Royal Gorillas 180w Veg / 268 Flower Mars 144

Prom

yeah.. they are a bit slow hehehe I think the light comes into play here. The 8 week blue cheese is on a different speed train 😁 They went pre week 2 and were fully flowering week 4. Biggest even reached 70cm so far.. but is really a long shot of the others with around 45cm, they should get to 65-70 final.. so nice size. Gorillas are 90 now and have super dense buds.. so far so good 😎 The smell is promising

If they taste nice, I get me same again and do it with QBs.. see how that ends. 

photo5823706900548662449.thumb.jpg.8c0866c6f260790ccfd39586a87860d3.jpg Blue Cheese on a mission end week 5

Left is a Bubblelicious and right blueberry kush, they are a bit behind

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Prom said:

yeah.. they are a bit slow hehehe I think the light comes into play here. The 8 week blue cheese is on a different speed train 😁 They went pre week 2 and were fully flowering week 4. Biggest even reached 70cm so far.. but is really a long shot of the others with around 45cm, they should get to 65-70 final.. so nice size. Gorillas are 90 now and have super dense buds.. so far so good 😎 The smell is promising

If they taste nice, I get me same again and do it with QBs.. see how that ends. 

photo5823706900548662449.thumb.jpg.8c0866c6f260790ccfd39586a87860d3.jpg Blue Cheese on a mission end week 5

Left is a Bubblelicious and right blueberry kush, they are a bit behind

Yooooohh. End of week 5 and growing like that.  Stop giving the plants drugs @Prom 😅😅

Sorry.. i have a bad back, squeezed nerve.. so forced bed time. I made the pic yesterday, but not sure when i make it to the desktop pc. 

Happy the plants didnt needed water yesterday.. but today i have to limp over 😂

• Like 1

Back.. wasn't my back.. Gaul stones apparently. Unfriendly experience hehehe I update asap. Three went out and I had them dark for 2 days. Cut them 20 mins ago and they are now hanging. Other 5 are not in the mood to finish yet... 

I get all updated asap.. but first I have to handle some real life shit 😁

Post Office not moving an inch either... is Express only option now??? Why can Courier companies do what Post Office can't? 

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Hospital, surgery.. back home. Sitting.. still not the best thing to do hehehe but I limped to my plants.. friend took good care of them.

I have photos and video still on the cams.. I finish the diary as soon as I can sit more comfy and can work. Last 5 plants went dark end week 12.. as expected. Still.. they took a bit long. Smell is very intense and is a bit like nasty sweat smell.

I try to achieve 14 days dry time... friend told me to try it. Moisture right now.. is a bit like 2 weeks curing on a stick 😁 61% humidity, so why not try a 14 day slow dry. He gave me some WW he slow dried.. very very sexy smoke, i give him that. 

Edited by Prom
Forgot.. Post Office is moving ^^ got one Parcel.. Gelatos I ordered in April \o/
  • Like 7

OK, lets finish the Gorillas. I have a bit of time, my dog had blood in his urine.. he is with the vet, need to distract myself.

The small three I put dark, bit a early harvest

1148619507_Threegodark.thumb.jpg.eb76a956581d6dc9323f86136411f35e.jpg

The last 5 still in the tent

1144536956_big5stillin.thumb.jpg.41a59b1617724aa4f423ff1878ab7194.jpg

And the video of week 11.. isn't as easy to work up when you are behind, I hope I got it all correct

• Like 4

The three harvested plants.. one was very very low.. the corner plant beside the duct didnt really got a lot of light. I also didn't expect them to get that tall.. 6 would have been better for this size tent.. but, was a first time grow.. will do them again. ^^ 

Video week 12, I took em end week 12.. wasn't really 50% but I had a bit enough of the waiting hehehe plant was 8-10 weeks after Royal Queen Seeds.. might have taken 13 to get them 50/50

all 8 hanging, the first three harvested are on the right.. middle of the three is the smallest yielder (25g dry), the other two reached 58g each (i always round down) 141 grams so far

hanging.thumb.jpg.e8f9c572eed9e893a5e9fb6d3835fb51.jpg

Made a pic when I trimmed the leaves of one of the big ones

trimmed.thumb.jpg.7994a01269ce7857ffc17535e6cbfc4f.jpg

Edited by Prom
typo
  • Like 9

Numbers 😁 always nice to have.

Total flower material 397g, close shave dressed buds 302g... full jar for the press on dressing material 👌

Veg light 180 watt, Flower 269 watt Mars 144

Fan 80 watts... i count the 6 inch inliner.. those plants got a lot of air 😂

Light distance measured 250 mmol for germination, 500 veg, 1000 flower

Plant was set as 8 to 10 weeks. I harvested end week 11 3 and end 12 the rest. Not 50/50 yet

Test smoke was smooth and already tasty.. the usual fresh weed aftertaste.

