a Different Kinda Indoor Growing 🍄

Naughty.Psychonaut

34 minutes ago, Bos said:

Happy to find this thread.🍄😁

Eishh, so I'm not the only one with "dialing in" struggles haha....🙃 (I still have a ways to go.)

@Weskush congrats on that cake, hope you get some lekker fruits.

Going to do 2nd round pf-tek with brf today, have a few LC syringes(Pesa and wavycap from sporeemporium) with some leftovers from the 1st round(10days no visible myc) suspect enviromental conditions were fluctuating too much as I tried to dial it in. At least no visible contam so believe my sterile technique is good. 

Now managing stable temps 20-22 and 95%rh as I'm using the garage, not sure if airflow FAE will be adaquate but can adjust if neccesary. Still reading a lot regarding this new endeavour, would like to get some sporeprints, then go mono tub route. Found lots of updated info on 'shroomery' wrt pf tek, agar, monos, substrates etc. 

Set the bar high it seems....Want to eventually be able to grow the cubensis and woodloving shrooms indoors.

Lekker man! Such a fascinating specimen hey.

I also looked at spore prints and spore swabs to agar then bulk substrate for the next try. Either mono tub or dub tub tek. Lekker times!

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Weskush said:

I also looked at spore prints and spore swabs to agar then bulk substrate for the next try. Either mono tub or dub tub tek. Lekker times!

Yeah, monos and dubtubs seem the way to go eventually yieldwise, but they have their risks too. 

Fungii are awesome, but growing them has a lekker steep learning curve....😅

Cheers

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

22 hours ago, Weskush said:

Spores are legit when you wana spawn straight to substrate like with PFtek, but in the case of going for monotubs and bins you can clean up LC on agar too, no need to get spores for that. So the same syringe you get for the PF tek, you take that and drop one drop on a plate of agar. will have different colonies pop up, you wait for the strongest one and transfer to new agar dish. repeat this process till you have even growth that indicates something close to monoculture where there's little competition to thrive, they're your strongest and most prolific. take that agar, put it on bulk grains, use the bulk grains to spawn to bulk substrate and there you go. monotubs for daaaaaaayyys. 

you can also take the grain master culture and put it onto more grains, doubling, trippling even quadrupling your culture. 

also when you have a clean agar plate, it's easy to make 10 good agar plates from that one ans say you end up with another 5 master cultures you can go ahead and transfer 10 of each of those and you'll have between 40 and 50 plates of master culture. 

from there you just go crazy and dump psilocybe mycelium all over the place and wait for the magic to follow you 🍄🍄🍄

🤠

• Like 1
  • Fire! 1

24 minutes ago, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

Spores are legit when you wana spawn straight to substrate like with PFtek, but in the case of going for monotubs and bins you can clean up LC on agar too, no need to get spores for that. So the same syringe you get for the PF tek, you take that and drop one drop on a plate of agar. will have different colonies pop up, you wait for the strongest one and transfer to new agar dish. repeat this process till you have even growth that indicates something close to monoculture where there's little competition to thrive, they're your strongest and most prolific. take that agar, put it on bulk grains, use the bulk grains to spawn to bulk substrate and there you go. monotubs for daaaaaaayyys. 

you can also take the grain master culture and put it onto more grains, doubling, trippling even quadrupling your culture. 

also when you have a clean agar plate, it's easy to make 10 good agar plates from that one ans say you end up with another 5 master cultures you can go ahead and transfer 10 of each of those and you'll have between 40 and 50 plates of master culture. 

from there you just go crazy and dump psilocybe mycelium all over the place and wait for the magic to follow you 🍄🍄🍄

🤠

Shot for that bro! So many possibilities! Like pheno hunting. Don't want to plug other vendors on here but i came across www.mushroomnetwork.co.za and they sell spore prints and swabs with agar plates etc. Do you have any experience with them?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Weskush said:

Shot for that bro! So many possibilities! Like pheno hunting. Don't want to plug other vendors on here but i came across www.mushroomnetwork.co.za and they sell spore prints and swabs with agar plates etc. Do you have any experience with them?

