Disposable THC Pen

Bakstein420

Hey guys

Looking for some help please. I have always been a bong smoker, never tried dab or vapes and not big into joints.

I'm wanting to change to THC pens for lung health and discretion. Can anyone give a recommendation for a solid disposable pen, just so I can see what it's like. I can't find anywhere in durban where I can try one and they are rather pricey just to buy on a whim.

Also looking for comments from bong smokers that tried/transitioned to vape pens, whether positive or not.

Thanks in advance,

• Like 2

I do have a recommendation, though I can't say the thing without giving my whole reason, cause it might sound way out if I don't explain.

You're making the right move brother. 🔥 I'm in the same boat as you. Though I got a wnole dab rig setup and and and it's just gathering dust cause there's just too many bells and whistles to get to before I can smoke. I have thought of getting myself the Q7 from hydrobizz, it's a portable E nail.

Out of, well basically everyone I know that smokes concentrates no one uses a pen/cart. Almost all of them have gone through the tier list, starting with the pens and stuff, then they end up getting something better. I know guys that dropped that 5 to 7k when the first flower & concentrate hand held vape thing came out, cause it was so revolutionary. All those guys smoke flower bongs these days. 😉 the entourage effect is just too good. you move over to concentrates completely, as a weed smoker your body will not be satisfied and you'll find yourself lacking being high the way you remember it.

I do however wana smoke much less bongs, and more concentrates, though I will never completely stop. It'll be more of an experience thing, like the unmatched terp experience you get from hitting a perfect solventless dab, and then just less bongs to give my lungs a bit of a break. 

Though, through everyone elses experience with all extract smoking equipment I got the insentive to skip over all the cheap shit and save my money for the proper Puffco experience. Either getting a Proxy or if time treats me nicely I'll hop on the Peak straight away. Not gona waste time or money on testing more expensive stuff that'll just set me back all the while. Same with my extract, just been collecting and piling up, cause I keep working my trim and and and... had to dig in my heels and stop myself so I can put money away for a press. no point in wasting time and money on making bho kak just cz I wana dab like the rest of everyone. naaaahhh, rather do nothing and save time and money for the real deal, who knows maybe in the time I am saving a new better thing will arise and then I'll hop on that. 

I see Piatella is all the hype now, people getting off the rosin and stuff, things change so fast. I know I rambled a bunch, but I hope it helped? 😁 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I've gone from smoking dry herb vapes back to smoking bong. The dry herb vapes were making me sick, I don't know if it was the constant heat or maybe how much I was smoking at a time, but it actually started rashing my throat more than a simple bong smash. 

I personally would not go for vape carts or any bought THC liquids or any of that kak because it simply doesn't come from me. I initially got into this game because I was tired of overpriced kak jutt weed being sold, so I'm not about to buy unregulated liquids made by some oke in a bathtub. 

I'd rather risk the smoke and consume my herb like a peasant than consume unknowns. 

Even though I know it's not sustainable :poke

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

I've tried the some THC carts but find them to make my throat scratchy and doesn't give me the kick I want. Myself and @Dr. Green made our own rosin carts but still didnt do the trick.

I own the old Puffco peak but still mostly use my bong for flower. I do use less flower as I alternate between the 2 but still prefer my bong. But like @Naughty.Psychonaut mentioned solventless rosin is really enjoyable and you get an amazing taste of the plant.

If you not growing enough rosin and hash can get expensive if consume a lot. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2
  • Fire! 1

I have slowly built-up a lot of rosin. I could definitely make a bit of dab. I just know it isn't going to last long :investigating 

Although, if consumed efficiently it would definitely stretch and get the job done. I may actually just do that. 

A T-break would be very beneficial beforehand too. I've been baking from the morning for long now. 

