CannaCult

3 out of 3 Seeds of the Cannabist Grandaddy Purple Fast Fem germinated in Jiffy pellets that I buffer myself as well. I have had 100% success rate with this method:

I am no pro but it works for me so maybe someone might benefit from this.. 

Soak Jiffy Pellets in Buffering solution(50g Calmag salt in 20l water) for 12 hours. 

Press out most of the solution without breaking the lining. 

Rinse with tap water and press out excess water. 

Make a nutrient solution as per specifications and soak the pellets for a few minutes.  (I used Vitalink Coco Max SW A+B @ half a ml to 1l water each PHed to 6.2)

Press out most of the water and fluff up the peat inside the lining. 

Carefully place the seeds about 1cm into the pellet, place in a warm dark place until first sign of germination. If the peat dries out before the first sign of germination, use the nutrient solution above to moisten the pellet. (Note that if the pellet is too wet, your seedling might die due to 'dampening-off') 

Move under a 18/6 light cycle. (I use a 250W MH) 

Note: If you are unsure of the wet/dryness of your pellet, practice on some bagseeds until you find the sweet-spot. 

I grow in 100% Washed and Buffered Coco Coir.

(I might do a tutorial on this in future as I think that Coco is the best grow medium "better than soil" for our plants but people experience issues because it was never properly washed or buffered.) 

Follow along for updates. 

Next: Transplant to Coco in grow bags. 

I have more than 1 Strain growing concurrently but this thread is dedicated to the Local Genetics. 

IMG_20200128_175125.jpg

Edited by CannaCult
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Transplant:

After a few days in the Jiffy Pellets some roots started to show. 

Made a hole in the middle of the Fabric Pot filled with Coco Coir and planted the seedling in the washed and Buffered Coco Coir. 

I fed the plant with just about 50ml diluted nutrient solution. 

Within days it should start growing. 

IMG-20200202-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20200202-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20200202-WA0003.jpg

• Like 1

How to wash and Buffer Coco Properly:

1. Rehydrate the 5kg Coco Brick in a 100l+ tote. Normal, chlorine tap water should be fine. I disinfected the tote with Starsan just to be sure there is no mold or mildew spores that can contaminate the Coco. I invest quite a lot of money and time in my grows, so I will rather be safe than sorry. I will therefor disinfect everything with Stars an before it touches the Coco. I make 1l in a spray bottle and just rinse everything with it.  Note: the sanitizing is optional but advisable. 

2. Make a slurry with the water and Coco. Drain all the rehydrated coco through a strainer. I drilled a few holes in a 10l bucket and is working very well for me. I also take a hose and run water through the Coco in the strainer to make sure I wash off any salts, dust and sand. Transfer the strained Coco to another clean tote. After the first run, you should find a lot of sand in the bottom of the Tote. (Picture attached) 

3. Repeat step 2.

4. Add a calmag buffering solution (50g Calmag Nitrate to 20L water) to the rinsed Coco. Make sure the solution covers all the Coco. It should make a slurry as well like in step 2. Let it stand for 8-12 hours. 

5. Strain and rinse the Coco again and transfer to a clean Tote. 

6. Make a fresh buffering solution, add to the Coco and let it stand for another 8 hours. 

7. Strain the Coco and press out excess water before transferring the Coco into grow pots. 

8. Use Hydroponic nutes phed down to the nutrient specifications. I like to keep my Coco PH between 6.3-6.5.

9. Grow hydroponic product with the forgiveness of soil minus most of the diseases and pests. 

IMG_20200131_154724.jpg

IMG_20200131_154631.jpg

IMG_20200131_180712.jpg

IMG_20200131_155231.jpg

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By AK-47 Gold Arabesque
      First time growing photoperiods, quite excited. 

