Training wheels

Nikkel

1 minute ago, CreX said:

Sweet, yea man, go for something with a low N value and high P and high K

Will do sir. Any recommendations? I'll have enough time to shop around while they grow... Wouldn't mind giving your rooibos tea recipes a go 🍵😉

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Nikkel said:

Will do sir. Any recommendations? I'll have enough time to shop around while they grow... Wouldn't mind giving your rooibos tea recipes a go 🍵😉

Hahaha!! The plants love it! I transplanted an Inzane in the membrane this morning and the roots were glistening white and healthy! I was really happy. 

But yea man, there are quite a few options you can go for. 

The hydro stores stock the biobizz range mostly and that's a good go to organic range. 

And I have also heard good things about powder feeding from greenhouse. But I'm not sure what you have near you? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CreX said:

Hahaha!! The plants love it! I transplanted an Inzane in the membrane this morning and the roots were glistening white and healthy! I was really happy. 

But yea man, there are quite a few options you can go for. 

The hydro stores stock the biobizz range mostly and that's a good go to organic range. 

And I have also heard good things about powder feeding from greenhouse. But I'm not sure what you have near you? 

I'm in Cape Town Mitchell's Plain but really don't mind taking a drive 40kms in whatever direction...online also fine but I much rather go to the shop as its nice talking to experienced growers in some nurseries...you always pickup a few neat tips from different people.

Edited by Nikkel
  • Like 2

@Nikkel and you get to see stuff you weren't looking for too!

I'd hit up hydroponic.co.za and see what they have for you. 

Whenever I see something I want from a hydro store, that's the place that it's happening at... 

Too bad for me it's in Capetown and I'm in jhb😜

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Need to get some more soil to fill up the grow bags over the weekend and move them to permanent homes. Little bit of burn on some leaves, not sure if its the Kelpak feed every week but will tone the dosage down lower than recommendation on the bottle.

c95003bb679e37b0e3a0fd9c26d8a83d.jpg35419019252bbd12ae8248b173bdb7a9.jpgd402b4fb2aad5eb0313919c01e7bf826.jpg61a5d7de7fcd2ef1c98b074a79a6e648.jpg

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Got some soil to fill grow bags but think I bought one bag of soil too little...

Grow bags is 30cm high and has 35cm circumference...at a rough guess is almost 40l

Is 10cm from the top too low? Should I fill up some more?

Also got 15 chilli plugs while there...about 6 different strains....LOVE my chlli!

20191030_134524.jpg

20191030_140205.jpg

20191030_193401.jpg

• Like 1

They looked a bit dreary after transplant last night but up and perky this morning! Wind is mofo in Cape Town today tho but hey they gona grow up outside and will have to get used to it...will move them indoors at night.

20191031_071647.jpg

Edited by Nikkel
add pic
  • Like 2

They've taken well to the transplant a few days ago... 3 Indica strains looks perky while the Sativa looks more relaxed but all are fine. With the wind being nasty as it is this time of year in Cape Town, the one positive I noticed from this is their leading main stems are waaaay bulkier than the previous plants I started with a few months ago! So the wind doing its thing "training" them to bulk up and be more resilient of mother nature.

Cut the 1st node away on all of them as the leaves turned brown like nute burn although they've only been fed Kelpak seaweed extract every 2 weeks...

20191103_153121.jpg

20191103_153129.jpg

20191103_153135.jpg

20191103_153142.jpg

20191103_153150.jpg

20191103_153159.jpg

20191103_153210.jpg

20191103_153217.jpg

20191103_153226.jpg

20191103_153234.jpg

Edited by Nikkel
  • Like 2

By cutting away the first node, do you mean you topped them? 

Keep a close eye on them as the whole plant will be affected if the new growth is unhappy. 

Also... New growth is the greatest source of guaging how happy and healthy the plant is. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

By cutting away the first node, do you mean you topped them? 
Keep a close eye on them as the whole plant will be affected if the new growth is unhappy. 
Also... New growth is the greatest source of guaging how happy and healthy the plant is. 
My apologies... The bottom node

Nice, looking good.

You're going to be using Seagro as nutrients going forward?

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

I still have a good amount of Nitrosol and will switch to it after the 5th node or when they need some... For now the soil still good.

• Like 1