Soil: FF green bag 50% : 50% home made compost / Fertilizers: BioBizz (Root Juice, Fish Mix, Grow, Bloom, TopMax)

Feeding table

Week 1 ( starting timer when seeds hit the water inside the glass) 4ml root juice per liter

Week 2 2ml Fish Mix per liter

Week 3 3ml Fish Mix per liter

Week 4 3ml Fish Mix or Grow in rotation, 2ml Bloom per liter

Week 5 3ml Fish Mix or Grow, 3ml Bloom per liter

Week 6 had yellow tips starting, reduced to 3ml grow, 2ml bloom per liter for one feed, next feed 4ml grow, 3ml bloom, 1ml TopMax (fish is heavy on N, reduced that)

Week 7 4ml fish mix or grow(still rotating both), 4ml bloom, 2ml TopMax

Week 8 4ml fish or grow, 4ml bloom, 3ml top max

Week 9 4ml fish or grow, 4ml bloom, 4ml topmax (i stick to 4/4/4 til flush usually)

Week 10 4ml fish or grow in rotation, 4ml bloom, 4ml topmax

Week 11 4/4/4.. sorry lazy (the three small ones went water, and end week 11 dark, left the tent)

Week 12 flush, pure water as demanded for 5 days, then dark for 2, cut, trimm leaves, hang to dry.

Please do not use this feeding table as a beginner!!!

As the plants were set by the breeder to 8 to 10 weeks, they could be ready in 8 weeks. I used my 8 week feeding table... it really takes no prisoner and at one stage i usually have to adapt to not run into trouble. But i am a bit old school, my brain works after the simple logic, the more i stuff into a turkey, the fatter it gets... 😂 those Gorillas handled the nuts rather well.

The plants get to big for SOG (to much time waste growing), even they form a even canape.. to much waste of the lower plant. Autos dont form bud, if there is no light on the bud. So from the 100cm tall plant, 25cm are a bit of a waste to grow. Solution, more light, less cramped space. Should harvest better. With the 8 plants i didnt even reach 50g average. I expected 75cm plants.. my bad, one reached 120. Rest about same, the mentioned 100cm. First time is always a bit guessing, how big they get. And when the breeder say... 120 to 150 tall... i reached 75cm and still loved my harvest. Not as good as those guys but who cares if you love the result of the smoke. The measured light is a huge difference... i get 30 to 40% taller plants with the right mmol amount for each stage, have to get used to it.

What would i change

6 plants in a 1.2x0.6 next time, to get 2 fans in, even 4 might do. Lower part should get more light and compensate quite a bit. Would LST the branches and cut the lowest 2  double nodes. I see those Royal Gorillas give 100g a plant. As you saw on the leaf structure, very very sativa heavy auto. So for not doing much, acceptable result. Nothing great, nothing bad. The weed, i think i will enjoy very much. I put a smoke test in a few weeks to finish this report.

I add something about the weed. Royal Gorilla Automatic by Royal Queen Seeds

It is a cross of Royal Gorilla and Royal Cookie... plus a cup winner. When i open a jar, you just know, that is some tasty s..t 😁 if you are into sativas, give it a go. 

Edited by Prom
AddonS
  • Like 8

5 hours ago, Prom said:

Total flower material 397g, close shave dressed buds 302g... full jar for the press on dressing material 👌

When i open a jar, you just know, that is some tasty s..t 😁 

Thank you my friend,

I'd like to say the smell, and soon taste, will be partly due to the dry of 14days low and slow.

Made me realize how you can spend 3 months or more growing it perfect, and then dry it wrong and miss all the goodness 🤤

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 months later...
On 6/22/2020 at 1:29 PM, Prom said:

@CreX if you give em a fair chance, and with your know how of the plants. 😁 I will convert you too. Just let them be and have their peace.. don't fiddle or cut anything 😉 i only top if absolutely needed in regards to the canape.

Even if they don't become huge, the plants just transfer into one huge bud.. very very dense huge bud 😁

The Charlotte's Angel is a good example. Was a bit over 30cm tall. 

525508466_DryingAngel.thumb.jpg.39cff44a3704e1d18a309fd4f54a12be.jpg

Hey @Prom. I'm curious, so you don't prune your autos at all? I lollipopped mine and am wondering if that's the reason they were a little on the small side - too much recovery time from pruning. I pruned in increments, over 3 sessions about 2 weeks apart, roughly, so as not to shock them too much and cause stunting, and also to improve airflow and RH. They all had a high bud to plant ratio but I never had huge yields.

