This early PM?

EvenSteven

Thanks all, worried I'm going to be fighting a losing battle here. Going to be away for 3 weeks next month so won't be able to tend to this, would either of the above eliminate the PM now or should I cut losses and just pull her out now?

Edited by EvenSteven
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Martin7318 said:

I'm finding it interesting how many outdoor grows get PM. Considering airflow is a blaming factor when getting PM indoors. What better airflow than fresh air and wind outside?? 

How does 1 prevent this?

Pm can be quite selective, depending on many factors. No point having airflow but the plants are dense and bushy, they need to be thinned out/defoliated proactively. Don't water from the top if you can help it, especially during flower. Being pro active with your IPM also helps a lot.

I know from previous experience what issues are most likely to occur in my grow, so I prepped for those. (Worms, spidermite, aphids, PM)  

Sometimes PM infects less resistant strains or weak individual plants. We've got outdoor plants next to each other, the Future 1 has no PM, but the Blueberry right next to it had those same PM spots. I had Coppersoap on hand and sorted that out quick as they wern't in flower yet. In flower I'd go 50% mix full cream milk and water or as was mentioned sulphur spray or pot.bicarb depending on your situation.

• Like 4

I join @SkunkPharm with the potassium bicarbonate. If the plant was outside, must be longer as a week flowering by now, we are beginning of March.

Copper and Sulphur work.. but don't spray it on flowers you want to smoke at the end. Is not good for your health as some will stay back inside the flower.. isn't good for the taste anyway! Spray that on during flower and you will get very unfriendly tasting smokes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/4/2022 at 4:55 PM, Martin7318 said:

I'm finding it interesting how many outdoor grows get PM. Considering airflow is a blaming factor when getting PM indoors. What better airflow than fresh air and wind outside?? 

How does 1 prevent this?

The issue outdoors is the rain and RH. Indoors you may have high RH but at least there is no rain falling on your plants combined with the high RH.

Preventative sprays for PM and defol can help though.

• Like 2

On 3/6/2022 at 10:45 AM, PsyCLown said:

The issue outdoors is the rain and RH. Indoors you may have high RH but at least there is no rain falling on your plants combined with the high RH.

Preventative sprays for PM and defol can help though.

Yeah it has been particularly wet and humid this season here in Gauteng.

• Agree 1