My grow.

KLS

Hey guys. I’m growing a little frustrated here and I need help. Today is Day 4 of my seedlings lives and things are slooooowww. I don’t know if I’m headed towards a good start. I haven’t been able to diagnose whether it’s a temp thing, humidity thing or lighting issue. I’m using a 300W CFL bulb in an 80x80x160m tent and my temp alternates between 20- 25 - humidity is between 50-70% RH and I mist my plants twice a day. help?8b944e28f83443c2421610d0e8ac624f.jpg

99fc2deace1f5ab5eb1ccd40c320e300.jpg

a57544f6bdb0960dbe97d560ea122fb3.jpg

d54bba93b32a24b29bd08d095a695707.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, KLS said:

Hey guys. I’m growing a little frustrated here and I need helpemoji28.png. Today is Day 4 of my seedlings lives and things are slooooowww. I don’t know if I’m headed towards a good start. I haven’t been able to diagnose whether it’s a temp thing, humidity thing or lighting issue. I’m using a 300W CFL bulb in an 80x80x160m tent and my temp alternates between 20- 25 - humidity is between 50-70% RH and I mist my plants twice a day. help?

What's up man! 

Sounds like it's time for you to roll up and light up man!! 

Take it easy on the Lil ladies... They are so fresh and new to this world, they look good for being a few days old hehe. 

The Temps are fine and RH is also fine. 

This hobby is 90% patience 5% knowledge 3%skill and 2% for more patience, coz you gonna need it😜

• Agree 2
  • Haha 1

Update:

My babies are sitting pretty

137c427b39efead03b2427665ee036d9.jpg

Looking good bro... But it also looks like your medium needs better drainage.

If you're planning to transplant, I would buy some Perlite and mix it in a 50/50 or 40/60 of perlite/medium... It will help aerate your medium to increase oxygen in the root zone and also help with drainage by creating air pockets, also helping the roots to develop by seeking out oxygen rich spots.

I feel that a medium with majority coco packed down can be quite dense.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys how would I diagnose this? Also I think I need to retransplant this because it’s sitting very low in the pot and the growing medium needs to be altered.

f147a532b706f9bdaf4738e485aaf7d6.jpg

6985f9d93ec7c203ba1f3b3d6bd6c9e2.jpg

4153bbd9d09e1b0846357c08afb8ce6d.jpg

I'd guess discolouration, droopiness, stunted growth and/or bad vibes. 

Yeah this is pretty much it really@StickyD420 Discolouration to notice deficiencies or lockouts to narrow down any causes if there are. Also to correct them before it gets severe...

Deficiencies that show on the leaves usually exist in the plant a good while before you can see it.

Leaf health - drooping and wrinkles - helps judge soil conditions a bit and overall health of the plant.

I've transplanted trees before just after lights on, and they carried on with their day as if nothing happened, so I feel it would be quite noticeable if the transplant had any ill effects.

• Like 1

Perfect, I have experienced before the transplanting and have the carry on as nothing happens.

I was intrigued by the the fact that you might know why the leaves wouldn't stand up the day after transplanting them, as I have had that once before in the start of this, but not again.

Always wondered what that might have been causing it not to praise the light or lift awake.

Had thought unhappy roots.

Edited by StickyD420
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Ill_Evan said:

I'd guess discolouration, droopiness, stunted growth and/or bad vibes. 

Excuse my bad way of asking a question🙈

What I meant to actually ask is,

When you see drooping leaves, as that is what I understood he wanted to check the plants for, and then what his or anyone's take would be on the drooping?

Not even specifically after transplanting but in general, and ask because I have 2 plants right now doing that, one pictured below, but are bag seed and could be bad genetics and such, and they got the same soil, same watering, and same care given.

From start of flower only, 

Also learned from the comments on another thread this weekend, that if you have a hermie, those seeds will most likely do it too, something I never knew and explains so much now🙈

20200708_100907-01-01.jpeg

• Like 1

Perfect, I have experienced before the transplanting and have the carry on as nothing happens.
I was intrigued by the the fact that you might know why the leaves wouldn't stand up the day after transplanting them, as I have had that once before in the start of this, but not again.
Always wondered what that might have been causing it not to praise the light or lift awake.

To my understanding and from what I've experienced, droopy leaves can mean 3 things (although it's not limited to these factors only as humidity and incorrect VPD can also cause it amongst other things).

So the 3 main things are;
Overwatering
Dehydration
Incorrect root zone pH

If leaves are drooping when the plant isn't dehydrated, it may mean your light is too close.
If the water or light isn't an issue, then pH is a likely culprit - pH problems usually exhibit wrinkly leaves and a variety of Discolouration.

Sometimes different strains are just sensitive.

The standing up or "praying" leaves usually means your light is just around the right distance...

If it's too severe and the leaves look to be reaching up too much, the light may be too far up.

If the leaves look to be drooping a bit but the tree is in good health, it may be trying to get away from such intense lighting (cannabis becomes CO2 limited after a certain point, I think above 1200umol of PAR)

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

The leaves drooping or standing up can be used as a way to see at what distance of hanging the light does your tree get around its optimal respiration rate at.

• Like 2

Shot brother, 

This round sucks, for the first time out of 50 seeds, I hit 4 males out of 6 gsc, plus 3 others had been male, and the ones I didnt have space for put outside to flower, and because of the males, brought the others back inside after I saw the males, silly of me and I know.

These are of the outside plants, and they just never got happy, and have pH meter and water them a day or so after others, but bag seed and just not happy with change of worlds back and forth I suppose. 

• Like 1

Shot brother, 
This round sucks, for the first time out of 50 seeds, I hit 4 males out of 6 gsc, plus 3 others had been male, and the ones I didnt have space for put outside to flower, and because of the males, brought the others back inside after I saw the males, silly of me and I know.
These are of the outside plants, and they just never got happy, and have pH meter and water them a day or so after others, but bag seed and just not happy with change of worlds back and forth I suppose. 

Yasis... Sorry brother include the pics though. Lol
Environmental stresses play a big role, but sometimes it just happens bro.

I had 2 trees in my tent, both by Ethos Genetics, both feminized.
The Inzane in the Membrane grew really well, and so did the Black Fire - up until flower.

Both trees were treated exactly the same, like the exact f*n same bruh, and the Black Fire showed a shit ton of deficiency, toxicity and pH problems out of nowhere (yes, all 3 ).
When I finally managed to get the tree responding again, motherf*r hermied on me.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1