3 Strain Run - Purple Opium, White Widow, Trumps Cookie Jar - Auto Fem

Hi Everyone, So I planted 3 plants yesterday.  Please follow this journal and give feedback an advice.  I would like to get them to harvest, heavy.  Below I will give as much info pertaining to the grow, please let me know if I should add something

Plants - Purple Opium Auto (Divine Seeds) - White Widow Auto (Marijuana SA) - Trumps Cookie Jar Auto (President Seeds)

Grow Light is Lunar 1000W Full Spectrum LED light, my light cycle through the whole grow will be 20h light / 4h Dark if Eskom allows it.  I will be growing all three in living soil mix and adding Calcium Nitrate at certain intervals.  RH will be kept between 55 and 60% and temperature will stay between 19 and 25 degrees Celsius.  I am currently growing in a closet space as our new house is currently still being built and want to scope out tent spots and the size I require before investing in that.

I will keep the journal updated on a weekly bases and I really look forward to everyone's comments and advice to get these 3 girls to a heavy harvest.

Seed Reveal.jpeg

Seed Reveal.jpeg

Seed Reveal.jpeg

Cupboard grow Setup.jpeg

Grow Light.jpeg

Edited by ThricomeInstituteStudent
spelling
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Twix Aphen said:

Good luck and have fun with your autos. Are they feminised seeds?

Hi,  Thank you, really looking forward to it for sure, just holding thumbs that I can keep the temp reasonable, currently balancing it at 22 degrees, but losing some humidity due to that.  De-humidifier in the room shows 61%, but cupboard 43%.  Yes they are all feminised, This is only my third run in total, so just playing it "safe" at the moment.  I will start playing around with Photoperiods next summer when our new house is finished being built.

4 hours ago, Adansonia digitata said:

Are you going to given them the LST treatment? 

Hi, Yes indeed I am, this will be my first run doing LST, i have watched enough tutorials and done enough reading to finally trust myself and give it a go, still stressed as its new to me, but I am sure once I have done and seen it first person, I will have more confidence to do it again next time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Weskush said:

My money's on the Opium and Widow...😉 Guidance✌️

Amen man. I have grown girl scout cookies on my first run, will be interesting to see the difference between that and this cookie strain, that's the only reason why I took on Trump, good to have a comparison, and they also don't give THC % just say extremely high, so wanna smoke that shit. Always wanted to see widow up close and personal, so can't wait, purple opium can't find grow pictures anywhere on this strain, have no freaking idea what to expect. Fucking love these plants. 

Watering the plants daily with syringe in the middle, when dry, the little heater is drying cupboard to 49% RH. Not sure what's more important, good ambient temp or RH around 60%? Any suggestions? I am also trying to keep the tops moist with spray bottle of PH balanced water. I researched that living soil need to stay moist top otherwise the microbial lay dormant and don't recover. Can someone confirm. 

On 5/19/2021 at 2:37 PM, ThricomeInstituteStudent said:

Watering the plants daily with syringe in the middle, when dry, the little heater is drying cupboard to 49% RH. Not sure what's more important, good ambient temp or RH around 60%? Any suggestions? I am also trying to keep the tops moist with spray bottle of PH balanced water. I researched that living soil need to stay moist top otherwise the microbial lay dormant and don't recover. Can someone confirm. 

Cover the top soil with some mulch. Helps with water retention and keeping soil warm in cold conditions and cool in hot conditions.

Hows the germination going?

On 5/19/2021 at 2:37 PM, ThricomeInstituteStudent said:

I researched that living soil need to stay moist top otherwise the microbial lay dormant and don't recover. Can someone confirm

Not completely correct, your Microbes aren't only on the top layer, and you want some to feel threatened, and breed and lay eggs, forcing them to multiply. 

You can also drown them with too much water, and that is also why you have coco, and perlite, as they hold water and air, and a place for the Microbes to live and hide.

Edited by The_StonedTrooper
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Weskush said:

Cover the top soil with some mulch. Helps with water retention and keeping soil warm in cold conditions and cool in hot conditions.

Hows the germination going?

Perfect, thanks for the advice, gonna get some. White widow and purple have broke the surface already. Will post pictures on Saturday again. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, The_StonedTrooper said:

Not completely correct, your Microbes aren't only on the top layer, and you want some to feel threatened, and breed and lay eggs, forcing them to multiply. 

You can also drown them with too much water, and that is also why you have coco, and perlite, as they hold water and air, and a place for the Microbes to live and hide.

