Teas, Teas, Teas!!!

CreX

My vortex brewer never stops! 

Im always on the hunt for new soils to add to my teas and store bought amendments that are biologically alive. 

At the moment I'm making a tea a week and some have really blown me away!! 

Keep posted to see what works and maybe give me some tips on what has worked for you! 

• Like 4

Okay so because this will sorta be Perpetual... 

Not in the sense that I will have one tea and keep it alive... 

But I will be regularly making teas, my aim is one a week to super beef up my gardens biolife, but we will see how it goes! 

I have one on the go now, so let me give you a few pics. 

First one is the day I mixed all the ingredients, and the 2nd Pic is the teeming micro life on the compost sock. 

I will be up pretty early tomorrow to water it on my ladies, and my little veggie patch... And the rest of my garden. 

18l of this vortex brew is enough for an entire farm!!! I'll be using it in quite a bit less diluted... Pretty much full strength 

IMG_20190823_093251.jpg

IMG_20190824_202031.jpg

• Like 4

Check out the DIY section bro! 

There's tons of stuff the guys have built and posted to the site... One of which is this vortex brewer... 

Oke...you could make one with your eyes closed its really easy. 

I am using 2 dolphin 8500 air pumps, which seems enough. 

• Like 1

Diluted that tea into 50l of water and watered my garden where it needs help. 

Refilled the brewer and started the dechlorinating process... 

I like to make "fucken" sure that the water is devoid of chlorine before I use it. Fresh water in a brew is the killer of teas... Never use fresh!!

RO water is fine

Dechlorinated water is fine

Distilled Mineral water is okay

Rain water is great

Tap water is fine once it's been standing for a few days or bubbled in a bubbler for atleast 24 hours... Yes peeps say you can get away with a 20 min bubble... I say you can't. 

IMG_20190825_074752.jpg

IMG_20190825_074748.jpg

IMG_20190825_075959.jpg

• Like 3

do you know for sure that your tap water has chlorine & not chloramine in it? if chloramine which is likely, then bubbling is useless, although i also do it. its used to work back in the day when they used chlorine, but for chloramine you need a filter.

41 minutes ago, Kgrows said:

do you know for sure that your tap water has chlorine & not chloramine in it? if chloramine which is likely, then bubbling is useless, although i also do it. its used to work back in the day when they used chlorine, but for chloramine you need a filter.

My teas look healthy... So I don't think I need a filter... 

When the water comes out the tap, it smells like pool water almost... And once iv vortexed or bubbled it for a day, the smell is gone... That's when I use the water

• Like 1

Alright! So I have started a new tea last night... A special root tea from a large male I found yesterday. 

Popped that in the brewer to do its thing. Will take the roots out tonight and chop it up... Chuck em on the compost pile😁

This will give me a bunch of fungi and bacteria that live on the roots of the plants, and I'll be able to grow a whole lot more of it... Or atleast get it's bio mass higher. 

I will add a bit of EMProSoil as I have it... And it expires soon... So I might go in with a heavy hand.. Humic acids, molasses, and some breakfast of champions!! Jungle oats😉 will let this brew for a few days... And disperse it on Sunday 

Screenshot_20190830_090659.jpg

Screenshot_20190830_090627.jpg

• Like 1

In the net pots.. But some fall through the net pots and into the water over time

They float and don't really pose any issues so I leave them in the water. 

I used to wash my Hydroton and reuse it... But that shit is so cheap it makes no sense anymore 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Another tea done! This one smelled particularly funky after I chopped the  roots up and made a root paste lol.. 

Made some decent biomass I think though... 

Either way... I poured it all over my garden last night and everything still looks happy today. 

IMG_20190901_203407.jpg

IMG_20190901_203417.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, so iv been neglecting my teas... For no apparent reason... But I got one going tonight! 

This week's brew consists of, 

Vortexed water

About a table spoon of mollasses

A cup and a half of soil from my works garden. 

And about 50ml E. M. PROsoil

Aaaand that's it this round... Will chuck in some mycorrhizal fungi directly into the res on the day I add tea

IMG_20190925_205514.jpg

• Like 1

I was thinking about this thread yesterday while thinking about AACT. I will be starting up my tea brewer (diy project 20L) in a week or so.....

Got myself Rock Phosphate and Mycorrhizae yesterday for plants but will use that again along side kelp powder.

Last year I added coconut water to a test bucket and gave to plants and no ill effect but no "WTF check that growth" effect either. What other ammendment would you recommend.

My current tea recipe is:

EWC
Mycorrhizae
Rock Phosphate
Alfalfa Powder
FF soil
Molasses

Is that tea recipe fine or would you adjust. Looking for that extra punch. Or maybe in just to eager

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Smelly Joe said:

I was thinking about this thread yesterday while thinking about AACT. I will be starting up my tea brewer (diy project 20L) in a week or so.....

Got myself Rock Phosphate and Mycorrhizae yesterday for plants but will use that again along side kelp powder.

Last year I added coconut water to a test bucket and gave to plants and no ill effect but no "WTF check that growth" effect either. What other ammendment would you recommend.

My current tea recipe is:

EWC
Mycorrhizae
Rock Phosphate
Alfalfa Powder
FF soil
Molasses

Is that tea recipe fine or would you adjust. Looking for that extra punch. Or maybe in just to eager

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

That's a good mix. 

I would avoid using any sort or brand of prepacked soils. 

If you have a home compost heap, the stuff in there should be more diverse than prepacked stuff. 

Or take a drive and find a nice patch of healthy growth in a Forrest or grassy area, grip a spade of the soil from under the healthy plants, and use that... That's the glory spot right there. 

Some milk... Say 50ml should be good

Or even better would be to make some baccalis serum and use that. 

I chuck a small handful if raw oats in...sometimes... That's more for fungi growth... Although bacteria like it too, if there's nothing else. 

I have been eager to try some explogrow in a brew too... 

But over all, your tea will be nice and diverse.

Morning,

Glad to see more brewers around...

That vortex brewer is pretty cool.

Always looking for ideas on teas

Got a standard recipe, but have added some stuff.

Compost/ewc, molasses, seagrow, moringa powder. Have used oats on the odd occasion.

I also add the ''root ball'' of any harvested plant to the mix and let it brew for 24hrs.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1