Veg Tent - Log

Naughty.Psychonaut

I like the idea of having a constant thread going rather than creating a new thread everytime, so I will be trying to keep most of my stuff under relative topics for now 🤓

I will start a flower tent log as soon as these ladies move over. 

finally got the time and space to grow out some of the Deluxe Sugarcane cut I got from a forum member quite a while back. grew her out and made a bunch of clones. originally I was planning on running all DS, but that plan was short lived as I got 2 new cuts before I even had the DS rooted 🤦‍♂️ I picked up a Frosted Apricot and a Blueberry Hashplant cut, let's see what we get :-rasta 

20211122_175416.thumb.jpg.649450b50b4fa75abc626f3ee01162ac.jpg

the small cuts are just backups of all the stuff I got in flower currently

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

2 weeks later

quick update here, spotted those dreaded spots on the leaves clearly indicating mite presence 🤦‍♂️ not on my watch!!! very suspect as 2 of these plants where clones picked up at the dagga farmacy in Paarl, they where said to be pest free and I treated them before introducing to the rest of the family, yet they're the only new comers on my property and now my streak of no pests inside my tents has been broken. I emptied the tent, deep cleaned everything with soap and warm water, then a peroxide spray down and another wipe down. had the plants outside, so did a late night full dose Pyrol on all before going back in the tent. the Pyrol obviously had to toast one plant in the process, wasn't light burn as I did this during night time 🤦‍♂️ she's still alive, but a bit behind the others now. at least no signs of mites anymore. going to double up my weekly Neem treatments to twice a week, but lowering the dose a little. only few weeks now before they go into flower, can't risk it now!!

20211211_053446.thumb.jpg.cdcfecdd5373dbeabc6e975d13d713f9.jpg20211211_053434.thumb.jpg.599147b63734aa1bd175fd915f5a72bd.jpg

I moved all 3 of the DS over to the right, one in bottom right corner biggest and fastest grower, yet all cuts of the same plant, soil the same and treatments the same..... strange, just shows how much plasticity has an impact in so many different ways and factors. so we got the Blueberry HashPlant looking sexy and exploding with growth in the top left corner, had to pinch, bend and manipulate her a little to get her closer to the height of the rest. bottom left we got Frosted Apricots, she's the one who took the hit and is now a little behind the others, already made a full recovery though, going strong and not far from catching up 😁 

cuts in the middle is for next run, got a French Macaron - THSeeds cut as a gift from a good friend. 

:-rasta

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

:-rasta  Not much to report on, everything running along smoothe! All 3 the DS plants got about half of the plant chopped back, made a few extra clones. I was told she's stretchy, she was alsmost touching the lights! One of the DS plants is in a 20L pot and is considerably smaller than the rest, the others all in 30L. Seems the FA is going to be the smallest plant, so she gets the middle spot. The tent is about ready will be moving over into flower tent in the next 2 weeks, will be using trellis net to make the canopy more even. Just finishing up in there. 

20220104_153218.thumb.jpg.57955ce4cd2a344e848eb0458dc6fd83.jpg

20220104_153136.thumb.jpg.2a3e27166d3425d7b2e01209cd084e97.jpg

20220104_153106.thumb.jpg.0d5b0d248bb723e426d0ac1e5af7d98d.jpg

• Like 5
  • Fire! 1

• 2 weeks later...

aaaaand a quick little update here aswell, for the ouense 🤓 

So here we have some new stuff. not all, just some. they all got potted up right before their photo was taken, into my mix of recycled FF and 30% wormcastings, watered in with 0.5ml/L of biobizz grow as they look a little hungry 😁 

new stuff - Super Cheeze by Positronics and French Macaron by THSeeds

regrow - Sugarcane Deluxe cutting from forum member 🙏 , Frosted Apricot by Inhouse Genetics and Blueberry Hashplant by Bodhi Seeds 

