CG's growtent

CG420za

Ahoy fellow growmies. I've decided to start a tent thread... I'll randomly post current grow pics. It's not a journal, I suck at those.

This grow started in mid Jan, but because I tried something new, my girls took very long to take off and thrive. DON'T EVER TRY TO START SEEDS IN TEA BAGS! The last pics is where I'm at now.

IMG_4564.JPG

IMG_2497.JPG

IMG_3108.JPG

IMG_3556.JPG

IMG_3837.JPG

IMG_4379.JPG

IMG_4557.JPG

IMG_4569.JPG

IMG_5568.JPG

IMG_5843.JPG

IMG_6184.JPG

IMG_6191.JPG

• Like 9

Morning okes. Decided to go this route with my spidermite problem. These P mites are oppit! Running all over the show, chasing down the spidermites, and yes, i watched those little fuckers flee for their lives... Sooooo satisfying. Could almost hear the little mite screams 🤣😂

IMG_6278.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 4/13/2021 at 10:52 AM, CG420za said:

DON'T EVER TRY TO START SEEDS IN TEA BAGS!

I've heard of smoking tea bags but not this! 😆

3 minutes ago, CG420za said:

Could almost hear the little mite screams

Glad you found a solution my man. Did you just foliar spray with the product above?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ill_Evan said:

I've heard of smoking tea bags but not this! 😆

Believe it or not bru, i found the advice on an organic gardening site.

3 minutes ago, Ill_Evan said:

Glad you found a solution my man. Did you just foliar spray with the product above?

The bottle contains 25000 mites housed in vermiculite, so i sprinkled a little in the pot and held the mouth of the bottle on the leaves that are most affected. Just did the mom's this morning before work. I'll do the tent tonight.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, CG420za said:

The bottle contains 25000 mites housed in vermiculite, so i sprinkled a little in the pot and held the mouth of the bottle on the leaves that are most affected. Just did the mom's this morning before work. I'll do the tent tonight.

That is so interesting! I had no idea we could get that here.

I see there is another option too https://livingseeds.co.za/IMP-Goggas?product_id=1312 video explanation there too (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUVfKIqGwIA). I'm going to try that if I have spider mites again.
I think this is the one you are using FWIW (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahLNbQuqebU)

Edited by highchome
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, highchome said:

That is so interesting! I had no idea we could get that here.

I see there is another option too https://livingseeds.co.za/IMP-Goggas?product_id=1312 video explanation there too (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUVfKIqGwIA). I'm going to try that if I have spider mites again.
I think this is the one you are using FWIW (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahLNbQuqebU)

I have a contact i can give you if you're in cape town

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, CG420za said:

I have a contact i can give you if you're in cape town

I am in Cape Town, I'd appreciate that. thanks :) 

I've used Biogrow's Neudosan before and that was pretty effective. But I really like this option as it means I could treat during flowering if it was required.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, The_StonedTrooper said:

Plus 1 and bump on the information please for the rest of the growmies?

Also what strains are you growing there brother, if I missed it, and what are planning next in line?

Awe bru, I'll drop her number in your inbox.

Currently I've got Mandarin Cookies R1V2, Zkittles Cheese, Lemon OG and 9lbs hammer as seen in the pics. This run should finish up before end May. Then I was gifted a few clones from @SkunkPharmthat i wanna mess with.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Morning all. Small update on the tent. As you can see, the spider mite got to a few of my branches... Nothing i could do about it.

My question to the masses. Harvest is coming up in a week maybe, the mites that remain, what will happen to them once the trees are chopped? Will they stay and feast or fall off and die as the plant is drying?

IMG_7396.JPG

IMG_7403.JPG

IMG_7043.JPG

IMG_7198.JPG

IMG_7409.JPG

IMG_7407.JPG

• Like 3

Depends how infested all is just before harvest. You might want to bud wash... smoking dead bugs will not enhance the flavors 😄

I would have to read up.. but i think peroxide, then lemon juice and last fresh water. Should clean em off. You might want to quick read up, if i remembered correctly 🤔

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, The_StonedTrooper said:

Plants are looking extremely good brother man!!!

From what I understand, they climb to the top and die and I assume fall off and away.

You could bud wash, but not sure it help with the mites.

Thanks homes!

I reckon I'll just wash the affected branches.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Prom said:

Depends how infested all is just before harvest. You might want to bud wash... smoking dead bugs will not enhance the flavors 😄

I would have to read up.. but i think peroxide, then lemon juice and last fresh water. Should clean em off. You might want to quick read up, if i remembered correctly 🤔

I'd say about 30% is affected buy the mites hey. It's just a couple o branches that got close to each other. But I just realized i may have to do a cmplete wash, predatory mites are everywhere

Just check how infested they are... a lonely mite crawling over a bud, no need to wash. 😁  

First i would look to get cooler and more wind on the plants. Spider mites hate wind. Then wash off as many as you can with a sprayer. Use 9 parts water and 1 part alcohol.  Sprinkle your top soil with diatomaceous earth. Shouldnt harm your plants or leave any taste on your buds.. but the spider mites will hate it... repeat till clean. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

from what i understand about how the mites eat and behave, and is also the reason we hate them... they eat the sap that the plant oozes out when its alive.

24 hours after the chop and i doubt much if any sap is still oozing out...and the mites notice and decide to rather leave this host in hopes of finding a fresher host... so live mites will leave... but eggs and feces remain, so a good close trim and a budwash are in order for the 30% at least

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Prom said:

Just check how infested they are... a lonely mite crawling over a bud, no need to wash. 😁  

First i would look to get cooler and more wind on the plants. Spider mites hate wind. Then wash off as many as you can with a sprayer. Use 9 parts water and 1 part alcohol.  Sprinkle your top soil with diatomaceous earth. Shouldnt harm your plants or leave any taste on your buds.. but the spider mites will hate it... repeat till clean. 

Awe Prom, i do the 9/1 with vegging plants, i did that with my clones that had mites and it worked fantastically, not sure i'd wanna do it with the flowering girls. Alcohol/iso desolves trichomes.