COB LED Growers?

Q9550

6 hours ago, KushNewbie said:

Never new Cannabis growers are such tech geeks as well!!

Geez, I feel like such a noob here. I just came here because I wanted to know if COB LED's work well or not and whether they generate high yields... lol.

Then I get all these guys not only using COB's, but actually assembling them themselves and talking about technicalities that are waaay beyond my capacity. lol.

Haha, it can become very technical.

COB's and Quantum Boards both work well, I am personally using Quantum Board LED's.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, KushNewbie said:

Thanks guys, appreciate the info. I'll def check them out. If anyone else has info on whether they work, or the yields are as good/better than HID's then post and I'll be sure to see it. Thanks! 

I've done a few grows with 2 x CXB3590's running at 50w each. Pulled over 1g per watt with 1 grow. It all comes down to training in your space. There are grow diaries you can check out, Exodus haze by kaliman seeds, Blue dream from clone and Peppermint Kush by barneys farm. What you get out of it at the end of the day depends on you as the grower. Select the right training for your space and you can get pretty decent yields. My yields weren't very consistant, but that's coz i tried different styles and mediums with each grow. Also take into consideration temperatures. LED's don't throw alot of heat into your grow area. Growing in cooler ambient temps (autumn, winter) will throw your yield out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KushNewbie said:

Thanks guys, appreciate the info. I'll def check them out. If anyone else has info on whether they work, or the yields are as good/better than HID's then post and I'll be sure to see it. Thanks! 

I stand to be corrected, although generally you will get better yields (Grams per Watt) from LED compared to Metal Halides and such.

So in a sense, more efficient.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...