A, B, & MPK Nutrient Breakdown

hydroman

Hi all,

Since I use these nutrients in my Hydroponic System, and also had no Idea of the Nutrient Breakdown, I decided to post my findings for others who may need a little more light on these nutrients.

NUTRIENT A

Nutrient A is a water soluble combination of plant nutrients suitable for use in hydroponic (soil-less) crop production systems, and when used together with potassium sulphate and/or calcium nitrate it is a balanced source of macro- and micro-nutrients.

When Nutrient A is applied to the irrigation water as directed, the nutrients are readily available and provide for optimum plant growth and high yields of good quality.

Please note: Nutrient A needs to be used in conjunction with Nutrient B to provide all the nutrients your plants require.

For Flowing plant, you will also require MPK (Bloom Booster)

How much do you Need:

525g makes 5l of Concentrated Nutrient Solution. You will then mix (depending on the growth stage of your plant between 1ml to 11ml of Nutrient Solution per 1 litre of water).

Nutrient A Contains:

Nitrogen N 68g/kg

Phosphorus P 42g/kg

Potassium K 208g/kg

Magnesium Mg 30g/kg

Sulphur S 64g/kg

Trace Elements:

Iron Fe 1284 mg/kg

Manganese Mn 299mg/kg

Boron B 373mg/kg

Zinc Zn 194mg/kg

Molybdenum Mo 37mg/kg

................................................................................................

NUTRIENT B

Nutrient B  (Calcium Nitrate) is a source of nitrogen for plant nutrition, and of calcium for the correction of bitter pit in apples, corky spot in pears and other calcium deficiency disorders in crops.

Please note: Nutrient B needs to be used in conjunction with Nutrient A to provide all the nutrients your plants require.

How much do you Need:

350g makes 5l of Concentrated Nutrient Solution. You will then mix (depending on the growth stage of your plant between 1ml to 16ml of Nutrient Solution per 1 litre of water).

Nutrient B Contains:

Nitrogen N 117g/kg

Calcium Ca 166g/kg

...............................................................................................

MPK NUTRIENT

Monopotassium phosphate (also potassium dihydrogen phosphate, KDP, or monobasic potassium phosphate, MKP or MPK) — KH2PO4 — is a soluble salt which is used as a fertilizer, a food additive and a fungicide. It is a source of phosphorus and potassium.

It is also a buffering agent. When used in fertilizer mixtures with urea and ammonium phosphates, it minimizes escape of ammonia by keeping the pH at a relatively low level.

MKP  is a fully water-soluble P-K fertilizer. It contains 23% P and 29% K. As a Nitrogen-free fertilizer, MKP is the perfect instrument to control the so important nutrient balance between N, P and K.

Using MKP offers the opportunity to give the most preferred K-source, but also to limit or avoid the use of Nitrogen in accordance to the crop’s needs.

Due to its high quality characteristics, MKP can be applied in hydroponic systems, in fertigation or as a foliage spray.

How much do you Need:

125g makes 5l of Concentrated Nutrient Solution. You will then mix (during early flowering stage of your plant between 2ml to 5ml of Nutrient Solution per 1 litre of water).

MPK Contains:

Phosphorus P 227g/kg

Potassium K 286g/kg

Happy Growing :-gthumb

Nutrient-A-B-Instructions.pdf

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

Since I use these nutrients in my Hydroponic System, and also had no Idea of the Nutrient Breakdown, I decided to post my findings for others who may need a little more light on these nutrients.

NUTRIENT A

Nutrient A is a water soluble combination of plant nutrients suitable for use in hydroponic (soil-less) crop production systems, and when used together with potassium sulphate and/or calcium nitrate it is a balanced source of macro- and micro-nutrients.

When Nutrient A is applied to the irrigation water as directed, the nutrients are readily available and provide for optimum plant growth and high yields of good quality.

Please note: Nutrient A needs to be used in conjunction with Nutrient B to provide all the nutrients your plants require.

How much do you Need:

525g makes 5l of Concentrated Nutrient Solution. You will then mix (depending on the growth stage of your plant between 1ml to 11ml of Nutrient Solution per 1 litre of water).

Nutrient A Contains:

Nitrogen N 68g/kg

Phosphorus P 42g/kg

Potassium K 208g/kg

Magnesium Mg 30g/kg

Sulphur S 64g/kg

Trace Elements:

Iron Fe 1284 mg/kg

Manganese Mn 299mg/kg

Boron B 373mg/kg

Zinc Zn 194mg/kg

Molybdenum Mo 37mg/kg

................................................................................................

NUTRIENT B

Nutrient B  (Calcium Nitrate) is a source of nitrogen for plant nutrition, and of calcium for the correction of bitter pit in apples, corky spot in pears and other calcium deficiency disorders in crops.

