2023 Comp prep???

ORGANinc.

4 hours ago, iGrowDagga said:

Anyone can buy dank from local supplier and submit it, almost nobody can stick to the process of growing from seed to harvest and documenting the process. 

Our previous grow offs has been about growing, no need to submit flower, that's illigal, risky and downright easy to cheat. 

Please don't exclude the rest of South Africa because you have the golden opportunity to be a CPT resident. 

Sure you can buy the weed from a local store. And the other 19 will say "Thank You". You might even win.. but it will cost you ^^ Half way decent weed you get for 150 and up in the stores.. prices reach 220-250 a gram for their best. Forking out 10k Rand to win... nothing ^^ is everybody's own decision. If we do a city vs city setup, you will have to buy some more hehehe 

The main point is.. what we do is not illegal by law. You are allowed to carry 100g with you and if there is no money exchange, you are allowed to trade.. is exactly what we do. We give 2g for free to each competitor and get 2g back from each.. 100% covered by the law from 2018.

Is why I suggest to run the competition parallel in all big SA cities.. only if you get more as 5 (as suggestion) per city the local competition opens. City winners then clash with the other city winners and figure out what town in SA has the best growers sitting around 😎

Would suggest to run 2 comps a year (could be more).. March and September as judging months and the city vs city participants can't take part in the next local. Just have to set some rules for the competition and how the hand over will take place. Rest is smoking and judging.. no grow stress during the competition. So has nothing to do with a grow off.. more a smoke off hehehe i like that. If it kicks in we can run it like a football league.. where the clubs are represented by each city. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Hello everyone!

Yes, I hear everyone about the competition, some people would rather just make decisions and have a comp to present to the fine people of SA. Be it through a small forum or well established group of growers.

Doesn't matter to me, I don't think people will go out of their way to purchase absolute fire bud just to win. I'm not appose to having the bud judged and also don't care if there is no Bud judging. Either way. If we do judge bud, then only 3/5 max people should be the judges for ease of getting the result finalized. Or best option I think, PICTURE Judging!

I wouldn't change anything from the last competition. I think we just do it again and set the dates.

It works out super well, got some great action from the forum. Everybody was involved and there was a nice buzz in the air. 

If we can just all put our heads together regarding the prizes, maybe a substantial entrance fee, 1/2 goes to prizes and 1/2 goes to @Totemic and admin, reg, courier. Hopefully Tote got the hook up some fire genetics again. Sure he can.

How about a decent R500 entrance fee. Money makes the world go round. then there are many possibilities. 

And also rule out the indoor only, make it both indoor and outdoor. Anybody can participate. 

I dont know, just some 3c's

Edited by ORGANinc.
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, ORGANinc. said:

How about a decent R500 entrance fee. Money makes the world go round. then there are many possibilities. 

If we involve money, we enter a gray zone.. if we act on trade alone.. we are covered by the law. Till it is legalized, I would exclude a entry fee to keep the cops off our backs.

Indoor or Outdoor is just a question when you enter the competition.. Winter outdoor isn't the same as summer outdoor. But weed is weed and to prevent people entering crap to get good stuff in exchange.. also needs to get addressed. When some guys have fun, there is always a person trying to abuse the system. We first have to decide what way to go and then lay down some ground rules. Main question to start.. we grow or we smoke weed in the competition? 

Edited by Prom
typo
  • Like 3

Well I don't know how else it would make it serious enough for the organizers as well as  the growers to have some what of a successful comp.

There is an element of commitment when the entrance fee is substantial. Also it makes it easier to then have a decent prize pool. I don't think the cops care about our little home growers competition. Honestly, and if they do, they actually need to worry about the dude growing 100/1000 plants, not the little pikininis 😄 

• Like 1

Getting a competition like this going does cost money. Just getting your seeds to you is R100. Then there is a cost involved with the seeds themselves, any packaging and or printing. Multiply this by 50 to 100 entrants, it becomes an astronomical 5-10k. Now we haven't even bought or engraved a single trophy yet, and there is no prize pool to speak of. Expecting myself or the forum admin to cover that cost is unfair. Neither Totemic or the forum is monetized currently.

An entrance fee of R500 would cover costs, and leave +/- R250 per entrant towards a prize pool. The more entrants, the bigger the prizes could be....could be cash, or could be gear bought. I say gear bought, because getting sponsors for these comps is difficult. Getting them to sponsor the top shelf prizes we all want is even harder.

If you guys want a proper kick ass growoff, Its just not going to work any other way.

• Like 2
  • Agree 4

I really enjoyed the last growoff, similar beanz for all participants and weekly diaries to follow everyone. The best not was everyone helping each other and giving advice.
Personally cool with a R500 entry fee and judging on photos with a local smoke-off Pete region perhaps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Those cheap BnB bulk seeds or clones will work great if Totemic is not able to dalla seeds. 

Perhaps a couple of us who have a online following could spread the word better this time as well. 

As there are many growers who never heard of the forum but are excellent growers. 

Happy to do my bit and pay R500. 

The best I ever grew was with the competition , focus is next level and highly enjoyable. 

Edited by iGrowDagga
  • Like 1

If you wanna go grow competition.. i give it a pass. Load shedding makes things un-fun, but would more then gladly do judging if required.

Right now I am more into trying different strains and gain a better overview what is out there, in regards to consume.. hence ^^ more into a Smoking the Shitz competition 😁

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...