Those are the facts right there, thank for for the info. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, The_StonedTrooper said:

I like the stuffs you talking bout here, but just wana check, I don't think microbes lay eggs. they create colonies by basically splitting sells, each sell grows to a certain size then splits into two and so forth. there are different ways they split depending on the type of microbes and bacterias

good thing to practice is oxygenating your water. even filtered water will benefit from this, because it will serve your microbes and bacteria, well so actually your plant will benefit from it as it will be the one having to deal with the water. microbes and your plant really need oxygen and the way you drown them and your plant is depleting the soil of oxygen by saturating it with water. if the water is oxygenated however, you might be a little more on the safe side.

with tap water it will also get rid of shit like chlorine and chloramine and some other shit that will also harm your microbes.

microbes thrive in field capacity moisture levels, I find that to be around 70% on those "moisture meter" toys. easy way to estimate this is if you would squeeze the medium in your hand there shouldn't be water dripping out, though it must leave your hand wet. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

actually also wouldn't suggest filtered water as this gets rid of too much, same with any heavily conditioned water. 

your plants wat those trace amounts of zinc, copper, molybdenum and couple other of the metals we have in our tap water. 

best is fresh oxygenated spring water or fresh oxygenated rain water. 

for organic growing this is

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

On 5/17/2021 at 11:50 AM, ThricomeInstituteStudent said:

Grow Light is Lunar 1000W Full Spectrum LED light, my light cycle through the whole grow will be 20h light / 4h Dark if Eskom allows it.  I will be growing all three in living soil mix and adding Calcium Nitrate at certain intervals.  RH will be kept between 55 and 60% and temperature will stay between 19 and 25 degrees Celsius. 

Did you measure what the light draws on the plug?

20/4 is nice... Eskom gets a fair share, but Autos, what ever Eskom does, you do not really care light wise, just let the timer be.

Check your RH 2 hours in dark time, run a log or a max/min logger. Light on, your humidity level is lower due to the heat the lights release.

And remember, no cutting on autos and once they flower, let them be... only LST if you still must... should have done that during veg 😁

Have fun and good luck! 👍😊

• Like 1

On 5/18/2021 at 8:08 AM, ThricomeInstituteStudent said:

currently balancing it at 22 degrees, but losing some humidity due to that. 

Maintain the right temps and don't worry about humidity. As your ladies grow and you water more then the humidity will also rise up.

Good luck with the house building, did you design a grow room into the plans? 

On 5/22/2021 at 4:18 PM, Prom said:

Did you measure what the light draws on the plug?

20/4 is nice... Eskom gets a fair share, but Autos, what ever Eskom does, you do not really care light wise, just let the timer be.

Check your RH 2 hours in dark time, run a log or a max/min logger. Light on, your humidity level is lower due to the heat the lights release.

And remember, no cutting on autos and once they flower, let them be... only LST if you still must... should have done that during veg 😁

Have fun and good luck! 👍😊

Thank you for the advice, yes I currently measure the LUX output on the canopy of the plants, it reads 4500, I believe this is ideal?  I have a de-humidfier running currently at about 60%RH.  LST is all I am going to do once the plants are around node 5.

• Like 1

Hi Everyone, I haven't been on the forum in more than a week.  Work ha been hectic.  The three plants are happy, the PO and WW popped up on day 4, the Trumps only surfaced on day 7, but its stalk is much thicker than the other 2.  The WW stretched a little, so I just put a box under the pot to get it closer to the light which seems to have solved the problem.  I have been watering daily around the plants, not at the base as advised.  Seems to be working well.  I will load some pictures over the weekend on the progress.  I have also added some Alfalfa ground covering yesterday, I am sure it will help with moisture and also for nitrogen replacement after crushing them into the soil when the plants start to flower.

Mhhhhhhh... People and their LUX/Lumens meters 😁 If I remember correct, Veg you are more in the area of 30-40k Lux on the plant. All depends a bit what camera your phone uses.. you should aim for 500 micromole PAR light on the plant.. Lux includes green for example. PAR doesn't. If you got instructions with your light.. use those hanging distances. More accurate as a Lux meter, they measured the distances for the right PAR setup.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, ThricomeInstituteStudent said:

Thank you for the advice, yes I currently measure the LUX output on the canopy of the plants, it reads 4500, I believe this is ideal?  I have a de-humidfier running currently at about 60%RH.  LST is all I am going to do once the plants are around node 5.

yo yo! 4500 lux is half what i use on my germinating plants... and even at 10k lux i get stretchy seedlings. your aim should be between 20k and 40k like prom suggested and then you will be good.

40k-70k for flower anything more than that is a waste without a perfect setup with C02

• Like 1