Led lights recommended

Fire

Blessed

I've always use HPS for years mostly barelight I found air cool reflectors don't give me the same results but Im thinking about switching to LED...

I've read alot but I'd like to know from someone with a few led harvest done the pro's and cons of LED an which lights are best to buy

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

If you are going to invest money into lights you should go for the bar style lights in my opinion. Your plants can grow closer to the light as you don’t have heat issues with this style of lights. You also have a better foot print. If you look at large commercial facilities in the USA this is the only lights they use. 

• Like 4

I really like Quantum Boards, multiple Quantum boards for added flexibility.

Also allows for better airflow compared to some other larger lights.

Bar lights can be nice, you get loads and can get some which are designed for specific sized tents, however you lose a bit of flexibility with individual height adjustment which can become useful if running multiple strains in the same tent or have plants in different stages in veg etc.

• Like 6

20 hours ago, PsyCLown said:

I really like Quantum Boards, multiple Quantum boards for added flexibility.

Also allows for better airflow compared to some other larger lights.

Bar lights can be nice, you get loads and can get some which are designed for specific sized tents, however you lose a bit of flexibility with individual height adjustment which can become useful if running multiple strains in the same tent or have plants in different stages in veg etc.

So there is the argument and something that i've thought about personally.

The 240w qbs are great and work very well, they are just very strong. I'm going to cut mine in half and extent them out to 75cm. Upgrade my 1m to a 1,2m, and move to totes @CreX. Will do 2 strains in each and still have flexibility in that regard. 

Abit off topic but, indoor growing is all about flexibility, and with soil, you to need flexibility too, so that's the reason for the totes. Will be easier to keep the soil malleable, the size and different states of the soil.

But back to lights, bar lights are still cool.

• Fire! 1

23 hours ago, Golden-Goose said:

I really want to switch to Gavita's new CT2000 LED fixtures, but the initial cost of replacing 10 fixtures is just too much at this point. They are kick ass lights though, and I am a firm believer in the Gavita brand.

How much is that light?

5 minutes ago, Golden-Goose said:

If I ordered directly from Gavita, it would cost me roughly 18 to 20K per light including taxes and shipping. I think I would need an LOA from NRCS though. A bit of a ballache.

Hmmm quite, and have you thought about looking at cheaper kinda-less efficient models? Spider Farm and Mars Hydro's new LEDs look very sick

I'm stuck in my ways brother. I still kind of believe that Gavita double ended HPS is the gold standard for indoor lighting. However, their new CT LED range seems like it might be a game changer. They have put some real R&D into this product. The light it gives off is not "white". It has more red in it than the usual LED offerings. Also, the design of the light makes it a direct 1 to 1 replacement for a 1000w double ended HPS fixture. I'm referring to the real estate it takes up as well as the light footprint. Gavita understands the logistics of a grow room like no other. If you have some spare time, go and watch some of the informational videos on their site. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Golden-Goose said:

This is the light I'm referring to: https://gavita.com/retail/lp-gavita-ct-2000e/

What diodes are the 'white light' diodes? 

For example, the traditional 240W quantum board has 3000k Samsung lm301b diodes [if you're not buying a knockoff] and does not usually come with additional IR or UV diodes. My question is excluding the additional 'red light' diodes in the Gavita LED, I'd like to know what the 'white light' diodes are, and also their Kelvin would great. 

So there is the argument and something that i've thought about personally.
The 240w qbs are great and work very well, they are just very strong. I'm going to cut mine in half and extent them out to 75cm. Upgrade my 1m to a 1,2m, and move to totes @CreX. Will do 2 strains in each and still have flexibility in that regard. 
Abit off topic but, indoor growing is all about flexibility, and with soil, you to need flexibility too, so that's the reason for the totes. Will be easier to keep the soil malleable, the size and different states of the soil.
But back to lights, bar lights are still cool.
Yea, they are quite strong and you can get away with spacing the boards out a bit more if you'd like.

I find their size works well in a 1.2 x 2.4m and 1.2 x 0.6m tent.

As well as some of the smaller square ones -0.8x0.8, 1x1 and 1.2 x 1.2

In a 1.5 x 1.5 the layout of the boards needs to change but it can work well still.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ill_Evan said:

What diodes are the 'white light' diodes? 

For example, the traditional 240W quantum board has 3000k Samsung lm301b diodes [if you're not buying a knockoff] and does not usually come with additional IR or UV diodes. My question is excluding the additional 'red light' diodes in the Gavita LED, I'd like to know what the 'white light' diodes are, and also their Kelvin would great. 

I'm finding out. Will let you know soon.

• Thanks 1