20220119_183957.thumb.jpg.e570dabcc65eec7dfa4878db92f5b7d7.jpg

I am going to be cooking that same recycled FF with some of Jamies elemental blend for the first time! He is cooking up a batch he sais so by next week I'll get to mixing and watering it in throug a big 100L pot I have, I'll let these plants become rootbound before thinking of using that soil. will also be doing runoff ppm tests. till the numbers look right. got about 14/15 maybe even 16 weeks till flower tent is ready so that's more that enough time 🤙

:-trip

• Like 3
  • Fire! 1

9 hours ago, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

aaaaand a quick little update here aswell, for the ouense 🤓 

So here we have some new stuff. not all, just some. they all got potted up right before their photo was taken, into my mix of recycled FF and 30% wormcastings, watered in with 0.5ml/L of biobizz grow as they look a little hungry 😁 

new stuff - Super Cheeze by Positronics and French Macaron by THSeeds

regrow - Sugarcane Deluxe cutting from forum member 🙏 , Frosted Apricot by Inhouse Genetics and Blueberry Hashplant by Bodhi Seeds 

20220119_183957.thumb.jpg.e570dabcc65eec7dfa4878db92f5b7d7.jpg

I am going to be cooking that same recycled FF with some of Jamies elemental blend for the first time! He is cooking up a batch he sais so by next week I'll get to mixing and watering it in throug a big 100L pot I have, I'll let these plants become rootbound before thinking of using that soil. will also be doing runoff ppm tests. till the numbers look right. got about 14/15 maybe even 16 weeks till flower tent is ready so that's more that enough time 🤙

:-trip

Keen to see that blueberry hashplant by bodhi turn out! 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

Same here 😁 got one in the flower room too, first time I'll see her expressions. Got the cut from Natie at Dagga Farmacy in Paarl. all his cuttings are selected phenos so it should be something worth while! 

Yes, then it should be a winner! I want to try their White widow from greenhouse seed co as well.  

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, ORGANinc. said:

Yes, then it should be a winner! I want to try their White widow from greenhouse seed co as well.  

oh yeah, I have heard great things about WW all around, should be something interesting! 

bit of nostalgia 😁 my first indoor bud I ever smoked was WW. paid R75/g in 2009, I was used to paying between R10 - R20 for some ditchweed and being completely satisfied so just the price of this stuff blew my mind-hole. Needless to say, the first smoke made me forget the amount it cost. a few months passed and I wanted to treat myself again, same guy still with WW like some WW wave hit western cape, this time the bud was straight R100/g. naturally I was put off and decided not to do it as I was still in school at the time and it just seemed like a ridiculous amount to spend on weed. So I let the thought go. That same year for new years my friend and I where all set to have a good time and both still had some extra cash so we decided it's time... went to the weed guy.... R150/g now.... 😪 never seen such quick and drastic price fluctuations with weed, since then the prices have pretty much parked it at 150 average. range from R120 to R200. 

though we have all come across some lunatic trying to sell weed for R250/g they claim god himself grew with his own shit as fertilizer or something. to those guys we don't pay much attention though 😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

though we have all come across some lunatic trying to sell weed for R250/g they claim god himself grew with his own shit as fertilizer or something. to those guys we don't pay much attention though

LOL I hear you man!! I have only met one dealer who lived up to the expectation of what R250 weed is in the minds of most...

the rest have shocked me with what goes for 150!!

thank goodness we switched years a go to home grown 😁

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

150... who would today still pay 150 for a gram? Prices in my area for indoor hover around 65-80 rand a gram. Not sure will still be like that after April when Eskom goes 20.5% up in price again.

250 you can ask for a 75 micron indoor hash.. ^^ 150 will for sure cover your cost when you run a small tent to grow your own weed. 65 and not that sure anymore, could be a even game.. depending with what quality material you work with.

