Fastbuds autoflowers original cheese soil test.

SkunkPharm

So on the 16th of April or there about i decided it was time for a soil test and give the autoflowers a go again. So I got a bag of freedom farms soil to see what will happen if I put it up against my mix. 

3 x 20l pots one pot freedom farms one pot my mix and one pot a 50/50 mix of soil. 

Seeds Fastbuds original cheese.

Now what you must understand is that no seed will ever grow the same. So each pheno is differrent. And my sample size is to small to make any conclusions. And my test was further skewed by the fact that I dropped the light on the seedling in the freedom farms pot. 

Here is my observations.

First pic Freedom farms then the mix then my soil.

20200501_074739_HDR.jpg

20200501_074755.jpg

20200501_074811.jpg

• Like 1

So what do you guys think?

My conclusion thus far is that nutrient dense soil will make your plants grow faster but this is an ongoing test and we will see what happens at harvest time.

This is the first time I am using freedom farms soil and I am super impressed.

Edited by SkunkPharm
  • Like 5

I like how all your plants look man... I think all three pots came out great and it could just be that like you said in the beginning, it could just be down to pheno. 

Nice test though and thank you for sharing!! 

• Like 1

So I do not feel using autos is a great way to test out soil, I would rather use clones from the same plant.

Auto's can be iffy, you can get some which will flower sooner than others and that can affect their end size and the yield etc.

So they can be quite inconsistent, would make it hard to judge which soil may be better.

Looking good though, I assume no training? They just need to fatten up now!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CreX said:

I like how all your plants look man... I think all three pots came out great and it could just be that like you said in the beginning, it could just be down to pheno. 

Nice test though and thank you for sharing!! 

Thank you. Ja could just be the phenos.

10 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

So I do not feel using autos is a great way to test out soil, I would rather use clones from the same plant.

Auto's can be iffy, you can get some which will flower sooner than others and that can affect their end size and the yield etc.

So they can be quite inconsistent, would make it hard to judge which soil may be better.

Looking good though, I assume no training? They just need to fatten up now!

I agree with you clones would probably have been a better test. I might do it on the next run. But clones also have variations. So the test will be hard with small sample sizes. I think if you do at least 10 pots of each soil you might be able to start drawing conclusions. Then you can eliminate the outliers and draw a good median. Oneday when I have lots of space.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...