BudBox or MarsGrow Tent?

koosjr

Which one would you choose?

Budbox does claim that the white inside is better than Mylar, and it does seems like even a slightly better construction.

These two seems to me stronger than the cheaper alternatives and it can hang quite a bit more.

• Like 1

lol my current setup 

20230515_065807.thumb.jpg.974ddbc622e9e6e01f7ce6b8eba29292.jpg

If you heavy handed and don't have time to look that you do everything carefully - I'd go for the Budbox. If you someone that looks after their stuff and can make a material thing last long then the Mars will be better for you.

Budbox - Better zips, thicker and heavier material, I don't see any light leaks coming through the "almost plastic-like" inner lining of the tent walls. doors can hang open. Sturdy build. 

MarsHydro - Better bang for buck as the mylar prooves to reflect better than the white across many different light PAR tests. (Budbox need to remove that false claim) but then most complaints you hear about is light leaks from either the zips wearing out or the material flaking off from bending too much and forming creases and flaking off on those creases and also the stitching on the material itself wears out over time leaving pin hole light leaks. so with a mars to make them last longer you gotta hook in the doors each time so they not hanging or flapping (wearing out the material and the zips). also Mars is a bit cheaper, so yeah... they kinda balance eachother out in that regard.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, CoolJ said:

Just throwing a spanner in the works here but have a look at Secret Jardin tents.

I got myself one last year and love that I can place my vents and outlets where I want to.

Definitely more custom. It's nice to be also able to decide the sizes of the outlets. Only problem is resale. It's never a guarantee the next guy will want the same configuration, if you happen to get a little wacky. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Look what fits your need and room construction. In SA you have more the issue of what you get local.. importing a tent comes with a hefty transport fee as they are heavy.. and sea delivery takes months. For a starter... keep it cheap. Not said you get a good harvest and most people give up after 2 failures and sell their stuff again in disappointment. Don't buy a Ferrari if you don't have a drivers license yet and your friend just told you they look awesome. But once you sit in your back breaks and they drive in general like junk ^^. Buy a Golf, learn to drive properly and then upgrade to what you like and not your buddy likes. 

The thing that kills all fun on a grow tent is the zipper... bad zipper sucks donkey dick. Rest you can work around.. the zipper will kill your fun each day.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 2

• 8 months later...
On 5/15/2023 at 7:08 AM, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

lol my current setup 

20230515_065807.thumb.jpg.974ddbc622e9e6e01f7ce6b8eba29292.jpg

If you heavy handed and don't have time to look that you do everything carefully - I'd go for the Budbox. If you someone that looks after their stuff and can make a material thing last long then the Mars will be better for you.

Budbox - Better zips, thicker and heavier material, I don't see any light leaks coming through the "almost plastic-like" inner lining of the tent walls. doors can hang open. Sturdy build. 

MarsHydro - Better bang for buck as the mylar prooves to reflect better than the white across many different light PAR tests. (Budbox need to remove that false claim) but then most complaints you hear about is light leaks from either the zips wearing out or the material flaking off from bending too much and forming creases and flaking off on those creases and also the stitching on the material itself wears out over time leaving pin hole light leaks. so with a mars to make them last longer you gotta hook in the doors each time so they not hanging or flapping (wearing out the material and the zips). also Mars is a bit cheaper, so yeah... they kinda balance eachother out in that regard.

Thank you for this write up, i'm in the process of deciding between these two brands, seems like what is around in SA, its between these two brands. I'm leaning more towards the BudBox Pro for the sake of quality and overall life span.  

Edited by CannabisKid
  • Like 1