Hi guys, 

I've been growing in FF Premium classic for a while now and I can't help but notice a pattern in deficiencies across various plants snd strains. 

I've been using the soil in conjunction with the Biobizz range, and I've been trying to utilize the ammended organic nutrients fortified within the soil before applying the bottled nutes. 

I have been watering with a ph of 6-6.3, as Biobizz recommends a range of 6.2-6.3.

This is where my problems begin and I would greatly appreciate any feedback or advice....... 

My plants have started showing discolouration across the leaves, a yellowing of the leaf edges accompanied by a reduction in the intensity of the green coloring too. 

I did a runoff watering today and discovered that the soil ph was at 7.1, which based on my rudimentary research leads me to believe that it is out of 'range' for organic growing. 

After a bit more reading I discovered that FF recommends a watering ph of 5.5-6.0. Would this not be too low to stimulate microbial life? Also, why is the medium ph so high if my fertigation is at a far lower ph? 

I will attach pics below of the deficiencies, but I would greatly appreciate any input from fellow members who have experience with this soil and the correct ph required to unlock its full potential. 

Thanks 🙂

IMG_20200626_132154.jpg

IMG_20200626_132159.jpg

IMG_20200626_132205.jpg

IMG_20200626_132221.jpg

IMG_20200626_141900.jpg

I am growing one plant in ff soil. I have no problems. I dont pH my water at all. What I have learnt over the years is to inoculate your soil with a good microbial blend. You could make your own and there is lots of great products out there. Products like explode grow, EM1 or Biodyne. Micro organisms will sort your problem out.

• Like 1

Which BioBizz products are you using?

How are you adjusting your PH? Would the soil not adjust the PH naturally? And from what I have read Biobizz products drop your water PH naturally as well. 

Hi guys, 

Thanks for the replies. I am using FF Microlife, Fish mix, Bio Grow, Root juice, Top max and Bio Bloom. 

After mixing the biobizz with my dechlorinated tap water the ph sits at around 6.7-6.8. I am adjusting it further using GH PH down to around 6-6.3.

I have also added EM Pro soil microbes too, in addition to the FF Microlife which is a product I really enjoy using.

I was applying one biobizz feed and then a light FF Microlife feed at every other watering. One feed, one micro. 

I have been quite zealous using the microbes, should I inoculate the soil further with additional microbes? 

Thanks for the help 🙏

• Like 2

@SkunkPharmThanks for your advice, I have just given the plants a feeding of Efficient Pro Soil, not sure how much I was supposed to use as the directions for application on the bottle are more suitable for commercial agriculture.

I applied 4ml/l and did not ph the mixture. 

Do you water till runoff or not? And how much do you let your soil dry out before watering again? 

Thanks a mil

• Like 1

I dont like to over water my plants. In veg I water about 500ml per day. At the moment I water 1.25l on one day and the other day I water with 500ml. I also monitor the bags. If they seem to heavy I skip a day. In my soil mix I use peat moss. It retains much more water than coco based soils. 

4 hours ago, Noobiegrow said:

@SkunkPharmThanks for your advice, I have just given the plants a feeding of Efficient Pro Soil, not sure how much I was supposed to use as the directions for application on the bottle are more suitable for commercial agriculture.

I applied 4ml/l and did not ph the mixture. 

Do you water till runoff or not? And how much do you let your soil dry out before watering again? 

Thanks a mil

That dilution is fine for the plants... Will work wonders. 

And weed likes a good wet to dry cycle. 

So you can rather err on a day later to water than a day sooner. 

• Like 1

FF Premium just goes for a few week then needs to be fed nutrients, the FF micro is a feed for bacteria if I understand the info on the website.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hi guys. Always I interesting reading and learning. 

I was wondering if anyone has heard if the Lukas method with GHE nutrients. The long of the short is a very simple feed to your coco mix and makes use of only the Flora micro and bloom bottles a long with Calmag if needed. 

ive seen great results on my crops with this simple feed. When it comes to a feeding schedule, I rather take more time to learn to read my plants during their different growth stages. Gas anyone tried this or synthetic feeds with FF soil the classic mix green bag?