a Different Kinda Indoor Growing ๐Ÿ„

Naughty.Psychonaut

23 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

Where is the contamination and what is the medium? Looks like vermiculite only?

Howzit bru. The green discolouration. The mycelium is suppose to be white correct?

Substrate isย vermiculite and brown rice flour according to description on B&B's site.

Edited by Weskush
Grammar
  • Like 2

oh man, sorry brother, this one goes to the binย 

20220202_115839.thumb.jpg.98bb4238456942b44aea02a3b0348c0e.jpg

all this is thrichoderma, good for soil. but don't even open it in your sterile area and don't touch it directly. those plastic tubs are cheap, throw the whole thing away. if it was a glass jar I would tell you how to dispose of it, but even then you would wana be carefull.ย 

trichoderma is very agressive and spreads it's spores very easily, it's the biggest threatย toย any mycology work. ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ

where did you get the syringe from? you got more culture in there? what strain of psilocybe is it?ย 

1 hour ago, PsyCLown said:

Where is the contamination and what is the medium? Looks like vermiculite only?

it's brf then the top 1/2cm is just vermiculite. this usually helps with contamination, but in this case I think the LC itself was contaminated

• Like 1

Just now, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

oh man, sorry brother, this one goes to the binย 

20220202_115839.thumb.jpg.98bb4238456942b44aea02a3b0348c0e.jpg

all this is thrichoderma, good for soil. but don't even open it in your sterile area and don't touch it directly. those plastic tubs are cheap, throw the whole thing away. if it was a glass jar I would tell you how to dispose of it, but even then you would wana be carefull.ย 

trichoderma is very agressive and spreads it's spores very easily, it's the biggest threatย toย any mycology work. ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ

where did you get the syringe from? you got more culture in there? what strain of psilocybe is it?ย 

it's brf then the top 1/2cm is just vermiculite. this usually helps with contamination, but in this case I think the LC itself was contaminated

Shot bru. It was PF Classic spore syringe and PF Tek kit.ย I used everything. From B&B's site by The Mushroomry if i stand correct. Will dispose and start over.

• Like 1

Just now, Weskush said:

@Naughty.Psychonaut do i only inject in the self healing injection port on the side and leave the middle breather strip as is? Kit came with no instructions. Emailed b&b and hopefully they can advise. Otherwise i'll keep trying until i get it right.

did you get it from b&b? damn... no instructions is poor, this takes some know-how.ย 

you inject only the injection port, yes. but the fact that it only has one injection port is also very poorly done.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

PF tek means Psilocybe Fanaticus technique, it's not a strain, it refers to the technique a person uses to grow psilocyin containing mushrooms. usually talking bout the old school method of using brown rice flour and vermiculite as a substrate and making "cakes" also known as BRF cakes.ย 

this is what you where doing, but the strain of mushroom you grew must have been given to you at some point during the exchange, usually psilocybe cubensis.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Weskush said:

Shot bru. It was PF Classic spore syringe and PF Tek kit.ย I used everything. From B&B's site by The Mushroomry if i stand correct. Will dispose and start over.

They lable them as spore syringes, but they're actually liquid culture syringes. That's because the already germinated spores and culture form of the mushroom awell as the mushroom itself is all illegal, so they have to sayย they're spores.ย 

I had toย dig up an old email from 2020, discussing this with Dave from MyShrooms,ย he confirms it.ย 

here is my email to him

20220202_123219.thumb.jpg.ccd52a9e836582b2ae23972ff4077866.jpg

here's the replyย 

20220202_123325.thumb.jpg.09ffd23c3c3e09d58391ba02412a581f.jpg

but no stress, it's actually better that way.ย if you still have a few drops of culture I could possibly still save you ๐Ÿ„๐Ÿ„

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

PF tek means Psilocybe Fanaticus technique, it's not a strain, it refers to the technique a person uses to grow psilocyin containing mushrooms. usually talking bout the old school method of using brown rice flour and vermiculite as a substrate and making "cakes" also known as BRF cakes.ย 

this is what you where doing, but the strain of mushroom you grew must have been given to you at some point during the exchange, usually psilocybe cubensis.

Shot for all the info. Yes i am aware that PF Tek is the method and the spore syringe strain was PF Classic. Was recommended to use this strain in conjunction with PF Tek method.ย Hopefully B&B will sort me out otherwise i will try Myshrooms, which are the supplier. Let's see. Will keep updated

• Like 2

Howzit bru. The green discolouration. The mycelium is suppose to be white correct?
Substrate isย vermiculite and brown rice flour according to description on B&B's site.
It's difficult for me to notice that unfortunately.

