Cheeese questions

Cheeezy

Hi again 

So... about to start week 6 of flower. 

I have been using general hydroponics flora series every other day. I have GHE rippen as well for late flowering phase. 

Plan is to flower for 8 weeks or so

1. What is late flowering phase? (Week 6-7?)
  2. Can I use both general hydroponics Nutrients and rippen at the same time or must I stop with one to use the other?
  3. Or must i alternate between the two ?
  4. Non related but - Should I cut all the sugar leaves off and leave fan leaves so the bud all the feed given? (Will this cause harm?)

Don’t want to over feed in fear of nutrient lock and/or burn. 

I understand I must flush my cheese for the last week or 2 of flower before I cut?

thx in advance

28 minutes ago, Cheeezy said:

Hi again 

So... about to start week 6 of flower. 

I have been using general hydroponics flora series every other day. I have GHE rippen as well for late flowering phase. 

Plan is to flower for 8 weeks or so

1. What is late flowering phase? (Week 6-7?)
  2. Can I use both general hydroponics Nutrients and rippen at the same time or must I stop with one to use the other?
  3. Or must i alternate between the two ?
  4. Non related but - Should I cut all the sugar leaves off and leave fan leaves so the bud all the feed given? (Will this cause harm?)

Don’t want to over feed in fear of nutrient lock and/or burn. 

I understand I must flush my cheese for the last week or 2 of flower before I cut?

thx in advance

Late flowering is strain dependant. If you buying your seeds then breeders  have information about time duration of that strain to give you a guideline.

So when your plant has stopped pushing out white hairs and the trichs are mostly cloudy you can stop nutes and use ripen on its OWN for a week and then just plain water to chop down. The instructions for the floraseries and ripen are on the bottles. Read it and follow it. 8-9week strain, I would start paying attention for the above from around day 50.

If you have enough light and air exchange you can go full strength and above safely for most strains. So based on that you have to adjust the ratios. 

And that question about cutting sugar leaves you need to forget it and never ask that again.(the only time you should be cutting sugar leaves is when you trimming your buds). Get more experience before doing any defoliation from midflower onwards. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

Some serious question needing some serious advice... 

But luckily you've been sorted out The problem with growing weed is that the info you get from the web and friends can and will get confusing. 

Doing a little homework before jumping in is always a big advantage to yourself and can mean the difference between an OK harvest and a omg harvest. 

Best of luck dude 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Cheeezy said:

First time indoor. I notice the plant is more sensitive so I check before I do something.. 

That is one thing I have also noticed about indoor vs outdoor. Outdoor can take a lot more punch and aren't so sensitive to certain changes whereas indoor plants always seem more finicky... 

I’m day 40

So The plan was to flower for 8 weeks before harvest. I’m now on week 6.5.

Ripen for 1 week then flush for 2 weeks taking me to the end of week 8.

currently have fed ripen for 2 feeds

will the buds get more dense/fatter in 3 weeks?

wondering if I Could I stretch the whole flower phase to 9 Maybe 10 weeks and give another week or two of flora series and ripen together or just flora

from images - there are 2 colas the same size in front of the A4 paper as I topped the main for a clone.

thanks

69BFBEC4-6343-4CB3-8E8E-4419EB0DEF7B.thumb.jpeg.ef6f6ada6153a9ef6f9038d29d723071.jpeg69BFBEC4-6343-4CB3-8E8E-4419EB0DEF7B.thumb.jpeg.ef6f6ada6153a9ef6f9038d29d723071.jpeg

DBF79861-27D6-4222-970D-A638A5D89CC8.jpeg

Edited by Cheeezy

@Cheeezy 

Firstly I would like to say that your plants look very nice...

Judging by the pic, it looks like those plants are still a good few weeks from harvest. You should still be feeding her. Those buds look like they still want to swell & harden up. Don't rush it. This is the part of the grow where you gain that weight. You can use ripen as an additive to your 3 part to boost the P and K. That tip burn looks old and very minor.

And don't do any more Defoliation. Looks like you've removed too many of the fan leaves on the buds with stems on them. 

Do yourself a favour, but yourself a cheap takealot jewellers loupe 60x and check the trichs to know when to start with ripen. 

Breeders stipulated times are just a guide. Your plant ultimately tells you when she's close to the end.

Thank you v much for the guidance @Mambawana

does it matter that some of the pistols have browned? Say 20% ish?

The last time I defoliate was when I flipped to flower. (I listened haha)

Heres another so you have more of an idea:

A465988B-2AFF-4C1F-9D19-6789700EF101.thumb.jpeg.a3c3d2afb479abb59f51d36b43dda047.jpeg

today I’ll give flora and ripen for another week or so.  Will get jewelers loop too. Thank you  

Will update here again with progress later 

• Like 4

@Cheeezy 

Looks even better... 

