From seed to smoke

CleanGreen

3 hours ago, CleanGreen said:

@Mambawana It kills powdery mildew any other unwanted pathogens and it also kills soft body bugs. In other words the place is sterilized, and no left over residue. Also if you have bad powdery mildew you can give your buds a quick wash in HP after harvest.

It's good that it's working for you. Unfortunately I've had little success with it against any pests or pm.

• Sad 1

Just now, CleanGreen said:

@Mambawana What strength undiluted HP did you use? HP turns to plain water relative quick, as that its water with an extra Oxygen molecule.

I didn't play around to much with the spraying of h2o2 to cure issues. I sprayed some outdoor plants for pm and . It turned the pistils brown. The pm came back in a few days. So I've always afterwards only used it for sterilization and not against pests.

I once had drain flies living in my dwc. I use to remove plants from their buckets and spray the insides, the net pot, under the cover etc. They just came back. So then I use to put the whole root ball and net pot into a h2o2/water mix to try kill larvae in the hydroton/rockwool. They didn't do any damage, it was just freaky seeing larvae swimming in the res. So I bought some neem and it solved the problem one time.

Nowadays I use a handful of different organic pesticides and I try to spray veg plants once a week sometimes every 2 weeks. I dropped the ball recently before Christmas and didn't spray my guinea pig plants and wait a day. I noticed very minor thrip damage in flower room so I just mixed 2 products and sprayed all my veg plants as preventative. Ended up burning all new growth tips and young leaves. I was pissed with myself. Sprayed on Christmas day with a little amino-K and they recovering well. 

Just my 2c, when you can afford to, buy an organic pesticide even if it's just neem.:-peace

• Like 1

A pressure sprayer is a must have for all growers haha... You can get a 1l bottle or the 2l... I went with the 2l... It really does make Foliar a pleasure... Especially if you have a few plants. 

For PM I use a special mix of milk and humic acids and a wetting agent. 

Makes pm vanish, and helps deter little bugs too... Just leaves the grow a Lil stinky... And unsightly... But the plants love the milk... fucken love the milk. 

I bought peroxide once... But as I don't run a sterile DWC setup I have little use for it... I went up to 10% solution trying to get rid of PM but failed sadly... 

Eventually stopped using it for growing and used it with bicarb to get rid of cat piss stains and smells

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, CreX said:

A pressure sprayer is a must have for all growers haha... You can get a 1l bottle or the 2l... I went with the 2l... It really does make Foliar a pleasure... Especially if you have a few plants. 

For PM I use a special mix of milk and humic acids and a wetting agent. 

Makes pm vanish, and helps deter little bugs too... Just leaves the grow a Lil stinky... And unsightly... But the plants love the milk... fucken love the milk. 

I bought peroxide once... But as I don't run a sterile DWC setup I have little use for it... I went up to 10% solution trying to get rid of PM but failed sadly... 

Eventually stopped using it for growing and used it with bicarb to get rid of cat piss stains and smells

@CreX lol mine is 5l but was cheap R129 at Checkers.  Yeah heard about the milk spray... just not sure if i wanna use that indoor.

3 hours ago, Mambawana said:

@CreX 

So I'm guessing you spraying the milk/water mix in flower right? Cos that's when you most likely to get pm.

Doesn't it turn the pistils brown? I would love to give it a try when I spot pm again. 

I did use it in flower, but I don't remember if it browned the pistils actually... No? I would have noted that.. Pistols stayed white... Maybe a bit dirty looking from the humic acids but not brown

@PsyCLown used milk recently maybe he can remember hehe

Edited by CreX
Extra info... Less stoned too
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Mambawana said:

@CreX 

So I'm guessing you spraying the milk/water mix in flower right? Cos that's when you most likely to get pm.

Doesn't it turn the pistils brown? I would love to give it a try when I spot pm again. 

I am sure you asked this question in my STS thread.

