Humidity problems

Gee88

Hi , I having high humidity problems in my 2x4 tent During flowering . I have my extraction fan on 24hours but it doesn’t seem to help. During lights off humidity is over 70%. I have defoliated a bit but it never really made much of a difference. Is a dehumidifier my only option and what one can I use in such a small tent? Thanks for any advice.

If you run into issues on dark times, you do not vent enough your tent.. and the temp drop releases moisture. Your tent gets the climat from your room... handle your room so your tent is fine. Look that the air inside the tent is exchanged 5 to 6 times a minute.. still needs fans inside the tent to blow the plants directly. You can easy place the dehumidifier in your room, will reduce humidity inside your tent.. but i think you just need more venting of your tent.

10 hours ago, Gee88 said:

Thanks, I think the room humidity is just too high and I need to drop that .

Well, it's not terribly high per say.

Check the humidity outside and compare to what it is inside the room and then you'll have an idea as to whether the room is keeping humidity in or whether its more or less the same as the outside ambient humidity.

The difference in humidity between your room and inside the tent is more of the problem I reckon. I doubt the room is that far off from outside, unless there is no ventilation inside the room, but chances are it would then increase quite a bit too after a few days.

I’ve put the sonoff sensor outside the tent and it records the room humidity at 60%. Outside humidity is 17%. I borrowed a dehumidifier to see if that would solve the problem before I spent the money and it doesn’t even come on. Says the humidity is 43%. Now I need to get a different humidity sensor to see if the sonoff or dehumidifier is wrong.

20 minutes ago, Gee88 said:

I’ve put the sonoff sensor outside the tent and it records the room humidity at 60%. Outside humidity is 17%. I borrowed a dehumidifier to see if that would solve the problem before I spent the money and it doesn’t even come on. Says the humidity is 43%. Now I need to get a different humidity sensor to see if the sonoff or dehumidifier is wrong.

My bet would be the dehumidifier. Those devices including humidifiers have terrible sensors. I would set them and cross reference using another humidity sensor like the Sonoff and just adjust the de/humidifier until I got the humidity I wanted. 

• Like 1