2nd run

SAgrower

Yea... Time is very very short... I don't think peeps can finish an outdoor grow if they flip now. 

Will likely try reveg if left too long. 

Spring is 1st of spring, but tons of shit is growing before then already. 

If you guys plan on using the sun much longer, you must be diligent with bringing them in at night to sleep for as close to 12 hours as possible... I'd even say you can go up to 14 hours of darkness for the last 2or3 weeks of flower

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

You must start flowering. Time is becoming short to still complete the flowering cycle before spring.
Yea... Time is very very short... I don't think peeps can finish an outdoor grow if they flip now. 
Will likely try reveg if left too long. 
Spring is 1st of spring, but tons of shit is growing before then already. 
If you guys plan on using the sun much longer, you must be diligent with bringing them in at night to sleep for as close to 12 hours as possible... I'd even say you can go up to 14 hours of darkness for the last 2or3 weeks of flower
Yes, started on Saturday with the flip. There will be a couple of days between pulling out the current plants and planting the new plants into the same soil.

What do I need to do with the soil if I want to use it again@SkunkPharm ?

Also, I plan on running grows like this from now onwards instead of having huge plants at the end of the grow. If I grow 4 / 3 plants at a time it will give a nice variety.

I wanted to veg a bit shorter but yeah, life happened but its ok.

My plants get exactly 12 hours sleep a night but will definitely let them go longer later in the flower cycle.

With my first grow I noticed that the sun and wind really did a number on the plants and those are things I want to avoid going further, but not yet fully indoor grow.

Thanks for all of the suggestions thus far.
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Time for another update.
Plants were flipped on 25 July.

I dont think I will go back to normal commercial soil, the soil from@SkunkPharm is working beautifully and I really like the fact that I just give them rain water. I gave them some malted barley the other day but prefer this method to having to measure nutrients each day etc.

I have very limited experience with growing cannabis but Im very happy with the way they look now.

ce14769552e42ef564432b2398c59ef8.jpga089ae064d8d7446a777598934a9c99c.jpg9a534182345933c461d0a3c719f3fbde.jpg4599ffcdfe0c2684f798b790e2ed305a.jpg

• Like 2

Level 2 is only next week

Hahaha!

So I took some more pictures this morning, excuse the quality. I suspect this one might be a hermie.

Do I leave it as is or do I remove the sacks? Theres not even 10 of them or is this now the state the plant will stay in?

Am I correct in assuming that a hermie can also pollinate my other plants?

8923cd3cd49c4b3676e423cd4ce2fa1d.jpgce2c29406bcaaa978188a1e97fe52e02.jpg0cee23e3741e5d97ebbe0ddf2c2596eb.jpg94000d5b4e9a0fbfa9e05b0560c60265.jpg0555daaf6129bdc809517bca3236cf82.jpg81f058472d474402738f87be1f8c078e.jpg

• Like 1

Yes, you're right. Once one of these sacs opens the surounding plants will be pollinated and you'll end up with seeds in your bud.

If I were in your shoes I would chop it asap. There are also people that take the sacs off, but I would play it save.

Sorry man wish there would be another way. How many plants do you have in there again?

• Agree 1

Yes, you're right. Once one of these sacs opens the surounding plants will be pollinated and you'll end up with seeds in your bud.
If I were in your shoes I would chop it asap. There are also people that take the sacs off, but I would play it save.
Sorry man wish there would be another way. How many plants do you have in there again?
Thanks for the help, appreciate it. I have 3 plants currently, next run will be 4/5 as this was just a sort of experimental grow.

Perhaps I should try to remove them somewhere else and see how it goes, just to gain a bit of knowledge.

Thanks again
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, SAgrower said:

Thanks for the help, appreciate it. I have 3 plants currently, next run will be 4/5 as this was just a sort of experimental grow.

Perhaps I should try to remove them somewhere else and see how it goes, just to gain a bit of knowledge.

Thanks again

Yeah bro. If u have some space available outside. Just pop him/her in the sun outside and let it finish there instead of chopping it down. Just to see the outcome.

Main thing is to remove the  plant from the rest of your grow. 

• Like 1

Unlucky man, especially from a feminised seed. Where did you buy it from? 

Anything that could have stressed her? 
Not sure if its perhaps the cold or if it could be the new plugs installed in the garage. The plug has that glow in the dark strip on the switch but not sure if that could be enough to cause it to hermie.

Oh well, all part of the learning process. I have taken the plant inside and busy removing the sacks, not even 7 of them so will see what happens now.

9 minutes ago, SAgrower said:

Not sure if its perhaps the cold or if it could be the new plugs installed in the garage. The plug has that glow in the dark strip on the switch but not sure if that could be enough to cause it to hermie.

Oh well, all part of the learning process. I have taken the plant inside and busy removing the sacks, not even 7 of them so will see what happens now.

Interestingly enough i recently watched a podcast on this subject, small LED's / indicator lights. And apparently it will in fact disrupt the dark cycle most of the time (showing your friend with a flash in the dark does the same thing). Some people say Green LEDs / indicators are fine. I would not risk it. 

• Like 2

I have wifi light (blue and red) and dehumidifier light green in m tent. Have not had any issues. I think it is the stress from the sun to the led light that is the issue. And also cold to hot inside to outside. That causes this. 
That's my thinking also thanks. Will monitor them a bit more closely now and make a call if it continues, not worth keeping one plant for the sake of just keeping it.
  • Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...