Funny that somewhere prices went up the last 2 years... should have fallen rather then raise.. loads of people lost the fear to grow at home. ^^

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CreX said:

LOL I hear you man!! I have only met one dealer who lived up to the expectation of what R250 weed is in the minds of most...

the rest have shocked me with what goes for 150!!

thank goodness we switched years a go to home grown 😁

lol can you imagine buying a g for 150 then you smoke 2 small joints and klaar 😅 that's some bullshit if I ever came across any!! 

growing really does spoil a person 🥳 

29 minutes ago, Ill_Evan said:

Sounds like a new dealer that got a bit excited at how much people were willing to pay for bud 😆

hahahaha yeah I also thought the guy to be a noob, but his business is actually booming right now because of him. I got to know the guy in 2002, I was very very young, but I knew what the people where doing there. FFW to 2007/8 I knew where to go to find weed without having to deal with dodgy inner city characters. coincidently found the same guy after going to the same area a couple times. brought up something I remembered from when I was there in 2002, he remembered me and the people who I was there with 😄 struck up a really good connection with this Rasta. I became a peice of furnature in their house, going there to spend hours sitting and smoking and once had a snoek supper with the King and his family, felt super out of place but also very very welcoming! Turns out his family have been surviving for the past 3 generations off just selling weed. in 2012 he bough the first car ever owned by his family, pretty big deal for them at the time. now the dude has people driving cars doing deliveries for him. he has a couple taxis and he started a gardening and landscaping service on his own. the guy is pomping the $$$ these days. 

21 minutes ago, CreX said:

all i know is dont go buy your mary jane in the fancy parts of town because it comes with a fancy price

exactly why not to buy weed in CPT CBD. you'll be coughing up blood hearing those prices.... r200 for half a gram of poo 🤦‍♂️ 

22 minutes ago, Prom said:

150... who would today still pay 150 for a gram? Prices in my area for indoor hover around 65-80 rand a gram. Not sure will still be like that after April when Eskom goes 20.5% up in price again.

250 you can ask for a 75 micron indoor hash.. ^^ 150 will for sure cover your cost when you run a small tent to grow your own weed. 65 and not that sure anymore, could be a even game.. depending with what quality material you work with.

Funny that somewhere prices went up the last 2 years... should have fallen rather then raise.. loads of people lost the fear to grow at home. ^^

you in blaauwberg? you must have really good network there bud, because I can easily find a 150/g bud there in your area. like real easy. 

if you're a grower it's another thing, because between me and my close friends we just give eachother weed. there is no way in hell someone, not even a strict dealer, will get me to pay even close to 150/g, because of the fact that I grow myself. It's harder to lie to someone about the value of something if they deal with it themself. 

but to say that people don't ask 150/g anymore is not accurate. 

you know about Natures Farmacy? they cater to the general public. anything below 150 is not worth time or money. most dealers ask most people around 150. it's just you that got the right stuff and right people around you to be lucky enough to get top shelf for that low price. and I am assuming it's top shelf because who still talks about mids? it's a network peronalised to you, not to the whole structure of cannabis selling. which is technically illegal still, so without any regulations you can't really say what the price "must" and "must not" be. 

• Like 2

It regulates itself by demand and offer. ^^ I know a grow shop forking good weed for 65 a gram. They even had visit from the cops.. but they only checked if they have Tik or shit like that. They completely ignored the weed in the shop and was over a kg at the time of the visit. My personal guess is that law wise you can act like the draft from 2019 got implemented and the new draft is to go 100% legal. They were forced to implement by 2020, they failed to match the deadline.. what does mean it is legal by terms of the court... they said must be implemented in 2020.. so now.. cops don't even seem to bother anymore. What is relaxing ^^ 65-80R a gram... that is a bit the range down here.. and if you pay more.. then I would suggest to put up a little tent and grow your own weed. Not even your landlord can prevent you from doing so.. you have the right by law to grow your own weed. And not letting someone doing so is actually limiting their right as citizen.. and you can sue them... ^^ the world starts to walk the right path again 😉 

If you get charged 150... look for a new source.. is my suggestion. Not everybody is as greedy as the person next to you 😛