Genetics
      Hiroshima by Renegade Seed Co.  6 Pack

High THC, and according to the product description should deliver "high yields of dense, rock-solid buds."  Hoping to achieve that.
      Want to make one a mother and start learning to clone. The description says "These highly stable genetics produce two phenotypes at most." Should be easy to choose a winner to reveg.
      They advise topping, which I am also looking forward to learning. Want to also try "FIM" a plant or two to experiment. 
      Grow Setup
      Same as before. Here
      ~
      Lets go 
      9 November
      Seeds arrived. Also received a Promotional 2 Pack of G-Fawke.

10 November
      Seeds into a glass of spring water. Onto a heating mat and into a dark cupboard to soak for 18 hours.

11 November
      Seeds started showing roots. All 6 seeds popped, gently took them and placed them root facing down in Jiffy Preforma Plugs. 
      Covered the holes slightly and into the ROOTiT Small Propagator they go. Heating mat underneath, and gently misted with spring water. Also threaded the hygrometer reader through a ventilation hole, to see the environment reading. 
      I think this reading is fine for germination. Any and all feedback welcome.

Hoping for them all to push out effectively over the coming days. In hindsight I should have maybe done the paper towel method to get the roots longer, before putting them into the plugs. I've also previously had a failed germination where I watered a bit much, so just gently misting this time as to not drown/stunt the seeds.

• By StonerZN
      'Olla Bromigos!
      Getting started a little later this year than last, rain around this time in my neck of the woods played havoc with seedlings last year. 
      For this Season I am firmly in the Local is Lekker corner, and will be running a bunch of @Totemicand some @Bay Seeds sourced a while ago from the Legends at @Cannabist. Thank you all for the great deal and freebies! Very grateful and super keen 🙃

So here we go! Up first 2 each of:
      Totemic - Green Gelato. Reg
      Totemic -Strawberry Deluxe. Fem
      Totemic - Strawberry Sugar Cookies. Fem
      Bay Seeds - AK Royal x Lemon Jedi X Choc Gelato. Reg
      Totemic - Gelato x Cherry CBD. Reg

All seeds soaking since 4PMish, dechlorinated water with a spritz of Biodyne and BioBizz Root juice.
      Some king sized seeds, some so big they got stuck in the container and needed prying out.

Very keen to get started! Some will go straight into pots from here, others via ziploc and paper towel route. Don't have enough side plates to separate 5 diff strains in paper towels etc. Will give the Fems the special treatment and let the Regs go au natural.

• By Wondergom
      Hi everyone, we have created an online community on reddit, it would be great if more South Africans can join.
      We have big plans for this community.

Please check it out here:
      https://www.reddit.com/r/WeedSouthAfrica?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share
    • By Smelly Joe
      So I was browsing the Internet last season, more or less end of season, and in the process startes browsing local seedbanks to see whats out there. So I noticed a "free seeds" section and of course I checked it out and saw Chocolate Gelato on test a testers needed base, i guess and did a fake checkout to see what I needed to buy to get this deal. I did not complete the checkout cause I just figured lets leave it cause I don't have cash now anyhow. 
      Couple days later I received an envelope with feminized seeds, some rolling papers ans a sticker. All they asked was to do a test grow here. So here we go.... 
      @Cannabist, @Totemic
      I received 5 x seeds and planted 3 for this season. 2 popped and is alive. The 3rd one did not make it sue to human error. 

I'm not sure what the Sativa/Indica ratio is and the genetics either and I am hoping for Totemic for that answer and maybe a few tips.. 
      They have been watered and fed with Humigro yesterday morning and they are responding well to it. Soon they should go to their bigger pots homes in the garden.. 
    • By Orcanic
      Hi guys
      Going to try make my third grow my best so far.

Strain: Joker CBD - https://www.trophyseeds.com/product/green-smoke-room-seeds-the-joker-cbd/
      Indoor Grow
      Nutes: GHE TriPart
      Equipment
      80 x 80 x 180cm grow tent 70/30 Coco Perlite Mix 240W Quantum Board x2 Clip on oscillating fans, x1 extraction fan Germination: 03/04/2021
      Vegetative: 15/04/2021
      Flower: 06/06/2021
      Harvest: --- (Estimated: 25/07/2021 - 08/08/2021)