again just amend to it. the super soil gets better with age.

you mix everything through regardless of order

to steer you in some direction as to buying the stuff, how many plants and pots sizes are we talking?

• Like 2

Worm Castings - https://hydroponic.co.za/hydroponics/fertilis-worm-castings/
R60

Blood Meal - https://www.greenhouston.co.za/products/blood-meal
R40

Bat Guano - https://hydroponic.co.za/hydroponics/madagascan-bat-guano/
R200

Rock Phosphate - https://www.greenhouston.co.za/products/rock-phosphate
R31

Epsom Salts - https://hydroponic.co.za/hydroponics/epsom-salts/
R10
Dolomite Lime - https://www.greenhouston.co.za/products/dolomite-lime
R25

Azomite -
https://www.takealot.com/volcanic-rock-dust/PLID91362362
R150

Humic Acid - https://www.greensquareshop.com/products/organics-matter-humic-acid-granular-1l
R110

What I still need to add to the list is
High quality Organic potting soil
Fish Bone Meal

Any recommendations welcome this is the route I decided on its Subcools formula and I know I will have excess soil left for the 2 plants that I'm planning to but maybe I'll grow more.
Total +- R626 excluding delivery
Without the 2 listed above

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, SHiNi said:

What I still need to add to the list is

aeration, go with perlite if you want it will turn to dust however. people are going more in the direction of hydroton.

check out pricing on marijuana sa and futurama as well they are closer to you

also no biochar, do more research before running with subcools

Edited by GreenGalaxyFarm
  • Like 1
  • Fire! 1

32 minutes ago, GreenGalaxyFarm said:

aeration, go with perlite if you want it will turn to dust however. people are going more in the direction of hydroton.

check out pricing on marijuana sa and futurama as well they are closer to you

also no biochar, do more research before running with subcools

Thanks @GreenGalaxyFarmI'll do some more research.

• Like 1