Yeah it's normal for the pistols to start dying back. It's getting closer to the end. You can do some selective defoliation on the bottom of those tall colas. Only leaves that are blocking buds. It will help harden things up so you have less larfies. If you able to drop night time temps do it, you will be rewarded with some beautiful colour changes.

All in all well done, not much can go wrong now. Just keep an eye out for pm.

• Like 1

Looking good.

From my experience the time lines given by breeders have never been accurate, I've always had to add at least a week or 2 onto their times until my plants were ready for harvest.
The only way to accurately tell is to check the trichomes and their colour, for that you need a loupe or microscope.
The amount of Amber trichomes you have when harvesting will affect the type of high.
Not enough and you can end up with bud which is more likely to give people anxiety and panic attacks and which may disrupt their REM sleep cycle. Too much and it may give you a couch lock high. Best to play around with the percent of Amber and see what you like best.
Perhaps somewhere between 10% Amber to 50% Amber.

Ripen is meant to be used by itself. Rather use bloom nutes and then ripen by itself for the last 2 weeks before flushing.
Flushing will be at the end, generally for a week or 2 depending on your medium. Florakleen can be used as well during flushing.

You will also notice the bud swell quite a bit before she is ready for harvest. I'm sure you've noticed this on your outdoor plants.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

A plant will show you when she is finishing off. Yellow leaves and the stem will even start going yellow. Leaves may start going purple even in hot weather. Not all plants go purple but all of them go yellow. I like to leave mine until I can see amber trichomes.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hi hi

I’m back and a little worried

The past week has been blistering hot and the temperature has been around 27 to 32°C - Looking for advice on the images below which looks like a plant could have suffered from heat stress and hence producing these small pollen sacks or “bananas”...I think.... #google

Should I cut them out if I see them to not ruin the entire grow

Or am I just overthinking it and there’s nothing to worry about

Thoughts?

Thanks

99411903-1AFD-4D5B-9CA7-B7CA97F3FDC8.jpeg

452974CB-FA6A-4DC2-A5FC-48C15BAA378E.jpeg

• Like 1

Hey @Cheeezy , for sure those are male saks, doesnt look to serious, you can pluck them out with a tweezer, gets a bit more critical when the sak swells up with pollen.

If there are swollen/open saks, take care when removing them, a small vacuum can assist with get those swollen saks off without spreading too much pollen around.

Hope that helps, plants look bfok dude, nice :-greenthumb

Yeah, looks like some pollen sacks.
You can pick them out, but pay close attention to that plant every day. If it's between other flowering ladies you'll have to be carefull for obvious reasons.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Ok so... load shedding. Weather being extremely humid. 
ive struggles to control the atmosphere for my poor cheese. 

as such I’ve noticed some of these “bananas” forming (See images) popping out where pistols are coming from. 

7F4C64CD-22A1-40A4-B9EA-A6E73E132057.thumb.jpeg.fe07b9ffb2d1de1f3f331a1854706804.jpeg

i don’t see them everywhere just here and there but more are forming and I’ve been removing them as I see them. 

my guess is that the plant is too stressed in these conditions. I will purchase a grow tent and all the necessary things to keep climate control over the holidays...

now, The plan “was” to:

feed ripen for this week

flush next week and the week after

harvest

however, as close as I am to the finish line,  I don’t know if it’ll last that long without ruining the plant?

Suggestions please... should I  

1. flush her now For 1 - 1.5 weeks and harvest. 
or

2. risk it for the biscuit (Am totally keen to do this if it’s not too far gone)and keep removing them as I see them and continue with my cycle  

Tia

Sad cheeezy 😕

2261E4E8-4024-4EDE-8C9B-273E4185C532.jpeg

C5643A5B-CB4A-4095-9A09-32C9274954CC.jpeg

CB436981-77CA-4517-9152-17D0BCBBEF28.jpeg

Hard to see what is happening with the light, rather take pictures under normal lighting - the blue / purple makes it difficult.

You can continue trying to pick the bananas, but its going to be a mission and chances are you will miss at least one and end up pollinating your plant(s).

To me it looks as if you still have a bit of time required before you can harvest, looks as if the bud still needs to fatten up.

If you harvest now i think you will be disappointed by the bud you have, so either you can scrap it or continue with it and accept the fact that you may end up with some seeded bud - make sure to clean the area properly before starting your next grow as that pollen could hang around and pollinate future grows.

Yeah dude it sucks that your beautiful plant is being a rebellious biach. You should be able to ride it another couple days to a week without really getting seeded. It's quite strange though cos the nanners you getting look more like those close to harvest nanners that some strains push out. 

I would use ripen in my next feeding and then a big flush and reevaluate things. So what if your buds get seeded now right at the end. You have come a long way to worry about a few seeds. Just don't regrow any clones you taken off that plant.

On a side note. Last grow I harvested 5 plants on day 38 because of pm. It was all clones from the same mother and I didn't want to the pm spreading to other strains. I lost a lot in weight but the buds still had a nice racey high. 

And if you want some easy growing clones in the future that are stable hit me with a pm:rastabanana