It does not brown the pistils, however I did not dilute my milk on the last spray and I feel that caused issues for me so I would recommend diluting the milk with some water - how much exactly, not sure... Maybe 50 to 70% milk.

I also always use a wetting agent when doing any foliar sprays, I use an organic one which works pretty well.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

I am sure you asked this question in my STS thread.

It does not brown the pistils, however I did not dilute my milk on the last spray and I feel that caused issues for me so I would recommend diluting the milk with some water - how much exactly, not sure... Maybe 50 to 70% milk.

I also always use a wetting agent when doing any foliar sprays, I use an organic one which works pretty well.

You just asked me a question in the triacontanol that you have asked me before. We have to keep asking until we try it ourselves then we won't forget.

• Like 1

Hope everyone has recovered form NYE partying, I can finally relax myself did harvest yesterday, took me 5 hrs!!! But an overall good yield. Once again my Sativa girl grew out of control.  Today I sterilized the whole place, and de-dusted the lights (wish they made it easier to clean the fans) The Sativa (generation 7) and Purple Haze (generation 2) clones are in their reservoir, and the flowering girls (generation 6) & ( generation 1 ) under the flowering lights, gave them some LST, well more of an high stress training this time. boom two days of work but all worth it. 

I've not tried flowering only under the cheap flood lights but I am impressed by how they grow during veg and the first two weeks of flowering.

20200101_163700.thumb.jpg.b6756bb7bed8fcfebde3a75c046d1c9a.jpg

Good luck to all you growers out there for 2020!... Mwah 

• Like 1

I have an Acdc 6500k led flood light. 

Rated at 150w, and man... It's fucken great, my veg plants absolutely love it and I think I might get more in the future. 

It pushes out double the luminous intensity as my Nova LED lights. 

Not entirely sure it's full spectrum though, so it might not do as great as you hope in bloom due to that. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, CreX said:

I have an Acdc 6500k led flood light. 

Rated at 150w, and man... It's fucken great, my veg plants absolutely love it and I think I might get more in the future. 

It pushes out double the luminous intensity as my Nova LED lights. 

Not entirely sure it's full spectrum though, so it might not do as great as you hope in bloom due to that. 

@CreX Yeah mine are also 6500k, Flash brand locally made and just for longevity i have a USB fan blowing on them.

They work and they cheap!

Recently I bought their T5 Led tubes to do my cloning, works like a charm!

• Like 1

Breeding update: Pollinated my no name sativa with Purple Haze pollen 13 Nov. Got some nice seeds, cant wait so see the difference btw them, hopefully she wont grow as wild as her mom.
20200102_131224.thumb.jpg.f6dee3d5bc3446be3d26dda1640699fb.jpg
Make sure the seeds and pollen has dried properly, otherwise they can get mould and such.

A good way to prevent that and control the humidity is to use some desiccant. I like to use silica gel, the colour changing ones - that way I know if there is / was an issue and I need to change out the silica.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, CleanGreen said:

AArrggg two of my Dophin 8500 air pumps are fucked, excuse my French! They more as a year old and the rubber part is cracked.... This normal so soon,? I did not expect this from this brand.... Can i get these rubber parts somewhere?

20200121_153008.thumb.jpg.13b1fd4ddc53615250537207bc4e4a95.jpg

I agree with @Mambawana, you can get them pretty much anywhere... 

But buy quite a few extra as they do tend to break frequently. 

Maybe take your pump with as each size pump uses different diaphragm sizes

• Thanks 1

AArrggg two of my Dophin 8500 air pumps are fucked, excuse my French! They more as a year old and the rubber part is cracked.... This normal so soon,? I did not expect this from this brand.... Can i get these rubber parts somewhere?
20200121_153008.thumb.jpg.13b1fd4ddc53615250537207bc4e4a95.jpg
Some Silicone or epoxy will work as an emergency fix as well. Fix cracks and off you go.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1