New grower needing help choosing a light

BigBudD

11 hours ago, TheUltimateNoob said:

Honestly I'd go with import and DIY unless a local company provides a decent enough warranty.

This isn't a stab at Master's products or company, don't get me wrong. I'd rather get more boards and bits for the same price with a shorter warranty, so I can make more lights if necessary.

If you're importing, spares are gonna be cheap anyway. I would get a board or 2 extra to keep aside just in case.

If you're ordering it locally, there's nothing bad I can say really. You'll have a nice product with a company to go to if it starts giving you shit... But no spares or extras.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the advice.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dr. Green said:

Cheers Dr. Green. Those look decent. To make up 600W worth (I'm currently looking at units for R16K with an IP65 rating), I would need 7 of these in daisy chain. 7 x R2557 = R17 899.  The lights for R16k are nicer than 7 of these put together so I'd rather just buy the plug n play unit with a better warantee. Thanks for confirming that R16k is more or less the right price for buying local 600W LED QBs. Unless anyone can advise another LOCAL online store with better deals?

Edited by Teal Smith

13 hours ago, Teal Smith said:

Cheers Dr. Green. Those look decent. To make up 600W worth (I'm currently looking at units for R16K with an IP65 rating), I would need 7 of these in daisy chain. 7 x R2557 = R17 899.  The lights for R16k are nicer than 7 of these put together so I'd rather just buy the plug n play unit with a better warantee. Thanks for confirming that R16k is more or less the right price for buying local 600W LED QBs. Unless anyone can advise another LOCAL online store with better deals?

Email them for a quote, it might be cheaper

I bought 2 of the Modugrow light for R4005.00 including shipping.

Made payment on Tuesday 3pm lights arrieved at 9am Thursday Morning In Cape Town.

The Quote for 3 lights came to R5936.

2 minutes ago, CoolJ said:

Made payment on Tuesday 3pm lights arrieved at 9am Thursday Morning In Cape Town.

20200521_132412.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TheUltimateNoob said:

Might just go with these for my DIY fixture. Free overhaul, nice warranty.

Which ones did you get?

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

fdf733554f2fa9e2e25bfd33f83cccfa.jpg

I got 2 of the IP62 Daisy chain.

I wont have a hose pipe near my lights so don't think I need the IP68.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CoolJ said:

Will do. Thanks CoolJ

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, afternoon blazer said:

@Teal Smith

Howzit bud. Just checking what light did u end up with.

@BigBud did u start any grows yet bro?

Howzit man! Ended up with 600W expandable LED Quantum Bar lights. They have the Samsung LM301H LEDs + deep red. They are power and made well. Unfortunately, between couriers and my supplier, I've been fucked around for over 6 weeks and I still don't have everything I need to complete the order. So I haven't even been able to plant 1 seed yet... Super frustrating... 

3 hours ago, Teal Smith said:

Howzit man! Ended up with 600W expandable LED Quantum Bar lights. They have the Samsung LM301H LEDs + deep red. They are power and made well. Unfortunately, between couriers and my supplier, I've been fucked around for over 6 weeks and I still don't have everything I need to complete the order. So I haven't even been able to plant 1 seed yet... Super frustrating... 

Dam bro. That some bullshit. I can only imagine how frustrated u must be.

Sounds like a top notch light. Hope it comes together soon bud.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Teal Smith said:

Sounds like a nice light, what's the deets?

@afternoon blazer  howzit bro , I picked up some parts for a diy light from another member here . And at the moment I ve been waiting for over 5 weeks for a PH pen . Haven’t planted anything yet due to just waiting for stuff to arrive . Will def post a pic of the box and everything when I m done . Right now I m just stalled 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, BigBudD said:

@afternoon blazer  howzit bro , I picked up some parts for a diy light from another member here . And at the moment I ve been waiting for over 5 weeks for a PH pen . Haven’t planted anything yet due to just waiting for stuff to arrive . Will def post a pic of the box and everything when I m done . Right now I m just stalled 

@BigBudD

Howzit bro.

Ok i get u. I too am waiting for a ph pen and tds meter. Still a while to go.

However chatting to a few of the members. A way around ph (not perfect or very accurate. But works)

Leave the tap water to stand over 12-24 hours. So that chemicals evaporate.

And then water gets abit better for the plants. Obviously i cant tell u how much better. But seems to work.

I am currently doing this for watering (still in seedling stage)

Or you could maybe go to a store. And get some bottled water to start off. As that will clearly indicate ph on the bottle.

I know exactly how u feeling now about wanting to start when u have everything first. (Been there).

However. Growing is a F*&#ing long process. Even germinating.

So as advise. I suggest maybe get something going and started. While u wait for stuff to come in. 

Not sure what else u waiting for. But im sure all of us on the forum could advise u on ways around stuff untill it arrives.

Just dont want u to lose and waste time waiting for shit.

As waiting can be done while growing happens. As it is slow.

Let us know and we shall help best we can.

On 7/17/2020 at 10:34 PM, StickyD420 said:

Sounds like a nice light, what's the deets?

• Samsung LED LM301H + Epsitar deep red
  • Expandable and dimmable 
  • 5x 140w boards running at 120w each
  • Power: 0-600W (Actually I got the upgrade - 2 x 320W Meanwell drivers
  • Spectrum: 3500K
  • Voltage Range: 48V
  • System Efficiency: 3.0J/W
  • Dimensions of boards:1110mm x 55mm x 15mm
  • Dimension of tracks/frame : 940mm
  • Driver: HLG-600H-48B

@StickyD420  Not sure if I'm allowed to post links? but got it from Online Grow Shop. Thankfully before they had their price increase!
Edited by Teal Smith
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Teal Smith said:
  • Samsung LED LM301H + Epsitar deep red
  • Expandable and dimmable 
  • 5x 140w boards running at 120w each
  • Power: 0-600W (Actually I got the upgrade - 2 x 320W Meanwell drivers
  • Spectrum: 3500K
  • Voltage Range: 48V
  • System Efficiency: 3.0J/W
  • Dimensions of boards:1110mm x 55mm x 15mm
  • Dimension of tracks/frame : 940mm
  • Driver: HLG-600H-48B

@StickyD420  Not sure if I'm allowed to post links? but got it from Online Grow Shop. Thankfully before they had their price increase!

Dammm son. Put that thing away. Might kill someone up in here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1