Please note: Nutrient B needs to be used in conjunction with Nutrient A to provide all the nutrients your plants require.

How much do you Need:

350g makes 5l of Concentrated Nutrient Solution. You will then mix (depending on the growth stage of your plant between 1ml to 16ml of Nutrient Solution per 1 litre of water).

Nutrient B Contains:

Nitrogen N 117g/kg

Calcium Ca 166g/kg

...............................................................................................

MPK NUTRIENT

Monopotassium phosphate (also potassium dihydrogen phosphate, KDP, or monobasic potassium phosphate, MKP or MPK) — KH2PO4 — is a soluble salt which is used as a fertilizer, a food additive and a fungicide. It is a source of phosphorus and potassium.

It is also a buffering agent. When used in fertilizer mixtures with urea and ammonium phosphates, it minimizes escape of ammonia by keeping the pH at a relatively low level.

MKP  is a fully water-soluble P-K fertilizer. It contains 23% P and 29% K. As a Nitrogen-free fertilizer, MKP is the perfect instrument to control the so important nutrient balance between N, P and K.

Using MKP offers the opportunity to give the most preferred K-source, but also to limit or avoid the use of Nitrogen in accordance to the crop’s needs.

Due to its high quality characteristics, MKP can be applied in hydroponic systems, in fertigation or as a foliage spray.

How much do you Need:

125g makes 5l of Concentrated Nutrient Solution. You will then mix (during early flowering stage of your plant between 2ml to 5ml of Nutrient Solution per 1 litre of water).

MPK Contains:

Phosphorus P 227g/kg

Potassium K 286g/kg

Happy Growing :-gthumb

That means you will have 3 (5L) Containers filled with the Nutrients. 

Eg: I add 1ml of nutrient to 1 liter (4th Container) of ph'd water.  Am I suppose to repeat this process with all 3 nutrients (ie. 5th & 6th 1L Containers) OR do I add 1ml of Nutrient A shake to dissolve, add another 1ml of Nutrient B in the same 1L container and shake to dissolve etc? Then I'm suppose to Ph test the combined nutrients to let say 6.5 before I hand-water my plants?

Am I understanding this correctly? Please advise on the correct way to do it. :poke

• Agree 1

Here's the process SSA:

[*]You will buy 3 packets(parts) of powder from the hydro shop - The three parts are nutrient A, nutrient B and the 3rd part is called MPK

[*]Each packet of powder must get dissolved into its own 5L bottle with 5L of dechlorinated water / or preferably RO water. These 3 bottles of nutes will now be referred to as Part A, Part B and MPK

[*]You then fill the required amount of dechlorinated water into a suitable container that you want to use as feeding water. You don't need to PH the water yet.

[*]You then put the required amount of each part into the container mentioned in the point above and stir or shake the container to mix the nutrients in.

[*]Once you've mixed the nutes in you should then test the PH and adjust accordingly. When you add nutrients to water they change the PH so it's pointless changing PH and then mixing the nutes in...you'll just be creating more missions.

Hope that helps :-gthumb

• Agree 1

Here's the process SSA:

[*]You will buy 3 packets(parts) of powder from the hydro shop - The three parts are nutrient A, nutrient B and the 3rd part is called MPK

[*]Each packet of powder must get dissolved into its own 5L bottle with 5L of dechlorinated water / or preferably RO water. These 3 bottles of nutes will now be referred to as Part A, Part B and MPK

[*]You then fill the required amount of dechlorinated water into a suitable container that you want to use as feeding water. You don't need to PH the water yet.

[*]You then put the required amount of each part into the container mentioned in the point above and stir or shake the container to mix the nutrients in.

[*]Once you've mixed the nutes in you should then test the PH and adjust accordingly. When you add nutrients to water they change the PH so it's pointless changing PH and then mixing the nutes in...you'll just be creating more missions.

Hope that helps :-gthumb

Thank you! That sounds easy enough 420:-clap

• Like 1

• 5 years later...
9 hours ago, Batista said:

Necro!

Im trying these out atm, does anyone know why they recommend Part B and MPK in flowering? I thought there is supposed to be no nitrogen in flowering stages?

I speak under correction, but i don't think you can cut N out completely from the formulation.

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Batista said:

Necro!

Im trying these out atm, does anyone know why they recommend Part B and MPK in flowering? I thought there is supposed to be no nitrogen in flowering stages?

A bit of N during flower is not bad actually. 

I used Hortimix before, it works well. I cannot remember what ratios I used to use it in though.

@CreX perhaps you can assist?

• Like 1

They recommend part B since the calcium is essential to buffer the phosphates in the MKP. Calcium sulphate would have been a much better calcium source, but its insoluble in water, so calcium nitrate is the only option really.

