Another run, hope nothing dies one me.

Za Weed Lover

Good day, so I lost my all my other seedlings,to heat,month or 2 ago. But trying again, not giving up. 

So this run we doing GG#4 (4) X GSC (Cannabist) ,GSC (4) (cannabist ) and Washing Machine (ripper seeds) (1) . Plus have Cape cheese mother from GSR,which I will be cloning.  And white Skunk #1 mother from GSR . 

I will be doing a sea of green method this time. 

Once  I find the right mothers from the seeds above, will be using those for all my grows. 

Using 2 x 400w HPS 

Will be grown in super soil, I mixed myself. Plus I have gone in KNF and incoperated imo3 into my soil mix. 

Nutrients,  I will be using my own, homemade.  As per Korean natural farming.  For the would run. 

Temperatures have been consistently at 22 to 28, for the last few week. Busy flowering out,cheese, skunk and kush. 

Will do a weekly post. 

20200128_161422.jpg

20200129_180224.jpg

IMG_20200127_060332_310.jpg

IMG_20200129_092843_385.jpg

20200205_081908.jpg

20200206_100649.jpg

IMG_20200131_071544_735.jpg

• Like 2

On 2/11/2020 at 5:42 PM, Bakstein420 said:

So whats your plan to control temperatures?

I have purchased an 8 inline fan and also have have a small intake fan , plus my area is under shade. So tons of cool air and running my lights at night.  

Struggled with heat, in October, November and December.  But stopped then ,pull the setup down. Didn't have the cash to get the fans. 

Some of the girls at day 25, from first white hairs.  

20200213_081015.jpg

20200213_081719.jpg

20200213_080918.jpg

• Like 3

Hi 

Update on the babies.  Day 14 from seed. 

Currently feeding, fermented plant juice ( made from, weeds that grow, in and around your yard and show vigorous growth) through fermentation your able to capture those elements, and make available for your plants. And water Soluble calcium (wsc) which I made from egg shells. Ratio is 1 :1000 . But at this moment , I have it 1:2000.  

Will share as much as I understand, some of it,still experimenting with it but go on YouTube and search Chris Trump. That's where I got introduced to knf.  

Some of the girls are still under CFL, just dont feel they ready. 

I will be vegging outdoor, while my indoor plants finish flowering . 

20200213_082243.jpg

20200213_082231.jpg

• Like 1

Also struggling with heat, getting around 32 degrees constant in my grow box, nothing more I can do now but hope for the best for my 2 ladies and if they die on me, I will get some of those high heat resistant strains for my next run.

Edited by Zah
  • Like 1

Also collected indigenous microorganism, (imo)

Which is basically, you take everything  (bacteria, fungi,  nematodes) which you collect from miselium rich spot. Under a tree, under growth.  Away from sun, you use par cooked rice as a food source for the miselium to collect on and inhabit.  Once that is done, you mix in equal parts brown sugar and ferment for 10 days ( I did). That's your imo2. You have basically collected the environment around you. You have it in a bottle.   

Then you want to move to imo3, which is basically when you introduce a carbohydrate source , to feed your "environment " . I got bran from a horse feed place. Which you "cook" for 7 days, will reach temperatures of 40 to 50 degrees. Has to be turned everyday. So the recipe is basically,  fpj, and 1 :500 of imo2 to water that been out in the sun. You want to mix your imo2 into the water, you really just need a tiny bit to inoculate a 30kg. Dont make 30kg,  can make 1 kg, tiny bit goes a long way. That's what I need for what I am doing. 

After 7 days, that's your imo3, now you want to move one to imo4, that's where you introduce your soil, better from your garden because that soil is best for the environment you growing in. That's you marrying you micro climate, your food web. Your #imo1, is what's in your environment, it wouldn't work if you moved somewhere else or shared it with a friend, that lives miles away. It works best for where you are. If you move to a different environment,  you would have to collect imo again . 

