Curly & brown edges on leaves.

West Coast Vaper

@DamDave, I would get more info on them and read some constructive criticism about them, reviews and such.

I would consider the options the forum offers before going with that light. 

It does look a bit more decent than a standard blurple... But in saying that, it is just not that many leds and you might need a few to make it worth your while. 

4 grand can get you some very decent lights that are proven to be head and shoulders above most internet bought lights 

• Agree 1

Hmmm, glad its sorted but you said you had 15 and 3 or so burnt or had the dry leaves.
Was the burnt / damaged plants the ones closer to the light?
Still feel it was the transplanting, 
As @CreX says, the wind wont do much damage and is actually good for strengthening and evaporation. 
Yeah, they were closest to the led tube. I'm also leaning towards the transplant theory.
We tend to get strong gust's of wind here so that was something to consider.

Sent from my DRA-LX5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The wind would need to be pulling those leaves at a constant and flapping them around that they damage. Doubt the wind did it, they need good air flow.

The light possible and or the transplanting 

Please, take some time and check out what @CreX said about the lights, extremely good information. 

Dont want to see someone waste their money or time.

• Like 1

Probably just in terms of lumens per meter. 3000W of HPS (3 x 1000W HPS) in terms of yield will absolutely decimate this LED  no doubts 
Lmao these blurple companies make me laugh when they put their HPS equivalent values on the spec sheets...
130w?!?! Compared to a 3000w power-hungry HPS setup?
LOL, naaaaaah bro

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

I'm pulling around a 1000w now with everything going, and do not, I repeat, do not want to pay what 3x that is, my Fok
Shot aye bro, my setup is edging towards 500w draw right now, which is why I'm looking to order some QBs... Could double the space and use the same power I'm running now.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, CreX said:

Nominal power - 3000w

Total draw - 130w

Thanks @Ill_Evan

@DamDave please reconsider for your own benifit 

@DamDave:

Morning Bud's. I'm heading out of the farmlands to Cape Town today and a Greensindoor quantum board 400w is up for sale.
Will I be wasting a grand buying this as I really want to upgrade from cfl's. I was gonna diy for about the same price.
Please help, getting really confused with so many options.

https://www.420sa.co.za/topic/3961-led-advice/

@CreX he's posting in two threads about this LED. He said he could get this LED for R1k, otherwise he would DIY with a what seems to be a 100W Meanwell driver and what I would assume would be LED strips. 

That LED he's posting about has 130W draw from the wall, so I'd have to say for a grand I'd go for the LED over DIY. 

• Like 1

Nominal power - 3000w
Total draw - 130w
Thanks @Ill_Evan
@DamDave please reconsider for your own benifit 
I have reconsidered, thanks man. I am still chatting with growopz to see what available diy stock he has. Managed to add a bit to the budget today so I can up the order on lights he recommended.

• Like 2

@DamDave any chance you sprayed anything on the leaves, foliar fed or ipm? Could sometimes be responsible for leaves like that.
Hey Dank. I don't use any nutrients or foliage spray's as yet. But now that you mention it, I did have to run out and move the plants when the irrigation switched on.

• Agree 1