Water extracted hash to CBD Oil?

CG420za

I wanna make a CBD oil for my mom. Everywhere I've read is that RSO contains toxins, so i'm looking at avoid all chem solvents on the whole.

Not necessarily a pure cbd oil, but an oil without the baddies. A clean product.

Edited by CG420za

1 minute ago, Green Leaf Organics said:

Honestly if I was you I would just use coconut oil , it's the easiest . Solvents would give you the cleaner stronger extract though but you need equipment to work with solvents properly . Coconut oil wont extract everything though 

Thanks GLO. When you say it won't extract everything, could you elaborate? Isn't all the stuff we looking for in the trichomes?

What I mean is you will only recover about 70% of the canabanoids as not everything will dissolves in the coconut oil as the coconut oil will only hold so much , you could add a lot of coconut oil to flower but then you will end up with a weak extract  . Take the left over flowers from the coconut oil extraction and make cannabutter 

• Like 1

If you know where you Ethanol comes from you will know that you oils is clean. I have seen how my ethanol is made so I am happy with the fact that it has almost no impurities. I have watched the guy make gin with the rest of the ethanol and we drank it. What is the difference between drinking the ethanol and using it to make oil?

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Agreed, dont be scared of solvents just use them properly and use the correct solvent 
Agreed if you do the process correctly you should have almost 0 solvent. Also if you make a pure extract it is easier to dose the patient. Just make sure you don't make to many capsules like I did.

Like I've been doing alot of research on RSO and he uses ISO. ISO isn't fit for human consumption. We tried alchohol in the magic butter machine and that shit was vile. Took my breath away and made my stomach burn.
Do you still have that extract?

FWIW this is what I ended up doing with the cannabutter for dosing

2019_05_28_blister.png.491e6808ac6964e75767f96cbf1e1709.png

I used different size blister packs and filled with the butter and stored in the fridge. It is then easy to work out what dosage you want. Taken under the tongue to get effects faster, though we tend to use it like this with a low dosage for overall effect.

I think you may be after something a bit different, but just maybe this helps?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, highchome said:

FWIW this is what I ended up doing with the cannabutter for dosing

2019_05_28_blister.png.491e6808ac6964e75767f96cbf1e1709.png

I used different size blister packs and filled with the butter and stored in the fridge. It is then easy to work out what dosage you want. Taken under the tongue to get effects faster, though we tend to use it like this with a low dosage for overall effect.

I think you may be after something a bit different, but just maybe this helps?

Thank you Sir, i will def take this into consideration with my trim

Now that everyone commented with good ideas how about just going the decarb, grind, put in clear capsules route? 

I know this route you will end up with plant matter mixed with CBD / THC stuffed in a clear capsule, I understand the dosage will be low and no way of really knowing what mg of CBD you getting in... 

Any other reasons I missed why this is a bad idea? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Stoukie said:

Now that everyone commented with good ideas how about just going the decarb, grind, put in clear capsules route? 

I know this route you will end up with plant matter mixed with CBD / THC stuffed in a clear capsule, I understand the dosage will be low and no way of really knowing what mg of CBD you getting in... 

Because people generally want the purer extract without the plant matter, some people use the oil sublingual as well.  

Edited by greenkush

4 hours ago, Green Leaf Organics said:

Honestly if I was you I would just use coconut oil , it's the easiest . Solvents would give you the cleaner stronger extract though but you need equipment to work with solvents properly . Coconut oil wont extract everything though 

What is your preferred extraction method ?

Shortest path distillation or simple soxhlet closed extraction or more the BHO route?

31 minutes ago, Stoukie said:

Hi @Stoukie, in addition to what @greenkush said. As far as I understand, our bodies (liver) will process cannabinoids better if they are dissolved in fat (they are fat soluble luckily 🙂). So using an fat/oil means you should in theory get more of the THC & CBD absorbed. I've got no idea how much difference it actually makes, but personally I'd rather go that route