I like to stop at imo3 because, I keep imo3 in the cupboard and you can add it to your teas, for boosting your soil medium. If you dont till, this would work perfectly, because that's how you would refresh. 20200114_075150.thumb.jpg.d0c10c99d1028908324d4362bfdfb61e.jpg

20200105_163733.jpg

20200114_074928.jpg

IMG_20200114_184641_366.jpg

20200127_174608.jpg

20200127_175618.jpg

IMG_20200127_184251_465.jpg

IMG_20200129_092843_385.jpg

20200129_180208.jpg

20200205_192441.jpg

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Zah said:

Also struggling with heat, getting around 32 degrees constant in my grow box, nothing more I can do now but hope for the best for my 2 ladies and if they die on me, I will get some of those high heat resistant strains for my next run.

Wish some told me this...  buy a fan, investment in your grow. Invest, if this Is serious to you, invest. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Za Weed Lover said:

Also collected indigenous microorganism, (imo)

Which is basically, you take everything  (bacteria, fungi,  nematodes) which you collect from miselium rich spot. Under a tree, under growth.  Away from sun, you use par cooked rice as a food source for the miselium to collect on and inhabit.  Once that is done, you mix in equal parts brown sugar and ferment for 10 days ( I did). That's your imo2. You have basically collected the environment around you. You have it in a bottle.   

Then you want to move to imo3, which is basically when you introduce a carbohydrate source , to feed your "environment " . I got bran from a horse feed place. Which you "cook" for 7 days, will reach temperatures of 40 to 50 degrees. Has to be turned everyday. So the recipe is basically,  fpj, and 1 :500 of imo2 to water that been out in the sun. You want to mix your imo2 into the water, you really just need a tiny bit to inoculate a 30kg. Dont make 30kg,  can make 1 kg, tiny bit goes a long way. That's what I need for what I am doing. 

After 7 days, that's your imo3, now you want to move one to imo4, that's where you introduce your soil, better from your garden because that soil is best for the environment you growing in. That's you marrying you micro climate, your food web. Your #imo1, is what's in your environment, it wouldn't work if you moved somewhere else or shared it with a friend, that lives miles away. It works best for where you are. If you move to a different environment,  you would have to collect imo again . 

I like to stop at imo3 because, I keep imo3 in the cupboard and you can add it to your teas, for boosting your soil medium. If you dont till, this would work perfectly, because that's how you would refresh. 

Would the use of mycelium in this regard also be benificial in terms of CO2 production in the grow environment? 

1 hour ago, Za Weed Lover said:

Wish some told me this...  buy a fan, investment in your grow. Invest, if this Is serious to you, invest. 

My ignorant beginner self initially thought I could run a 400W birdwing HPS in a 0.8mx0.8m tent with no extraction system 🤦‍♀️

Quickly invested in an extraction and cool tube setup, and downgraded to 250W. 

But in fairness, even that couldn't beat the heat, and it was a January.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ill_Evan said:

Would the use of mycelium in this regard also be benificial in terms of CO2 production in the grow environment? 

My ignorant beginner self initially thought I could run a 400W birdwing HPS in a 0.8mx0.8m tent with no extraction system 🤦‍♀️

Quickly invested in an extraction and cool tube setup, and downgraded to 250W. 

But in fairness, even that couldn't beat the heat, and it was a January.

Good question, what I understand is that you add you imo to create a microbial rich environment, filled with all the goodness, that is in your environment.  In a sense you making a truly living and super soil. About the Co2, I would imagine it helps. 

Thing I like about this is that, there not really clear information out there. You kind of have to use it to see the difference or see how it works . 

So will he able to answer that question better, at the end of my grow. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, PsyCLown said:

Good luck man!

Do you let the mycelium colonize the soil which your plants are in?

I guess if anything, this may keep some pests and other contaminants away?

