First time autoflower grow

CG420za

Awe, shot Pat! No juice, just the usual nutes and EM Pro-Soil Sir and losta love and abuse :-hilarious
LoL looks amazing brother honestly, nice and thick colas. I'll be honest mine isn't even that big, the colas are also not that huge. I'm hoping to change that with this next round coming up

Sent from my G3312 using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, Pat999 said:

LoL looks amazing brother honestly, nice and thick colas. I'll be honest mine isn't even that big, the colas are also not that huge. I'm hoping to change that with this next round coming up

Thanks bruv, in all honesty, this is my 1st grow that's this fat and bulky. I think it's the light TBH.

15 minutes ago, Kgrows said:

@CG420za was asking about EM but biobizz will be good as well if you dont mind?

So the BioBizz feed happens at every watering. I stick to the standard schedule until about half way through veg then i ramp it up until i notice slight signs of possible burn, then drop the strength a little. EM I do at 1st pot up, then every 2-3 weeks. On those days I don't do nutes. Just EM and whatever additives are required like amino's, sylica, etc. I will be halving my nute input on the next grow and do more AACT. I'll be using the EM in that and also looking at other teas.

• Like 1

@CG420za nice! i havent really looked into AACT yet. what medium are you growing in? i've just switched from synthetic nutes to organic & i think understand most of it. any suggested reading? theres a lot floating around but looking for an organic grow bible or something along those lines

1 minute ago, Kgrows said:

@CG420za nice! i havent really looked into AACT yet. what medium are you growing in? i've just switched from synthetic nutes to organic & i think understand most of it. any suggested reading? theres a lot floating around but looking for an organic grow bible or something along those lines

I'm using Freedom Farms premium soil. Organic is better. Tastier flowers, no need to worry about pH. Feed the soil, not the plant. LOL, i only read what's on this site bruv. Just remember, happy microbes is what you're going for.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I can agree to the tastier flowers, I have my Amnesia Haze and the taste is next level. Honestly top 3 of the best tasting strains I've ever smoked. Also have the FF soil. I must remember to moer some moleasses in these girls for flowering, want some sweetness to my buds too

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pat999 said:

I can agree to the tastier flowers, I have my Amnesia Haze and the taste is next level. Honestly top 3 of the best tasting strains I've ever smoked. Also have the FF soil. I must remember to moer some moleasses in these girls for flowering, want some sweetness to my buds too

Awe, i usually give molasses in the 2nd last week of plain water.

I'm using a QB288v2 (samsung lm301b 3000K)

Edited by CG420za
  • Like 2

Awe, i usually give molasses in the 2nd last week of plain water.

I'm using a QB288v2 (samsung lm301b 3000K)
A single QB288 for the 3 plants? What sort of wattage have you been running it at and height from the plants?

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, PsyCLown said:

A single QB288 for the 3 plants? What sort of wattage have you been running it at and height from the plants?

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

It's similar to the one you sold, 2 panels on 1 sink. 240w driver, LED's running at 75% (dimmed). 45cm from the main cola.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Awe guys, my GG is due for chopping and I've been hit by fucking spider mites. It's not a full on infestation, but they're there. Only on the very bottom leaves are affected. No webs yet, but the leaves are spotty and i could check the varke with the loupe. I've plucked the leaves off, but I still wanna get the rest before harvest. That's most likely happening this Sunday or shortly after.

I'm not really keen on the milk spray and I also don't really wanna wash my buds coz of high humidity. Any pointers? I have hydrogen peroxide 50% from the hortishop. Also, is there a shelf life on H202? I have it about 2-3 years. Was stored in the dark.

xVuydpQ.jpg
2K3ALPi.jpg
MJDaZid.jpg?1

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Green Leaf Organics said:

Just some extra protein in your smoke 🤣 not much you can do at this stage , remove as much as you can by hand 

Yoh Glo, you kinda spoilt my day now. I was hoping to fuck them up for coming inside somehow.

I'm obviously gonna have to disinfect my tent and other plants. H202 in a spray bottle with water and just whack it?? It's 50% strength.

At this stage anything you spray on you will smoke , you could spray H2O2 and slow them down but risk rot because you sprayed at this stage . Almost everything will leave a residue so I reccomend getting in there by hand and or a vacuum and removing as many as you can . I will be roasted for this but honestly it wont hurt you to smoke a mite , a residue will be a lot worse for you

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Thanks for your honest opinion bru. My friend said I should put my plant in a box and pump it full of C02, but that seemed a little drastic. He does that when he gets pests in his terrarium. So tonight it's me, my bitches and the vacuum!

