Is my plant sick?

Slartibarfast

The plant looks healthy enough, growth rate for auto's depend a lot on the light cycle that you are providing along with light intensity etc. How many hours of light does it receive? How strong is the light?

Only other thing I can think of is perhaps slight over watering as the leaves are drooping a bit, unless plant was watered prior to the picture.

If the purple continues down the vein of the leave it would indicate a ph problem, but it does not look like that right now, purple stems are quite normal in many varieties.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

The plant looks healthy enough, growth rate for auto's depend a lot on the light cycle that you are providing along with light intensity etc. How many hours of light does it receive? How strong is the light?
Only other thing I can think of is perhaps slight over watering as the leaves are drooping a bit, unless plant was watered prior to the picture.
If the purple continues down the vein of the leave it would indicate a ph problem, but it does not look like that right now, purple stems are quite normal in many varieties.

Thanks for the response. I have my light 20 on and 4 off, worked well for my last plant. I've raised the light a little, the distance was 60cm. I only water when I feel the bottom of the pot isn't moist, typically after 3 or 4 days. I water around 500ml at a time.

Does it look nutrient deficient at all?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

@Slartibarfast I have absolutely no experience with LED lighting, but as far as deficiencies go from that picture I wouldn't say so, even a nice little sheen on the leaves. Some plants are a bit slow out the gates and then get going, prob building that root system. 

Lets hear what some of the other members have to say, I am by no means a expert.

• Like 1

Are you running COBs or QBs? Looks like a 400nm colour range. You use that light for vegging only?

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure what COBs and QBs means but here's the link to my light.
BESTVA Reflector Series 600W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum Grow Lamp for Hydroponic Indoor Plants Veg and Flower (Elite-600W) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074K25WD2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_YUx2CbCQT3GB6

Currently running in just veg mode, so the light is more blue.

My temps are very likely lower, I don't have any temperature control in the room but it's usually between 19 - 21 °C with humidity between 60 - 70%.

@Slartibarfast it would be my guess that the lower temps are responsible for the slower growth. Indoors optimum temps (according to the internets) is around 27 degrees. Personally I like to make it a little bit hotter than that for some Indica strains. 

If you raise the temps the plant should use the water up a bit faster as well as evaporation will increase, growth will most likely speed up. :-greenthumb Please remember to keep an eye on things if you make changes, usually best to heat up the ambient temps outside the box to avoid cooking them inside. Relative humidity might also go down so you might want to keep an eye on that depending on where you live and what strains you are growing. 

With HPS lighting we are always trying to cool things down!

• Like 1

[mention=1627]Slartibarfast[/mention] it would be my guess that the lower temps are responsible for the slower growth. Indoors optimum temps (according to the internets) is around 27 degrees. Personally I like to make it a little bit hotter than that for some Indica strains. 
If you raise the temps the plant should use the water up a bit faster as well as evaporation will increase, growth will most likely speed up. :-greenthumb Please remember to keep an eye on things if you make changes, usually best to heat up the ambient temps outside the box to avoid cooking them inside. Relative humidity might also go down so you might want to keep an eye on that depending on where you live and what strains you are growing. 
With HPS lighting we are always trying to cool things down!
Awesome thanks for the informative reply, I'll definitely give that a go. Keen to LST this baby ASAP

• Agree 1

No problem, you are welcome. This is the best hobby in the world, happy to be able to help. Good luck, please, please just don't cook your baby, slow and steady, 27 degrees is a safe bet, temps can go down some when she is sleeping. :-puffin

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Going to give it a try by just letting the room naturally heat up more. I've added an update photo, can I start with some LST now? Thinking of just bending and not topping.e63ce12290307e2d1c4f60ccc6c6aa70.jpg

Plant looking much healthier, I have also read up that having a humidy between 45-55 is optimal for veg since when the plant is in a humid area, the plant will absorb water from the air through the leaves, this is not favoirable since you want nutrient uptake from the roots.

• Like 2

has the plant started showing sex(pistils)? strange that it hasnt started flowering yet if its an auto, you're at about 7 weeks in? u might have a photoperiod. I would run the lights at 18/6, photos need downtime. I would also raise the light a bit more, get the plant to stretch away from the pot - this will help a lot in flowering for access to both the medium & buds

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

has the plant started showing sex(pistils)? strange that it hasnt started flowering yet if its an auto, you're at about 7 weeks in? u might have a photoperiod. I would run the lights at 18/6, photos need downtime. I would also raise the light a bit more, get the plant to stretch away from the pot - this will help a lot in flowering for access to both the medium & buds
Does seem to be growing faster but not as fast as my last Auto. Thanks for the tips, my light is set to 20:4 at the moment. Pistils have started over the weekend. Right you are about the 7 weeks in. e0b29a4e156911927475f47c32199997.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

@Slartibarfast she is looking nice! 

Is this auto the exact same strain as the previous grow? Also have you been feeding her, could be that she is a heavy feeder/not a heavy feeder, or perhaps soil is a just bit different, there are so many variables in a grow. Even seeds from the same strains do not usually perform exactly the same as their siblings.

I see there is purple down the veins of some of the leaves, if this is not a signature of the strain I would guess your soil has a bit too many metals, perhaps Iron, or the PH is just such that the metals are being absorbed by the plant. (This is just a maybe, rarely happens)

Edited by Dank
  • Like 1

This is the Charlotte’s Angel CBD strain. Pretty much watering it and feeding it the same as my last Auto. Hoping it isn't a deficiency, I'm feeding it using the preflower recommendation for soil with the GHE products. The water PH is good from I've checked. Thanks for the suggestions :D

• Like 1