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

these plants may have been stunted, from the previous photo it's clear to see that they where a bit hungry, it took them a few days to settle into the soil, but they got their roots in now and it seems growth has finally kicked in. better colour on all the leaves aswell. I am happy 🤠

one plant in this run has changed, got a Chernobyl cutting, TGA genetics, it will be replacing the Deluxe Sugarcane for this run as I have some DS buds in jars and another 3 plants in flower so I will have a load of DS for a while, keeping a mother around for sure 🤩 

haven't smoked Chernobyl, have only heard good things 🤘 making me think about the Hitler discussion from a while back 😅

anyway, here they are, only the 5 in the bigger pots

20220207_151626.thumb.jpg.93959a5d5043a14e5aaf4d34072c4838.jpg

• Like 4

FUCKen Chernobyl was a horrendous event that should never be carried over as a weed strain name for Shit, dam, Fuggits sake! 🙄 

But in all honestly, I do believe there is power is words and names. Ill put it this way, i'm not in anyway inclined to go out of my way to find Mr Hitlers strain or Chernobyl.

either way keep on keeping ooon!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ORGANinc. said:

FUCKen Chernobyl was a horrendous event that should never be carried over as a weed strain name for Shit, dam, Fuggits sake! 🙄 

But in all honestly, I do believe there is power is words and names. Ill put it this way, i'm not in anyway inclined to go out of my way to find Mr Hitlers strain or Chernobyl.

either way keep on keeping ooon!

well, shit... you're missing out man 😅 those are two amazing strains you turning your back on! if you do dna sequencing on those plants it wont say hitler and chernobyl, they'll give a code number/name. the generic names really have very little to do with it. the name is just a stupid lable to be able to easily identify it amongst others for the general public it's easier to remember something like hitler or chernobyl, than to remember something like "PX12JFMS976" 

not trying to change anyones mind, but honestly you wouldn't even know if you where smoking those strains till someone told you what it is and just going off that fact alone it's kinda hard to understand what the hate is all about. both hitler and chernobyl are amazing strains.

smoking or growing or naming strains those names doesn't support the events in any kinda way 🤷‍♂️ it's not like we are sending money to the institution of Hitler by indulging in that strain. it's not even his strain, it's just a strain. 

shock value is a marketing tactic. you know the strain called lambs breath? it's not quite chernobyl or hitler, but it's offensive nonetheless. or do people really like the breath of a lamb? same with stuff like gorilla glue, garlic sherbert, herijuana, AK47, trainwreck, god bud, cat piss, skunk, amnesia, durban poison... who really wants to smoke any of that stuff or even be thinking about those stuff when smoking? those are all terrible things in general, but ask yourself why do they make such good weed names? cause they're offensive. 

do you get reminded of what a joyfull even a trainwreck is when you smoke trainwreck or is it the smell of a trainwreck that is nice? maybe because people like sending money to make more trainwrecks happen? just imagine you actually lost a loved one in a trainwreck, and the best medicine for you is in trainwreck weed, but you don't want the healing cause you don't like the name very much. kinda funny and again shows how little the name has anything to do with the weed itself. ✌🤠 

• Like 2

in my lifetime I have gone through a whole bunch of phases, I have been complete different people at different times in my life, my name has never defined me and it never will. it's just an easy way to call me out from the crowd. 

I believe the metaphysical realm only exists to humans, the power of words people speak of, they don't exist to any other species on earth. Humans created that power in their own minds. 

the true power is the mind itself. 

call your dog over, shout at him that you love him and a angry tone and watch his reaction - he'll get scared. now tell him you hate him in a loving tone and see how he reacts - he'll show loving affection. this experiment alone shows you only words only effect humans a certain way because we create that power for them to do so in our own minds. 

