skullpill

RAW and Greengo Humidity Stone

Hey peeps, so I was busy hunting high and low for the best deal on Boveda and other humidity control options as I am getting close to harvest and curing on my current grow. Along the way I stumbled upon a product called Greengo Clay Humidity Stone. I did some research and found some amazing information online and I also discovered a similar product that is marketed by RAW.

This looks like it could be a long term solution if they work well and could mean that one would never have to purchase another Boveda. Tell me what your thoughts and experiences are. Once mine have arrived I will test and let you guys know what happens. Just wanted to share the knowledge and hopefuly we improve on sustainable practices within our area of joy.

Best wishes to all.

Greengo.jpg

RAW HS.jpg

• Thanks 1

Nice find man! Please do keep us posted on how they work. 

Hell... I'm even going to to do alil research on them to see what's up because I can't imagine a piece of clay costing 3 arms and a couple of toes! 

I have found the Greengo marketed in the region of R20 per stone. I ordered mine from the following site (They are SA based) - https://thespliffking.com/

Price is very good I saw the RAW brand on Ebay or Amazon in the region of $6

From what I can see, this would be great in a cigar box with a humidity meter so that you know how humid your stash is. I would also use it to reinvigorate bought weed that is way too dry. I wouldn't use these for curing, it doesn't seem precise enough for that. 

• Agree 2

I also would use them in conjunction with a hydrometer... But ay... I do that with bovidas too haha

I'm trying to find info about it absorbing moisture... But I can't find anything. 

Seems it wants to get gry again and it's value is more in a slow release of moisture. 

So ideally for daily stash usage... Or a quick fix for dry weed... 

Might even make your guys daily cigarettes taste better too if you kept a ciggie container 

• Agree 2

I think it would benefit tobacco more than cannabis. When I smoked rollies my bag tobacco would dry out within a couple of days after opening. 

Half my life I've been smoking dry weed because I didn't know any better 🤣

• Like 1

Thanks for the response and feedback @Ill_Evan abd @CreX so I'm guessing I'm still going to Boveda then? The video @CreX sent me also seems to be about rejuvenating old weed and keeping what I presume is already cured herb fresh for long periods of time 

• Like 1

It is just terracotta pressed into a pretty shape... 

Im sure you could also DIY this with a few pieces of a broken terracotta pot 

Or I saw some powder you can mix to make your own terracotta humidity stones into custom shapes... That soinds cool too

A few leca pellets will do the same. Can add or remove marbles as necessary

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Totemic said:

A few leca pellets will do the same. Can add or remove marbles as necessary

@TotemicI was thinking about leca for this purpose... 

But I'm not sure it would have the same effect being much much more porous than terracotta. 

It also floats so getting it thoroughly wet might take some getting used to. And the shake off of excess water will need to be done very well as the large porous bubbles could hold water in one direction, but the water will drip out in another direction... 

Leca is also very soft... Fairly easy to crush a ball between your thumb and index. 

So even though it is made of a similar clay substance... I don't think it would accomplish the rehydrate they way you want it to

• Agree 2