Outdoor organic autoflower balcony grow #1

Gnarls

Hey all

Finally got my beans in the ground. My goals are are potency, flavour and yield and my setup is as follows:

• Outdoor on my balcony
  • Strains - all Dutch Passion and bought from Trophy Seeds.
    • 2 x Auto Blueberry
    • 1 x Auto Orange
    • 1 x Auto Daquiri Lime
  • Medium: Freedom Farms Premier Organic Mix - the green bag
  • Pots - 7 gallon Grow Guru fabric pots
  • Nutes: Full Biobizz Line

All seeds were germinated using the cotton pad method. One of the Blueberries took some time to show a root and it's currently in it's pot. I'm still waiting for it to break soil. I'm just misting with water and I've added about 2,5 ml of coconut water to the mix. 

Day One - 27 September 2020

Cheers

WhatsApp Image 2020-09-27 at 15.16.55.jpeg

• Like 5

Sunday was one week for the trio. Fed one litre water with 1ml each of Root Juice, Acti Vera and Bio Heaven and Kelpack to each plant. Will water one litre water with 15ml coconut water to each this evening. Here's this morning's group shot.

e6fd52adc7c2d3e13d7c6444b0debcf6.jpg

And individual shots.

399b36d285110d88ea33fd8557671b65.jpg

Blueberry #2 - The laggard

0ca604e6e4af9eaeeceb3fd4cb24243a.jpg

Dashiki - My Daiquiri Lime Queen

7bf5aaf40bcbd8f500c406ac058a367b.jpg

And finally, Agent Orange, my auto Orange baby!

c8e824cfa8d81e72ffe5667f09153ae3.jpg

Feedback much appreciated.

Edited by Gnarls
  • Like 4

Two weeks since they sprouted today. Will feed the same regimen tonight but I’m bumping the Kelpak to 2ml/liter. Will only add fish mix week three. Also sprayed Pyrol on the tomatoes and then lightly on the plants last night. Feedback please?

The Sativa sisters

083accb15a7e445c1d2f2a41fd71c43e.jpg

And the Blueberries. Blueberry #2 is slightly behind.

d732dda21d69b7776b150d494bc6f863.jpg

My tomatoes, the OG testing plant.

2b43a47fc580039c9010f63c1761b41c.jpg

Thanks for reading. Jah bless!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What's up man,

Some nice strains you got going there, really keen to see how they turn out.

I really hate to be that guy and I mean no disrespect or anything but to me your plants look like they having a bit of a tough time getting going.

I personally find autos a bit tricky and usually stay away from them (I'd even rather do a fem 12/12 from seed lol), however recently I scored some autos on the cheap so decided to try my luck at autos again.

I realized with my previous autos I wanted to give them the world and always fussed over them and made sure to get them every nutrient I could afford, this was my downfall as I now realize with autos, less is more.

So for this run I am using the KISS method(Keep It Simple Stupid) and I can honestly say I might have a good harvest from these autos, still early to tell but this round my autos are still alive after 27 days and still looks green lol so that's a good sign.

I started them in coco plugs and then into 10L pots with FF Premium soil after they sprouted. The first week or so I only fed them EM Pro Microbes and let them feed off the soil, around the 2nd week I started with a very light dose of Pot Radix to boost the root growth and now I will start with Pot Grow. I think I noticed some preflowers on them this morning so will continue with Pot Grow for another week and then switch to the Pot Flora.

My advise to you would be to hold back on the nutes and the coconut water for a few watering's and water with PH balanced water or if you have microbes you can add that. I'm just concerned that if you 41 days into your grow your plants might not have time to recover and get as big as they could.

You can take a look at my grow here if you like:

https://www.420sa.co.za/topic/4364-unknown-auto-run-groen-seeds/

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, Q9550 said:

What's up man,

I really hate to be that guy and I mean no disrespect or anything but to me your plants look like they having a bit of a tough time getting going.

I personally find autos a bit tricky and usually stay away from them (I'd even rather do a fem 12/12 from seed lol), however recently I scored some autos on the cheap so decided to try my luck at autos again.

I realized with my previous autos I wanted to give them the world and always fussed over them and made sure to get them every nutrient I could afford, this was my downfall as I now realize with autos, less is more.

So for this run I am using the KISS method(Keep It Simple Stupid) and I can honestly say I might have a good harvest from these autos, still early to tell but this round my autos are still alive after 27 days and still looks green lol so that's a good sign.

I started them in coco plugs and then into 10L pots with FF Premium soil after they sprouted. The first week or so I only fed them EM Pro Microbes and let them feed off the soil, around the 2nd week I started with a very light dose of Pot Radix to boost the root growth and now I will start with Pot Grow. I think I noticed some preflowers on them this morning so will continue with Pot Grow for another week and then switch to the Pot Flora.

My advise to you would be to hold back on the nutes and the coconut water for a few watering's and water with PH balanced water or if you have microbes you can add that. I'm just concerned that if you 41 days into your grow your plants might not have time to recover and get as big as they could.

No offense taken at all mate. This is a learning experience after all. My only comment to you after looking at your diary is that you vegged under 18/6 light. Mine have been totally outdoor which means less sunlight per day which would explain the slow growth. I'm actually seeing quite a burst of growth. Seems they've reached some sort of critical mass and are really shooting out now. 

I will monitor though and keep the thread updated. 

What's up man,

I think you may be right mate. This might be a light case of nute burn. Think I need to take into consideration that this Freedom Farms classic soil is also 'hot.'

Will only water for now. Thank you!

344b26af7cccb5fff0550c49266d379b.jpg

4 hours ago, Gnarls said:

I think you may be right mate. This might be a light case of nute burn. Think I need to take into consideration that this Freedom Farms classic soil is also 'hot.'

Will only water for now. Thank you!

344b26af7cccb5fff0550c49266d379b.jpg

Hey man. 

Yeah the FF soil comes pre charged and can keep the plants going for a while before needing to feed any nutrients. I like to feed only microbes for the first few weeks then start with very light feeding. I only up the feeling if I notice the plants need it. I'm no expert but its working for me lol

Feed with water for a bit and see what happens from there. Just keep growing man that's all that matters. Took me a couple tries to finally come right with autos, I'm even speaking too soon, I didn't make it to harvest yet lol

Edited by Q9550

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry about the long delay in posting. Here are the girls, they've gone into flower.

Blueberry

358eefe0c579201b06d7e1dca175a075.jpg

Blueberry 2

7e58ec9736183bad76dedcc1588ac725.jpg

Auto Orange

464f82fd7c25567e504aa834d774c03c.jpg

Daiquiri Lime

cf4cb7f4ba6e8f4be5c11bb596bced9b.jpg

I might have been too light on the nutes though. Ay, so much learning though. Anyways, I saw an aphid today. I'm pretty anal about pest control so I'm a bit bummed. I have organic pyrol and neem oil. Safe to use now?

Thanks all

• Like 2