The medium looked a bit different to what I recall.
Seems you're sorted though.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I had a look now on B&B and it turns out the "PF classic" is actually a strain, that was named after the pf tek, that was made famous by the same man who named it.ย I learn something new every day ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธย 

I know when I look up Psilocybe species nothing of the sorts comes up, no mention of PF classic as a species of psilocybe.ย 

If you wana knowย everything there is to know about any psilocybin containing mushrooms, even the few of those outside of the psilocybe genus group, check out Allan Rockefeller. Dude is currently the lead mycologist inย the worldย with a focus on psychoactice mushrooms,ย pushing out the most information ever on mushroom mycroscopy than anyone has ever before. and it's just him doing it alone and he is doing it from a lab he put together himself. didn't study a thing. check this video...ย 

notice what he said at 19:30

"if any of this shit is flying over your heads don't worry about it, you hear these words enough you go read up about them. you can use the internet to look at pictures of butts and food or you can use it to teach yourself something"ย ย 

and at 26:20ย 

"no,ย I didn't go to school, I just started doing it"

shits inspirational hahahah ๐Ÿ˜

@Weskushย brother, I am sorry if I missed it, but do you still have anything in the syringe? did you empty the syringe ino the tub, or you saved a few drops?ย 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Weskush said:

@Biltong and Budzย are sending me a replacement. Prompt response and service from their side๐Ÿ‘Œ

Will give it another go๐Ÿ„

Wishing you the best of luck my man. I've actually low-key been checking on MyShrooms and the PF Tek methods and such for a little while now and am watching your journey from a distance. If it goes well I might jump on it tooย ๐Ÿค“

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ill_Evan said:

Wishing you the best of luck my man. I've actually low-key been checking on MyShrooms and the PF Tek methods and such for a little while now and am watching your journey from a distance. If it goes well I might jump on it tooย ๐Ÿค“

Do it! Do it! Do it! ๐Ÿ˜ย 

I believe mushrooms have way more health benefits than weed, and if you can grow a psilocybe you can grow a whole bunch of different mushrooms. the understanding is mostly the same, just the resources that's gona differ. such as the substrates different mushrooms prefer and different environmental conditions.ย ย 

once you get the hang of it, it can be extremely cheap. way cheaper than growing weed and takes less space.

31 minutes ago, Weskush said:

@Biltong and Budzย are sending me a replacement. Prompt response and service from their side๐Ÿ‘Œ

Will give it another go๐Ÿ„

That's awesome of them, excellent service! I wonder how many times they'll send you a replacement? Till you get it right hahah this actually gives me confidence to order from them ๐Ÿ˜„ have ordered many of these syringes and never got replacements!ย 

before you get started this time. do you have a pressure cooker? if not you can use a normal pot, but I would suggest steam cooking your BRF cake before doing anything. and get 70% rubbing alcohol for this, works best for many reasons. anything higher will evaporate too quick to kill anything. I use 70% wintergreen rubbing alcohol from dischem.ย 

prep your area, close all windows, wipe away all dust, then spray 70% alcohol and wipe down the surface where you gona do inoculation.ย get a big tub you cac put over your brf jar and syringe, spray and wipe down the inside of the tub. spray the brf jar and syringe both so they're dripping alcohol, put them on a paper towel and put the tub over them so that no dust falls down on them.ย 

this is a good time to put on a mask and some gloves, grab another few paper towels, spray and wipe down your gloves and fore arms just outside of the glove, grab a paper towel and carefully lift the tub an don't create a wind with your arms or hands as you move. like you doing operation, you got a mask on also not to breathe germs onto everything. so be sure there is no air moving around. wipe down the brf jar, carefully lift the tub back up, put the brf jar back under the tub, leave a alcohol soaked paper towel ontop of the injection port, as you take the syringe out from under the tub and wipe that down aswell. now lift the tub again carefully and set it aside, take a lighter and flame sterilise your syringe needle, take the alcohol soaked paper towel you left ontop of the brf jar and wipe it down nicely, as you lift the jar you slide in the needle and as you inject the liquid you move the syringe around so you can spread the liquid in the jar and not inoculate it all in one place.ย 

here is a video on the pftek kit from MyShrooms. also a good step by step, but there are few things I would do differently.ย 

ย 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow 1

what would work even better, is a still air box.ย now that you growing mushrooms, you should look into this, gona change the game.ย 

the tub I mentioned above, it can be a real big one. infact the bigger the better. if you can get the biggest tub, do it, then cut 2 holes for your hands in the side. then you never have to lift the tub at all, you just stick your hands in and do everything inside there. remember to still wear mask and gloves and spray and wipe down everything.ย 

but like this.... took a photo from google

SAB-sitting.thumb.jpg.6eb56d5a07a9f7334528bc217cbafb62.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/5/2022 at 7:20 AM, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

WHAT'S GOOOOD, BOYS AND GIRLS OF 2022!!! ๐Ÿค ย 

fuck the big C word we shall not speak of, we all made it this far in the shit show, so let's make some lemonade, shall we!? ๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿ‹

Moving into the new year with a BANGER!!!!!!! ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿฅณ things have been looking up, so over the last few months I been busyย turning a backyard hobby / hustle into a registered business, getting our commercial licensing done as we speak ๐Ÿค˜

I will leave the nitty gritty for the papers,ย but holy hell starting up a business has probably never been more of a headache!!!! Really trying to tame the bull wanting to get anything done that means help from the government. Took them 2 months to send a health and safety inspector to come spend 30min at our new site.... pathetic....ย 

that's right.... our new site!!!! ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿคฉ

20220104_085337.thumb.jpg.6308a1669c10a40dc0b032fcd369cb56.jpg

bigger and better!!!ย 

we will be installing isoboard rooms with full climate control shortlyย ๐Ÿ„๐Ÿ„๐Ÿ„๐Ÿ„๐Ÿ„๐Ÿ„ย 

Hey bro. Hope all is good in the hood there.

How is the project coming along? Would love an update.

I tried my hand at some golden oyster mushrooms and it came out kick ass. Went super nicely with a pasta.

IMG-20220307-WA0003.thumb.jpg.22ed81439f2843dd83a75ba44270fbad.jpg

IMG-20220307-WA0004.thumb.jpg.991cf44b91db00aab3025223bcad79c6.jpg

IMG-20220307-WA0005.thumb.jpg.c1f913bc7c108d4c404c70436d9acc5a.jpg

• Like 2
  • Fire! 4

10 hours ago, John Stonedwell said:

Hey bro. Hope all is good in the hood there.

How is the project coming along? Would love an update.

I tried my hand at some golden oyster mushrooms and it came out kick ass. Went super nicely with a pasta.

IMG-20220307-WA0003.thumb.jpg.22ed81439f2843dd83a75ba44270fbad.jpg

IMG-20220307-WA0004.thumb.jpg.991cf44b91db00aab3025223bcad79c6.jpg

IMG-20220307-WA0005.thumb.jpg.c1f913bc7c108d4c404c70436d9acc5a.jpg

Well done @John Stonedwellย !! ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿ„

those mushrooms look nice! did you do the inoculation yourself or did you buy one of those ready to fruit bags?ย 

Regarding my grow setup, we hit a huge bump in the road with the electrical team. Now none of the buildings have any electricity!! ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธย there's some major headbumping and finger pointingย going on at the moment between the comercial facility agents, theย building contractors and the governments electrical department and it seems it's going to take a while still.

The area of land belongs to one person, the building is a add on to a already exsisting establishment, when the government team came out to changeย the load capacityย of the nearest power box to accommodateย the establishment with all the different commercial facilities, they found a whole bunc of illegal wiring going on, so naturally they just cut the wires without regards to who they're cutting off. Turns outย theย previous building contractor who built the first part of the establishment had a long battle with the government and ended up going the illegal route, now we have to play blown noseย kiss ass with the government and clean up after other idiots ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธย 

anyway, taking baby steps, because that's the best our government can do ๐Ÿ˜”ย 

on the side I am busy with new commercial agents looking for a whole new facility, because this is a joke, just using that place as storage now. luckily I am not and have not been paying a cent ๐Ÿ‘ย 

๐Ÿ„๐Ÿ„๐Ÿ„ย 

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
  • Sad 2

41 minutes ago, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

Well done @John Stonedwellย !! ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿ„

those mushrooms look nice! did you do the inoculation yourself or did you buy one of those ready to fruit bags?ย 

Regarding my grow setup, we hit a huge bump in the road with the electrical team. Now none of the buildings have any electricity!! ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธย there's some major headbumping and finger pointingย going on at the moment between the comercial facility agents, theย building contractors and the governments electrical department and it seems it's going to take a while still.

The area of land belongs to one person, the building is a add on to a already exsisting establishment, when the government team came out to changeย the load capacityย of the nearest power box to accommodateย the establishment with all the different commercial facilities, they found a whole bunc of illegal wiring going on, so naturally they just cut the wires without regards to who they're cutting off. Turns outย theย previous building contractor who built the first part of the establishment had a long battle with the government and ended up going the illegal route, now we have to play blown noseย kiss ass with the government and clean up after other idiots ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธย 

anyway, taking baby steps, because that's the best our government can do ๐Ÿ˜”ย 

on the side I am busy with new commercial agents looking for a whole new facility, because this is a joke, just using that place as storage now. luckily I am not and have not been paying a cent ๐Ÿ‘ย 

๐Ÿ„๐Ÿ„๐Ÿ„ย 

Started with baby steps, got a ready to fruit bag just to see if I can understand the grow pattern and environmental requirements. Might move along to try to whole inoculation route in the future.

Very sorry to hear about that shit situation man.. really not cool if you have invested a lot of time, atleast the monetary impact is not that bad.ย 

Good luck with the search man, I hope you get a nice space to grow some beauties. Keep us posted and all of the bestย :-thumbsup

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1