So I split my mix into 2, one went into a black container, 50lt , and the other in my garden under a tree. Covered with a black bag or tent cover. And rocks to weigh is down but I gets hot!!

I found the one in the container to be the cleaner one. So using that for my indoor. It clean but the one in the garden ,wasn't so great. Dont let it go over 7 days, cause it will cool down and flies love that stuff. That's what I learnt . 

Yes the mycelium will colonize the bran ,all over. That's why you turn it, so the whole pile is colonized . Remember that ,to inoculate a 20kg bag of soil, you would use a cup of imo4. Little goes a long way. Imo is added to indigenous soil to add back, what has been taken out or missing. Like you play God with your lights, you are the food web, you capturing something that's naturally available in the eco system.  And putting it back into your soil. Basically refreshing the "environment " soil. That's why when collection imo, it's best done in an untouched, by humans, environment.  A farm, forests etc. But specific to where you growing . 

20200129_175453.jpg

20200129_180208.jpg

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Za Weed Lover said:

Good question, what I understand is that you add you imo to create a microbial rich environment, filled with all the goodness, that is in your environment.  In a sense you making a truly living and super soil. About the Co2, I would imagine it helps. 

Thing I like about this is that, there not really clear information out there. You kind of have to use it to see the difference or see how it works . 

So will he able to answer that question better, at the end of my grow. 

Isn't CO2 heavier and therefore it would sink to the bottom of the pots / tent?

In which case, I am not sure how much of a difference it will actually make? 🤔 Combine this with air flow in the tent... New air would be brought into the tent constantly and leaving the tent constantly.

I think to get benefits from CO2 one would need to seal the tent. I could be wrong though. The above is just my thoughts.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Day 49 from seed. 

Ladies doing well, just topped this week. Putting up the SCrog net ,just to help, keep these girls, manageable.  

Feeding fermented plant juice (FPJ),lactic acid bacteria (LAB), aerated it, for 12 hours . 

Clones not looking, as great as I would like, them to be. But I know now, that I took "poor" clones. But should be straight, in a week or 2. 20200316_154430.thumb.jpg.1dc51dfcffcbd6d5a4d2ef0e8b0d7224.jpg

20200316_154459.jpg

20200316_154509.jpg

20200316_154441.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi 

Day 4 of flower . ( Counting from first hairs form)

Flipped the girls , they in 10L pots . Top dressed with a bit of rock dust.  Then watered in with FPJ,water soluble calcium, water Soluble potassium, sprouted corn tea, latic acid  bacteria.  

Went in with a heavy defoliation, they responded well(4 days apart, from the first pic). Will definitely, have to repeat the process in 2 weeks. 

Taking clones today, healthy strong ones, this time . 

20200326_160314.jpg

20200403_080819.jpg

20200403_080811.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi 

Start of week 3 of flower (from first signs of flower)

3rd time I have to defoliate and hope fully the last. 

Top dressed with rock dust and FPJ, to really push my P & K. With are highly available for the plants. Add water Soluble calcium and water soluble potassium.  

Having a bit of powdery mildew but mixed up some of the latic acid bacteria with OHN which is Oriental herbal nutrient, used to provide plants and soil microorganisms with micronutrients, which may optimize their resilience to environment stresses . OHN is a mixture of edible aromatic herbs extracted with alchohol, fermented with brown sugar. Used to discourage the growth of anaerobic, potentially pathogenic microbes.  Herbs long recognized by many ancient cultures as having prebiotics properties include fresh ginger, garlic,  angelica root etc. Then, keep it shelf stable with a bit of brown rice vinegar 1:1000 . 

Took some really strong and healthy clones of the prized cookies pheno and GG#4 x gsc , about a week and half ago.20200413_153746.thumb.jpg.6ecdfd0cf3a35e37c36c190fb51d18d7.jpg

20200413_153729.jpg

20200414_154657.jpg

20200413_153819.jpg

20200414_093950.jpg

• Like 3