From seed to smoke

CleanGreen

1 hour ago, CleanGreen said:

@CleanGreen @Mambawana So today I tested both veg reservoirs, both in red ph. So what I realize is that instead of every week nutes change I did once every two weeks.  Seems like the water looses stability after a week and I dont wanna be adding base everyday and mess with ph.

I've never experienced such 😲 that sounds nuts to have to constantly balance your pH

@CleanGreen yeah 2 weeks is too long. And you not supposed to be adding Nutes during the week because in dwc the ratios of each of the nutrient elements changes according to the plant feeding. They eat what they want and not equally. So in other words there could still be enough phosphorus in the solution and now you adding more by putting in more nutes. That extra phosphorus can drop the ph. Always top up with just plain water. Make notes of the ppm. If the plants are showing they need stronger Nutes dump that res and remix a fresh res.

And wash your airstones everytime you change the res. The slime that grows on the airstone will also mess with ph and cause root problems.

Hope you come right so you can flip that switch with confidence...

Just on a side note so I know. Have you grown in dwc before or is this your 1st crack at the turbocharged form of growing weed.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Mambawana said:

@CleanGreen yeah 2 weeks is too long. And you not supposed to be adding Nutes during the week because in dwc the ratios of each of the nutrient elements changes according to the plant feeding. They eat what they want and not equally. So in other words there could still be enough phosphorus in the solution and now you adding more by putting in more nutes. That extra phosphorus can drop the ph. Always top up with just plain water. Make notes of the ppm. If the plants are showing they need stronger Nutes dump that res and remix a fresh res.

And wash your airstones everytime you change the res. The slime that grows on the airstone will also mess with ph and cause root problems.

Hope you come right so you can flip that switch with confidence...

Just on a side note so I know. Have you grown in dwc before or is this your 1st crack at the turbocharged form of growing weed.

@Mambawana I planted her seed 18 September 2019, that generation 5 clones, 4th harvest, on average 270g per reservoir/2 plants in one tank.

I dont add extra nutes when refilling during the week, just good old tap water that I air out for 24hr. Just not sure what happening with the ph fluctuations, till now I did not had to do much to ph corrections. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CleanGreen said:

@Mambawana I planted her seed 18 September 2019, that generation 5 clones, 4th harvest, on average 270g per reservoir/2 plants in one tank.

I dont add extra nutes when refilling during the week, just good old tap water that I air out for 24hr. Just not sure what happening with the ph fluctuations, till now I did not had to do much to ph corrections. 

Sorry I probably misread that you add nutes. Yeah it's a strange 1 then cos you have already ruled out what I've mentioned. Let us know what you find

• Like 1

@Bakstein420 interesting.. I find that CT water is in general ph7 when adding my nutes ph 6 and stays stable" used to" haha 

Here in kzn we have a little extra cloramite in our water. Our Ph is close to 8 & our ec is around 115ppm. It takes about 3 adjustments to stabilize Ph for long storage. @Bakstein420 run an airstone in the water for an hour(this is besides declorination). It's gets the Ph to rise quickly so that you can adjust it again and stabilize. Useful during flush when you not using nutes with buffering agents

• Like 3

@Ill_Evan only ONE res nutrient change!? I should defs get an 

You need to get an ec pen like yesterday for your type of growing. The cheap R115 takealot pen is all you need. So how do you know how much your plants are eating? You supposed to be checking your ec daily. If it rises it means your plants are drinking more water and less nutes(too strong solution).If it drops it means the opposite. Once you get it to stay almost the same... It means you have dialed in your plants without having to use the tip burn method which I currently have to use in coco. You already rocking very good yields but you still 100% need to get an ec pen.

It will also help you diagnose your current issue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Week 6 flowering done..... Nothing much to see or say

20191126_171945.thumb.jpg.63becf50988bbffb86875448d8c5463a.jpgLoving my new "scrog rack"! 

20191126_172342.thumb.jpg.ee35d595662bc5725be8ef93f3432ffd.jpg

Left plant the Purple Haze..... So far she is a pleasure to grow.. Strong growth and nice straight branches with big leaves.  I do have noticed that she is more sensitive to PH fluctuations than the other girl.

20191126_071841.thumb.jpg.17da1795934013ce74ad6d28fdfc0044.jpgGave these a trim today and made some clones!

Edited by CleanGreen
I am stoned
  • Like 3

@CleanGreen 

I pollinated one branch on the 13th Nov with Purple Haze..... Cant wait to germinate them!

crop.thumb.jpg.d2c7bcbdaf4a9f822a404aece3a41c6f.jpg

She is a bush full!
_SAM81902.thumb.jpg.e5d167dbef0387d45261d5d19d22971f.jpg

Always good seeing happy thriving plants. Looks like you going to need to put a net on top of that canopy to hold all those 100s of colas up so that you can have some support and penetration... It's going to be the difference between an okay yield and hitting it out the park.

• Like 3