Nah have not dealt with them at all, just remember the LC needs to be called spores so they get by the legal stuff, but if it's spore swab or print it's more often times than not the legit shit. 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

We have lift off after 22 days. Cool winter temps slowing things down a bit. Added a 25w reptile heating pad to even out the day/night fluctuations-from 14-21 to 22-25. Thought cannabis required patience, but these shroompies even more so...😁

20220710_083741.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

till I figure my path to setting up commercial cannabis facility this will be my little play area! 🤙

I have been frequenting the Cheeba cannabis college in Rivonia this last little while and from what I can see with regards to setting up a commercial cannabis facility, a nice target number to work with is about R50mil all inclusive from start to finish. 

Yikes. 

My father did accounting for a mushroom farm I think in the KZN area and they coin it big. You might not be disappointed keeping on the mushroom trail until you hit that R50mil.  

• Like 1

On 7/18/2022 at 11:49 AM, Ill_Evan said:

I have been frequenting the Cheeba cannabis college in Rivonia this last little while and from what I can see with regards to setting up a commercial cannabis facility, a nice target number to work with is about R50mil all inclusive from start to finish. 

Yikes. 

My father did accounting for a mushroom farm I think in the KZN area and they coin it big. You might not be disappointed keeping on the mushroom trail until you hit that R50mil.  

I would love to call it all mine, but the reality of that is quite slim. For now owning the title is the big win. In future I would remain the biggest share holder, but to expand to the point of having a couple mil in flow is gona take me alone reeeeeaally long, but luckily there are quite a few different ways to approach this thing.

If you talk to the right people and create the right kinda background for yourself and you bring the most important slice of the pie to the table (the knowledge and the numbers) then you already got your foot in the door. This "green rush" is the next big thing and I couldn't count how many big time Agriculture names wana jump on this train. 

by the time we hear about another BIG legal grow setup it's been months and months, perhaps even a year or more of research and paperwork was done in complete silence. these guys with the deep pockets don't like to make noise. 

I've had a few in depth discussions with the guy I started the Protea farm for in Hermanus, he started the farm as a retirement gift to himself. Literally bought a part of a mountain right at the top, got bulldozers and rippers dropped off up there, we ripped about 9hectares of his 100+ hectares he bought. Filled it all up with King Proteas for export to Holland. He got some rreeeeeaall deep pockets and it's about to get even deeper. He's all positive when talking cannabis lisences and what not. I keep the fire alive by talking to him about it every now and then, cause that's not what he's interested in. But let me tell you what he is interested in, money 🤩 him and all the others just like him... and there are sooooo many in this beautiful farm country we live in.

Afriplex themselves are very interested in cannabis medicine, they already doing some CBD stuff.

Got a few conversations going at the same time, one very valuable life lesson I learned through growing - plant more than one seed 🤠

• Like 1
  • Fire! 2

• 9 months later...
On 7/18/2022 at 8:38 AM, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

hell yeah 🍄 not enough gourmet mushrooms on the local shelves, thought I'd do something about that!!! 😁 

Hows this going! 

Locally in KZN theres virtually no mushrooms on the shelves anymore. 

Also read an article tuning Dennys or someone closed down so our mushroom producers seem to be struggling? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iGrowDagga said:

Hows this going! 

Also read an article tuning Dennys or someone closed down so our mushroom producers seem to be struggling? 

I believe they are struggling due to the loadshedding. 

Not sure whether Dennys has closed down or if production has just been reduced?

Bit of a concern, very limited supply of mushrooms and then what's going to be in low supply next? 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, iGrowDagga said:

Hows this going! 

Hey bud yeah it's the loadshedding that's a problem. As with all big businesses they gotta look at generators and with the main push behind mushroom production being to reduce carbon footprint it's kinda counter intuitive to run off generators. 

Also the bigger scale productions all focus on Agaricus species, such as the portebellos and portebelinni's - they're all mycorrhizal fungi, the cultivation setup to grow those are muuuuuch much different than the cultivation setup I need to grow the Pleurotus species that I am growing such as the Oysters. I use waaaaay less electricity and have not run into issues yet. 

This is true to that old saying, "the bigger they are the harder they fall", like with those big setups an hour or two of loadshedding hit them quite hard and running that off alternative power will hit just as hard. My small scale production I can still get away and manage with the loadshedding. 

• Fire! 1