When I use hortimix, my ratios are 1:1 on part A and B in veg, and shifts to 1:1:1(A,B,Mkp) early flowering and later 1:2(B,mkp) ratio of part B and MKP in peak flower, moving to using only MKP in the last ripening phase, allowing the plant to metabolize the N and fade. 

Edited by Totemic
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Totemic said:

They recommend part B since the calcium is essential to buffer the phosphates in the MKP. Calcium sulphate would have been a much better calcium source, but its insoluble in water, do calcium nitrate is the only option really.

When I use hortimix, my ratios are 1:1 on part A and B in veg, and shifts to 1:1:1(A,B,Mkp) early flowering and later 1:2(B,mkp) ratio of part B and MKP in peak flower, moving to using only MKP in the last ripening phase, allowing the plant to metabolize the N and fade. 

Hi Bud

Thanks for this, I've had great results in veg, but I was a bit unsure about flower.Interesting enough I emailed them and they said this

'Part B contains plenty of Nitrogen, whereas Part A contains much less, and part A also contains other macro and trace elements which will be good for flowering, so definitely rather use part A in flowering, and not part B. You can check the labels of both to compare the Nitrogen's content in g/kg. Part B will be fine until about week 3-4 of flowering as it contains Calcium, which is important, just don't use too much. Little goes a long way.'

- which kinda goes against your method and also what they say to do in the sheets,Im very confused lol

Look the plants are doing fine, actually suffering from to much N atm so I thought let me recheck my nutes configuration, because this is the first time in using this, which lead me here.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Batista said:

Hi Bud

Thanks for this, I've had great results in veg, but I was a bit unsure about flower.Interesting enough I emailed them and they said this

'Part B contains plenty of Nitrogen, whereas Part A contains much less, and part A also contains other macro and trace elements which will be good for flowering, so definitely rather use part A in flowering, and not part B. You can check the labels of both to compare the Nitrogen's content in g/kg. Part B will be fine until about week 3-4 of flowering as it contains Calcium, which is important, just don't use too much. Little goes a long way.'

- which kinda goes against your method and also what they say to do in the sheets,Im very confused lol

Look the plants are doing fine, actually suffering from to much N atm so I thought let me recheck my nutes configuration, because this is the first time in using this, which lead me here.

Yeah, it's difficult with hortimix, as their chart suits veggies and will wreck your grow the moment you go into flowering following it.

So my approach evolved around what my plants were telling me. I found that I've never had deficiency or toxicity issues with micro elements, Its always the macros, so running with and tweaking my input on part B and MKP I have found to work for me. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Totemic said:

Yeah, it's difficult with hortimix, as their chart suits veggies and will wreck your grow the moment you go into flowering following it.

So my approach evolved around what my plants were telling me. I found that I've never had deficiency or toxicity issues with micro elements, Its always the macros, so running with and tweaking my input on part B and MKP I have found to work for me. 

Thanks man, yeah i will follow yours and see what happens 🙂

Edit - well that is exactly what I have been doing just Part B and MPK, pushing 1600 ppm now in week 3.5.What would your typical week 3 flowering values on Part B and MPK be in a liter of water, as I think I have to put less of Part B and more of MPK.

Edited by Batista

I have never pushed an EC higher than 2.4 in peak flowering, which is 1600 odd ppm, so you are there already.

Less is more, and when you are fertigating your plant daily you can get away with much lower doses, and have a happier plant that isnt straining under chemical pressure 

4 minutes ago, Totemic said:

I have never pushed an EC higher than 2.4 in peak flowering, which is 1600 odd ppm, so you are there already.

Less is more, and when you are fertigating your plant daily you can get away with much lower doses, and have a happier plant that isnt straining under chemical pressure 

Thanks, Yeah i think my dosage is too high, Im going to flush and lower and see if that helps.

One of my plants is actually your Bubba Kush, which is flowering incredible fast, she is around 2 weeks ahead of the others and they all started the same time!Im really impressed with her and cant wait to sample her!

Edited by Batista
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Batista said:

Thanks man, yeah i will follow yours and see what happens 🙂

Edit - well that is exactly what I have been doing just Part B and MPK, pushing 1600 ppm now in week 3.5.What would your typical week 3 flowering values on Part B and MPK be in a liter of water, as I think I have to put less of Part B and more of MPK.

I had really good success with hortimix. 

The most crucial part of they nute regime in my opinion... And you gotta do this right away!!! Chuck that feeding guideline away and never consult it again.... Christ I get a hernia just thinging about it.... Eeuiggg

I found the mixing recipe ultra weak aswell... I think I doubled it or even tripped it... Just remember to half the dose or third the dose... That made my feeding easier.... Was going through almost half a litre every feed at one point of the weak mix... Not fun lol. 

I used the entire lot in every feed. A:B:MKP in a ratio as follows. 