Luckily its just one plant. Sit down with the plant and try and examine as many leaves as you can. As GLO says it really wont hurt you  if there's a mite or few in your smoke you wont know any better. Plus they tend to somehow bugger off or fall off during the drying process. Chances are you've smoked a shit load of mites in your life anyways lol considering you havent always been growing your own bud 😉 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, CG420za said:

Thanks for your honest opinion bru. My friend said I should put my plant in a box and pump it full of C02, but that seemed a little drastic. He does that when he gets pests in his terrarium. So tonight it's me, my bitches and the vacuum!

That isn't a bad option if you are able to execute it.

4 minutes ago, 420SA said:

Luckily its just one plant. Sit down with the plant and try and examine as many leaves as you can. As GLO says it really wont hurt you  if there's a mite or few in your smoke you wont know any better. Plus they tend to somehow bugger off or fall off during the drying process. Chances are you've smoked a shit load of mites in your life anyways lol considering you havent always been growing your own bud 😉 

Awe man, I'm sure I've puffed alot worse than a few mites. It's really not that many. I'm just pissed that they made it into my tent.

4 minutes ago, 420SA said:

That isn't a bad option if you are able to execute it.

It's not that hard hey, I have a 24oz C02 tank and a 2 man tent I can pump it into. But wouldn't that kill my microbes too? And how long would i have to have it there? Like a day?

Be very carefull with co2 bud , a tent is not air tight and co2 will leak out . Co2 is deadly if not used correctly , dont do this in your house . As for co2 killing them i have tried as I run a sealed room and the ppm you need to get to and the time period needed is not easy unless you have  sealed something . If you really want to attempt it I would recommend putting the plant in a big plastic bag and filling the bag with co2 and sealing if off. Leave it in there for 2 hours 

Mmm never heard of Co2 for pests... 

I can imagine it will be effective to some extent... Critters will bugger off when they can't breathe... But I can't imagine it killing them like ozone would... 

Exact same process, but ozone... The O3 molecule oxidizes organic matter and ruptures small bugs breathing systems so that they die... In a small tent you can prob get the job done in an hour.. Including a full sterilization of your tent. 

"oxidizes organic matter" means it will damage your leaves stomata in the process... But you are harvesting soon so it's an acceptable solution 

Sure it's not something you are gonna just whip out your butt... But, you can hire these machines, or get someone to come provide the service. 

11 minutes ago, Green Leaf Organics said:

Be very carefull with co2 bud , a tent is not air tight and co2 will leak out . Co2 is deadly if not used correctly , dont do this in your house . As for co2 killing them i have tried as I run a sealed room and the ppm you need to get to and the time period needed is not easy unless you have  sealed something . If you really want to attempt it I would recommend putting the plant in a big plastic bag and filling the bag with co2 and sealing if off. Leave it in there for 2 hours 

Nah, I'm not gonna do it hey. I'm lazy man. Hahaha! But i know it'll work coz I've seen my mate kill baddies in the tanks he has plant life and frogs in. You can actually see the C02 make like a mist at the bottom of the tank.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, CG420za said:

It's really not that many. I'm just pissed that they made it into my tent.

I've been battling spider mites since November last year. I haven't been able to get rid of them entirely ever since. When I think I've cleared them out they show up again. It never becomes a plague but they never disappear either. They really are cunts! I'm sure it's down to heavy foot traffic in my garage which is where my tents are. It's impossible to keep it as clean as it should be.... Try and be mindful of where you were before you enter your grow area. Change shoes and clothes if necessary.

Once that finished plant is out of there maybe do a spray with neem once a week for 3 or 4 weeks just to make sure that any possible spread can be prevented

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, 420SA said:

I've been battling spider mites since November last year. I haven't been able to get rid of them entirely ever since. When I think I've cleared them out they show up again. It never becomes a plague but they never disappear either. They really are cunts! I'm sure it's down to heavy foot traffic in my garage which is where my tents are. It's impossible to keep it as clean as it should be.... Try and be mindful of where you were before you enter your grow area. Change shoes and clothes if necessary.

Once that finished plant is out of there maybe do a spray with neem once a week for 3 or 4 weeks just to make sure that any possible spread can be prevented

So iv had quite a change of habits over the last few months... I had lost my growing vigor and had mostly left everything to do whatever the hell it wanted to do... And for the most part, I needed to really put in a ton of work to get everything back to a semi structured and functional grow space. 

The reason I tell you this is because one of the pleasant surprises I had was garage spiders made themselves comfortable in my area and I had a rapid decline in all my pests... At a stage I had mites, thrips, white fly, and PM... And all of that went away when I left the spiders to do their thing... 

So I'm not telling you to be a dirty cunt and never clean your grow space... Just know the difference between the good spiders, and the pesky mites, and maybe clean around the webs they make and leave them be for the most part... 

I know it's completely against what you are used to, but hey, you are trying to replicate nature... And there are spiders around the garden doing a good job at keeping pests low... That way you won't need to fork out on IPM as much too. 

Food for thought 

• Like 3