Jump to content

What temp do you vape at?


PsyCLown
 Share

Recommended Posts

Soo, I saw @Prom posted a link to this site in another vape related thread: https://www.getmyster.com/blogs/blog/what-are-the-best-temperatures-for-vaping-weed

 

 

Got me thinking, what temp do you guys vape at and what vape(s) do you use?

I use a Davinci IQ2 and I vape between 190C and 195C

If I set the temp higher it starts to get a bit harsh for me. I also find towards the end of the vape session, even if it is set to a specific temperature and not one of the smart path modes, it feels as if the temp does increase a bit and the harshness increases a little towards the end of the session.

@The_StonedTrooper Do you notice the same with your IQ2 ?

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/1/2021 at 1:57 PM, PsyCLown said:

Soo, I saw @Prom posted a link to this site in another vape related thread: https://www.getmyster.com/blogs/blog/what-are-the-best-temperatures-for-vaping-weed

 

 

Got me thinking, what temp do you guys vape at and what vape(s) do you use?

I use a Davinci IQ2 and I vape between 190C and 195C

If I set the temp higher it starts to get a bit harsh for me. I also find towards the end of the vape session, even if it is set to a specific temperature and not one of the smart path modes, it feels as if the temp does increase a bit and the harshness increases a little towards the end of the session.

@The_StonedTrooper Do you notice the same with your IQ2 ?

Yes I' do in fact...

That will happen with conduction vapes more so, as the longer the oven is at that set temperature, the long it has to conduct and deeper it penetrates. More so over the convection as it's the same temp, only going over the oven, when pulled on.

Smart path, na thank you. 190 to 195 spot on, depending on Terps and strains 

You can always vape it higher after, or just vape it longer at lower temps.

Flavor over high for me

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Ill_Evan said:

My vape just has a dial and no temp sensor so I just wing it :investigating I do try to go on the lighter side though as the heating element is quite beefy and anything past a certain point just combusts... not cool! 

Anything over 210 on the IQ2 and you get some combustion on the outside edge of the oven.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, The_StonedTrooper said:

Yes I' do in fact...

That will happen with conduction vapes more so, as the longer the oven is at that set temperature, the long it has to conduct and deeper it penetrates. More so over the convection as it's the same temp, only going over the oven, when pulled on.

 This makes sense I guess, I was hoping the temp controllers would try and counter this to keep the temp steady and stable.

 

I have noticed the same on other dry herb vapes too though. Nothing new or specific to the IQ2.

Also noticed it on a convection dry herb vape.

 

I guess it is just heat soak of sorts, heating up other parts of the device as time goes on and just an overall slight increase in temp.

Really not the end of the world, was wondering if it was just me or not. 😄 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 7 months later...
Posted (edited)

I have two Dynavap vapes. On one of my birthdays, two of my friends bought me two identical vapes. We were laughing that day. Of course, I accepted both of their gifts, and now I have a spare vape. I never vape at temperatures above 100 C because it feels uncomfortable for me. Moreover, this way, I can burn the coil. Of course, I shouldn't be afraid of such consequences with a spare vape. However, I don't want to cough awkwardly after hot vapor. I add only menthol vape juices into the cartridge, which can smooth out a burned throat. But I still hate the high temperature. I believe that the optimal temperature for pleasant and satisfying vaping is 60-80C.

Edited by salihajeff
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/1/2022 at 6:48 PM, salihajeff said:

I have two Dynavap vapes. On one of my birthdays, two of my friends bought me two identical vapes. We were laughing that day. Of course, I accepted both of their gifts, and now I have a spare vape. I never vape at temperatures above 100 C because it feels uncomfortable for me. Moreover, this way, I can burn the coil. Of course, I shouldn't be afraid of such consequences with a spare vape. However, I don't want to cough awkwardly after hot vapor. I add only menthol vape juices into the cartridge, which can smooth out a burned throat. But I still hate the high temperature. I believe that the optimal temperature for pleasant and satisfying vaping is 60-80C.

I fully agree with you.

Edited by williamclark
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My vape is set at 428 F (220 C) constantly. I do smoke the gool ol Golden Virginia green packet rollies...Anything lower feels a bit pap hey. Higher is also cool. Lekker thick clouds and a harder hit to the dome.

Edited by Weskush
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...