• Like 3

Like they say "Find what you love and let it kill you" I love weed, but I have never loved the idea of smoking it through a running computor box and it kinda gives me solace knowing I was too poor to afford that stuff a couple years ago anyway 🤣 

As with everything in life the variables are endless, you can have the best rosin in the world with the best device and still have a kak experience. I've smoked bho that gave me that "fresh air" pull off a quartz nail that you get with rosin, but dabbing that same shit on the same rig that same day, with the nail just being a little hotter than before the bho clutched my lungs, couldn't get breathe for a good minute, head started vibrating, heart start pounding. not enjoyable at all. it is possible to have a really good experience with a dry herb vape / cart pen any of those, but the likelyhood is much less and probability of having offputting experience is much higher, so there's that too... 

a good dab you just taste like flavoured fresh air that gets you baked like a bread, but only for like 20 to 30min. very minimal lung clutching and coughing.

rosin is the "cocaine" of the weed world, it comes in small amounts, when you got it it's all about the experience, that first few minutes after the consumption, got a fat cheeky smile on your face and feeling ontop of the world 30min later you sober like a Sunday and in need the next one till the bag is finished. That's why I am going for the Puffco + a press. Can't go wrong, but then again if I try Piatella and it's better I may just rely on others' press if I ever want any kinda rosin done, but as I understand Piatella is a form of water cured ice water hash, so you don't need a press and the end product is better than rosin.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

dabbing that same shit on the same rig that same day, with the nail just being a little hotter than before the bho clutched my lungs, couldn't get breathe for a good minute, head started vibrating, heart start pounding.

Moments like these :-blazed😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ill_Evan said:

Moments like these :-blazed😆

hehheeee 😅 yeah nah, dude I can still remember my first dab with a dome nail, this thing 

20230825_130346.thumb.jpg.f729d4e1d90284cc6c73eb96c8319367.jpg

the dome comes on, then the little nipple inside gets torched and the dome goes back on, no heat retention or anywhere for the dab to melt so you know when you done half your dab rig is covered in a sticky mess, nail was always glowing red hot in those days, the days of "if it aint shatter it don't matter" hahahah FML as soon as the little piece of shatter touched the nail it's flames and drops of extract flying cause of the combusting BHO that was never fully purged, 90% of the smoke goes up in the air and the 10% you get in burnt the living fuck out of you, saliva pouring out your mouth, nose, eyes and ears 😅 sweating like someone about to OD.... had to go lay down on the grass in the shade, focus reeeally hard on not dying while coughing my guts out almost to the point of throwing up. 

• Like 1
  • Fire! 1

Thanks for the input guys. Looks like I'm gonna have to wait until I can try one out before buying. Either that or just try a 0.5ml disposable pen. They not too pricey and if I don't like it I haven't made much of an investment. Anybody have any experience with 420monkeys? Might give them a try.

• Like 2

Let me chime in and pump dynavap. Torch powered vaporizing. It’s the hardest hitting dry herb vaporizer I’ve tried, and since that day it’s hard to go back to combusting. Started with a M and ended up getting a n Omni.

Hits like a joint and uses a lot less flower. They also have an insert for concentrates but haven’t tried it.

Flavour and taste is out of this world. Smoking now just tastes like an ashtray

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pants said:

Let me chime in and pump dynavap. Torch powered vaporizing. It’s the hardest hitting dry herb vaporizer I’ve tried, and since that day it’s hard to go back to combusting. Started with a M and ended up getting a n Omni.

Hits like a joint and uses a lot less flower. They also have an insert for concentrates but haven’t tried it.

Flavour and taste is out of this world. Smoking now just tastes like an ashtray

giphymorty.gif.080fe7b2ee3a8bee93ea755942b74ad1.gif

• 2 months later...

Im deciding between the Dynavap B or 2021M. Big price difference of course. Then theres the 2023 M+ at double the price of the B. Biggest bowl of the bunch. The B has a "half bowl" though which might be annoying and is not compatible with the Dynacoil insert for concentrates. Anyone have experience with one of these?

• Like 1

Update: Got the Dynavap M 2021.

What a beautifully engineered piece. Most flavour that i've ever experienced. Complete, smooth and equally powerful as a joint at a fraction of the herb used. I was sceptical at first but from the first toke i realized that the Dynavap is a beast. Once that you get the hang of heating the cap correctly without combusting, its smooth sailing. Flavour for days. Get one. You won't regret it!20231122_212844.thumb.jpg.21337b2deb232e1f3d5f042270a54dd3.jpg20231122_124432.thumb.jpg.30f44e0b4bf42358cbd37142b38bc3e3.jpg

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...