I experimented with topping and FIMing one of each also, just to see, and those yielded a little less than the regular defoliated ones. Should I just leave them alone completely? (besides necessary maintenance)

Na, I stopped doing anything beside LST. We did a few tests with all different techniques.. the ones we left alone, won in yield. Friend holds our grow record, done nothing at all beside feeding, pulled 201g from one amnesia haze auto. I stand at 136g from my biggest auto so far. Bit behind ^^ but I hover around 2-2.5g per watt.

Also had a quick read.. I still have the smoke result to type 😁

The weed.. the left overs ^^ .. now curing since August. The smoke is very smooth and the taste hard to describe. Nothing extreme, nothing boring, you enjoy every puff of it. 

The over all effect is more on the giggly side and the first part is more on the energizer side.. like a sativa should be. If you finish the joint and tell yourself, wow, that was a nice puff, I could go with another one. The next you might experience is lifting your head from the bed, check the clock and say UPSSS... you lost some hours. Was no late harvest, bit before, so the weed can kick you rather hard.

I will get me some more seeds.. could very easy happen, that I want to stock up, once my last Jar is empty. A very giggly weed.

To the strain.. light canape variation, rest, I couldn't really taste a huge difference between plants. They ended a bit all the same, what is nice.. you always get what you plant. So I give it a Thumps Up 👍 If you look for a Sativa kick with the possibility to change it in a insomnia cure, the Royal Gorilla from Royal Queen Seeds is for you 😉 I know.. I just woke up 😂

Edited by Prom
can't type ^^
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Prom said:

Na, I stopped doing anything beside LST. We did a few tests with all different techniques.. the ones we left alone, won in yield. Friend holds our grow record, done nothing at all beside feeding, pulled 201g from one amnesia haze auto. I stand at 136g from my biggest auto so far. Bit behind ^^ but I hover around 2-2.5g per watt.

That is great news for me, the pruning was time consuming. 201g from a single plant... :-clap  Sjoewee... Even your 136g is damn impressive. So I will undoubtedly NOT be pruning my autos anymore :) But I will have to revisit my airflow directed at the base of the plants. I installed little 180mm RAM oscillating fans but they not going to be powerful enough. I'm thinking of mounting box fans or similar directly above my QB bar lights. Should do the trick (and free up some floor space).

7 hours ago, Prom said:

To the strain.. light canape variation, rest, I couldn't really taste a huge difference between plants. They ended a bit all the same, what is nice.. you always get what you plant. So I give it a Thumps Up 👍 If you look for a Sativa kick with the possibility to change it in a insomnia cure, the Royal Gorilla from Royal Queen Seeds is for you 😉 I know.. I just woke up 😂

Nice one. I've been looking into getting a nice sativa-dominant auto and Royal Gorilla is checking a lot of boxes. Thanks. It's on my short list. I also like the sound of Green Crack Auto from FastBuds. 

Edited by Teal Smith
  • Like 3

@Prom Great! Ya it looks amazing, thanks for confirming. I like to smoke in the daytime mostly (keep me focused! haha), so I prefer a more energetic vibe. Then sometimes for restless nights, I may keep smaller reserve of a more indica dominant strain, late harvest. So far the AK x Critical Mass from Canuk has been really tasty, a little cerebral in the beginning, with a relaxing vibe soon after. A little chocolate on the palate, which I love. Anyway I could talk about this all day! Haha.... Thanks man, and well done on this grow! Always good to learn!

• Like 2

@Prom just having a closer look at this pic of yours... Which material have you covered your intakes with, pls?

On 8/21/2020 at 10:48 AM, Prom said:

hanging.thumb.jpg.e8f9c572eed9e893a5e9fb6d3835fb51.jpg

On 8/24/2020 at 2:01 PM, Prom said:

Autos dont form bud, if there is no light on the bud. So from the 100cm tall plant, 25cm are a bit of a waste to grow. Solution, more light, less cramped space. Should harvest better. With the 8 plants i didnt even reach 50g average.

On this point, something a little interesting.... I had one plant, much taller than the others, and I had nowhere to put her without getting burnt, so I placed her in between 2 lights with her main cola sticking out the top above the lights (quite far above, like 25cm). Besides the main cola she got plenty of good light. I was surprised to see that her main cola continued to grow much bigger than the buds below with no direct light at all. Interestingly, her leaves on the main cola also kept their green colour, while all the leaves under the light below were yellow (yellow was the correct colour is it was in late flower.) Unless the main cola was still catching ambient light bouncing around the tent and that was enough to keep it growing big... But I found that noteworthy.

Edited by Teal Smith