1:1:1 for veg per litre up to 350ppm/0.7EC

0.5:1:2 for flower from week 3 in flower till harvest 800ppm/1.3EC

I ran into shit if I went anywhere near 1000ppm.

Also note that I keep a box of Epsom salts on hand and generally add a teaspoon per 10l to every feed as well. 

When I run out of my current nutes in half a decade, I'll go back to horti 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks man.
So I also had to double or triple my dose because the mixture is actually weak and you do end up going through a lot of the stuff just to make like 10l solution! Do you mind sharing your current nute setup? I'm assuming it's also A and B in bulk?

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Batista said:

Thanks man.
So I also had to double or triple my dose because the mixture is actually weak and you do end up going through a lot of the stuff just to make like 10l solution! Do you mind sharing your current nute setup? I'm assuming it's also A and B in bulk?

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Kind of... 

I am using Haifa nutrient line, the Spliff range. S1 S2 S3 and Duo+k

Following the feeding plan because it works. 

And added calcuim from GH powder feeds, and Epsom salts... every feed

So still a powdered nute which takes some getting used to as it takes a while to dissolve. 

2 hours ago, CreX said:

Kind of... 

I am using Haifa nutrient line, the Spliff range. S1 S2 S3 and Duo+k

Following the feeding plan because it works. 

And added calcuim from GH powder feeds, and Epsom salts... every feed

So still a powdered nute which takes some getting used to as it takes a while to dissolve. 

Thanks, you got any more info on Haifa?Ie where do I find it,I only see a generic website with no stockist or online ordering.

• 2 months later...

"MPK NUTRIENT

Monopotassium phosphate (also potassium dihydrogen phosphate, KDP, or monobasic potassium phosphate, MKP or MPK) — KH2PO4 — is a soluble salt which is used as a fertilizer, a food additive and a fungicide. It is a source of phosphorus and potassium."

I intend on using this to douse my plants after the rains to prevent mold.I read that using a 1% mixture will achieve this,but how do I figure the ratios out lol.I have a 125g packet that needs to go into 5l water.

Is this accurate : A one percent solution is defined as 1 gram of solute per 100 milliliters final volume. For example, 1 gram of sodium chloride, brought to a final volume of 100 ml with distilled water, is a 1% NaCl solution. To help recall the definition of a 1% solution, remember that one gram is the mass of one milliliter of water.

Edited by Batista

• 4 months later...
On 2/24/2015 at 4:29 AM, hydroman said:

used together with potassium sulphate

I'm searching for hortimix threads to see how other people figured it out. I will be feeding it onto the soil, so use a bit less than the full hydro doses. The sheet from Hortishop is for hydro level EC and its chart has ever increasing N going right through flowering.

Another thing that stood out is that the distributors recommended choice for bloom boosting, is different to MKP. Potassium sulphate is high in K, with no P in it. large.IMG_20210626_054824.jpg.5f4098df66c836973fd4b5eeba67331c.jpg

Compare that to Hygrotech which uses lower levels of nutrient for their A/B ratio and Potassium Nitrate instead of MKP. Its even higher in K, with no P or S in it.large.IMG_20210626_054026.jpg.2bead3ba843870bfb4d9dbba336293ab.jpg

On 11/26/2020 at 10:10 AM, Totemic said:

my ratios are 1:1 on part A and B in veg, and shifts to 1:1:1(A,B,Mkp)

This is what is recommended to tunnel tomato farmers. Use eqaul amounts, through the stages of growth. Thats why the powders are weighed out in those amounts (1 : 1.5) for the stock solution. They veg on A/B and flower on A/B/C until the harvesting is done. 

Every farmer will tweak the program to optimise the results. Increased P in early flowering helps to set more blooms. Less N and more K during ripening improves the quality and flavour.

On 11/26/2020 at 10:10 AM, Totemic said:

1:2(B,mkp) ratio of part B and MKP in peak flower, moving to using only MKP in the last ripening phase

The 525 + 350 powders are measured out to make a 500 l tank with an EC of 1.4 (10 ml A and 10 ml B per litre.)

Thats a bit high for my vegging and the addition of 10 ml MKP pushes the EC to 1.7, which is way over the limit, for my blooms. I aim to feed a max of 1.4 EC, so I will adjust the amounts down from the recommendation given by Shiman.

On 11/26/2020 at 1:24 PM, CreX said:

Chuck that feeding guideline away and never consult it again

Amen to that😀. That chart has changed since I last used hortimix. Its designed to confuse growers like us, but their nutrient calculator spreadsheet is a brilliant tool. 

On 11/26/2020 at 1:24 PM, CreX said:

1:1:1 for veg per litre up to 350ppm/0.7EC

0.5:1:2 for flower from week 3 in flower till harvest 800ppm/1.3EC

Can you say why you add the bloom booster during veg? 1 :1 :1 is apparently for full bloom, if I read the label correctly.