same situation with plants, you know how plants react to music? you can literally play deathmetal lyrics in symphonic melodic no harsh tunes and the plants will be loving life. same with vice versa, play loving lyrics with a deathmetal tune the plant won't like it very much. because there are no power in words. only in the metaphysical realm, but that also only exists in the human mind. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

well, shit... you're missing out man 😅 those are two amazing strains you turning your back on! if you do dna sequencing on those plants it wont say hitler and chernobyl, they'll give a code number/name. the generic names really have very little to do with it. the name is just a stupid lable to be able to easily identify it amongst others for the general public it's easier to remember something like hitler or chernobyl, than to remember something like "PX12JFMS976" 

not trying to change anyones mind, but honestly you wouldn't even know if you where smoking those strains till someone told you what it is and just going off that fact alone it's kinda hard to understand what the hate is all about. both hitler and chernobyl are amazing strains.

smoking or growing or naming strains those names doesn't support the events in any kinda way 🤷‍♂️ it's not like we are sending money to the institution of Hitler by indulging in that strain. it's not even his strain, it's just a strain. 

shock value is a marketing tactic. you know the strain called lambs breath? it's not quite chernobyl or hitler, but it's offensive nonetheless. or do people really like the breath of a lamb? same with stuff like gorilla glue, garlic sherbert, herijuana, AK47, trainwreck, god bud, cat piss, skunk, amnesia, durban poison... who really wants to smoke any of that stuff or even be thinking about those stuff when smoking? those are all terrible things in general, but ask yourself why do they make such good weed names? cause they're offensive. 

do you get reminded of what a joyfull even a trainwreck is when you smoke trainwreck or is it the smell of a trainwreck that is nice? maybe because people like sending money to make more trainwrecks happen? just imagine you actually lost a loved one in a trainwreck, and the best medicine for you is in trainwreck weed, but you don't want the healing cause you don't like the name very much. kinda funny and again shows how little the name has anything to do with the weed itself. ✌🤠 

I appreciate how much time you spend on explaining thoroughly what certain things mean, and I definitely see your point about stupid names. They are just names, and are specifically designed to create a response. Like you say, its all marketing. If they can get you in that state of shock about what ever they are selling, then they at least have a lasting impression. 

You see, I'm a bit more of the flying in the sky type rather than the natural or logical state of things. You see names, I see something else. The weed can be as good as anything bud, I just don't see the need in indulging carnal or reactive impulses. I like to read the bible, and there may be some people who think they have it all figured out, and surely a book from way back when isn't the answer to a new and transformed world, but at the end of the day, given the time to understand and you will see, the relevance is uncanny. 

Everyone has their own perception of things, bound by our own limitations, we cant see further than that. We are just unable. That's why logically some things seem one way and that's the end of it. 

Now going back to the weed, if given the chance, I by some flook had to smoke either of the 2 and enjoyed it a ''HELL of alot'' - See what I did there. Enjoyed it to ''DEATH''. These things we being programed into us from the very beginning. Regardless, I still don't accept death or any portions thereof. Ever conscience of my undeserved righteousness.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

in my lifetime I have gone through a whole bunch of phases, I have been complete different people at different times in my life, my name has never defined me and it never will. it's just an easy way to call me out from the crowd. 

I believe the metaphysical realm only exists to humans, the power of words people speak of, they don't exist to any other species on earth. Humans created that power in their own minds. 

the true power is the mind itself. 

call your dog over, shout at him that you love him and a angry tone and watch his reaction - he'll get scared. now tell him you hate him in a loving tone and see how he reacts - he'll show loving affection. this experiment alone shows you only words only effect humans a certain way because we create that power for them to do so in our own minds. 

same situation with plants, you know how plants react to music? you can literally play deathmetal lyrics in symphonic melodic no harsh tunes and the plants will be loving life. same with vice versa, play loving lyrics with a deathmetal tune the plant won't like it very much. because there are no power in words. only in the metaphysical realm, but that also only exists in the human mind. 

Thanks again for explaining further brother, I appreciate it. 

Yes dogs don't understand bad words so tone is everything in those circumstances. But funny enough we don't understand frequency or vibration. This here is effective with the absence of words. Someone is in a bad mood, you can feel it but not 100 percent sure what is a miss. 

I will respectfully end this conversation here. We both spiritual people. 😎

• Like 2