Help identify various mixed strains

Oolong83

Hey guys

The plants in this grow are all mixed from bags of weed ordered over time, discovered them ina bag with about 30+ seeds. So i started germinating and success, they sprouted. 

Dont know what strains to expect, so please if you can identify any, please share. 

Will post weekly to see development. I suppose i can also expect a few males in there.

A9050491-4C1C-4B0A-B6FA-508B5A87B3BD.jpeg

3E896864-F424-4CED-AF6F-F73E570A0EF9.jpeg

74CFE8A6-A36E-42D2-AFFE-9ABD2851C86F.jpeg

45ED3DB7-F9E7-493B-AD5A-5348B55A7831.jpeg

BB3BB259-A173-4EC2-ACF5-DA77B4E7FB9E.jpeg

0473A74E-C088-460C-88CA-0E67A482DC05.jpeg

EF273373-BE46-44F5-8636-7F51948607DC.jpeg

53F0A94B-4AD2-4448-9AA9-AC4ABB78D649.jpeg

65EA71D2-35FA-4EEA-A0F8-CE13F402B725.jpeg

• Like 1

You're shit outa luck, you'll be able to identify sativa vs indica and that's about where it stops, pretty much every strain has the same phylogeny, with the exception of some divergent (ruderalis) species that could break away from standard evolutionary branches. Whilst cannabis crosses have unique genes, they are ultimately still classified as the main clade. 

Image result for cannabis phylogenetic tree

Edited by greenkush

5 minutes ago, Oolong83 said:

I dont know what all that means, but i get the just. 

Still be fun to see what happens though.

It means you cant identify the strain from the sprouts if they're for example, AK47, White Widow, Purple flying spaghetti monster.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Oolong83 said:

Awe, i get that. Maybe later on as grow bigger?

No, very unlikely. The characteristics you are likely to see are those which can appear in multiple other strains.

It is like being blind folded and driving in a car and then you have to try identify which car you are driving in. You probably have a better chance of guessing the car than the cannabis strain. Chances are if this is bag seed, it is mixed with pollen from multiple different male plants even.

Grow it out and enjoy it, regardless of what it may be. If you want to know what cannabis you're growing and smoking, get some proper seeds and label everything and take it from there.

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

Yea man... And even in bloom where most strains get their name from, it's still very open to debate as to what it is... 

You might get lucky with a great smelling plant that stacks to the roof... But as for a name... Sorry son

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

Update on the unknown strains. 

Some of these guys are surprising me with some amazing growth over just a few days(pic1&2), cant wait to see what they look like next tomorrow, i mean next week;)

i did also notice the ones doing so great are the ones in coco/perlite/soil mix, gave no kak at all. 

The other that are just in coco/perlite/vermiculite showed signs of deficiencies early already and has been up and down to keep their ph at 5.8, which for some reason after adding mix reads at 6.2. Yes the mix was ph balanced to 5.8 before feeding.

i think on next replant i will add all of the plants to coco/perlite/soil mix instead. 

Also takes less feedings, as suppose to everyday feedings with coco/perlite/vermiculite. 

DB21A264-C479-4699-9005-91C9B1A0F1F3.jpeg

0E2A1F8D-25A5-4647-AFE1-EBCB045D4E98.jpeg

7B896FE2-E7F7-41F3-A9FF-9244DF98542A.jpeg

05585771-A68F-41C3-AE28-BBEC38D477AA.jpeg

138F988B-CB82-461C-8A8C-5B06BFDE6F11.jpeg

C1E791EA-02BE-422C-A60B-CC6840A06BF4.jpeg

6FD92A48-AB0E-4EBC-A2AF-699AAC9CC5A9.jpeg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

So i haven't updated this thread Ina while as it was pretty much a dead end.

So i decided to plant most of these guys outside. they were doing pretty kak at first, but seems they have now adapted to outside conditions. 

i will add some nice pics of all the outdoor plants soon. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Oolong83 said:

So i haven't updated this thread Ina while as it was pretty much a dead end.

So i decided to plant most of these guys outside. they were doing pretty kak at first, but seems they have now adapted to outside conditions. 

i will add some nice pics of all the outdoor plants soon. 

Once they flower and you can smell them... You can attempt to identify them... But that too is a ton of thumb sucking... Enjoy the herb bro👌

• Thanks 1

Pic 1 and 2 cant tell, resolution is poor internodal spacing is still even, possibly indicating that the plant is not sexually mature yet-wait for them to show.
Pic 3 and 4 looks def like pistils- female.
Pic 5 might be pistils coming through.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...