Aphids in week 2 of flower...

Weedeater_ZA

11 hours ago, Weedeater_ZA said:

Hi Folks,

During a routine check tonight, I discovered some of my girls have Aphids on them. F%ck knows how they got in, but they are here.

Question: how do I get rid of these buggers in week 2 of flower? 

Indoors right? Most guys would say if you couldn't prevent the problem then just blast some Complete 350SC on the leaves and also do a soil drench with like a 100ml solution ASAP. Many others will also say don't do it, because it's poison. Personally, it's saved a previous grow from a bad aphid infestation, and I can still see straight, so ja. Only had to use it once. 

• Haha 1

No argument, there’s probably a ton on all the food we eat anyway, but obviously cause for concern. I think is good to follow directions to a T there. 

I used pyrol full dose for aphids, being careful in flower not to spray buds however never had aphids problem during flower. Maybe it was some type of mite

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ORGANinc. said:

No argument, there’s probably a ton on all the food we eat anyway, but obviously cause for concern. I think is good to follow directions to a T there. 

I used pyrol full dose for aphids, being careful in flower not to spray buds however never had aphids problem during flower. Maybe it was some type of mite

Maybe not full, but close to 😂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Golden-Goose said:

350SC is a systemic that stays in the plant for about 80 to 90 days. An excellent product to use in veg, and part of my IPM.

Truth. He'd have to flower up to almost 9-10 weeks total flower if he applies it immediately now. 

2 hours ago, ORGANinc. said:

Is this glyphosate???

The specific active ingredient is imidacloprid (chloro-nicotinyl), as @Totemic also mentioned.

2 hours ago, ORGANinc. said:

Maybe not full, but close to 😂

With any of these nuclear level methods I would also go with a 1/2 - 3/4 dose in general. 

• Like 1

On 9/3/2022 at 10:10 AM, Ill_Evan said:

Indoors right? Most guys would say if you couldn't prevent the problem then just blast some Complete 350SC on the leaves and also do a soil drench with like a 100ml solution ASAP. Many others will also say don't do it, because it's poison. Personally, it's saved a previous grow from a bad aphid infestation, and I can still see straight, so ja. Only had to use it once. 

Indoors, yes. I haven't heard of 350SC, but I'll track it down. Will it leave a residue on the flowers?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Weedeater_ZA said:

Indoors, yes. I haven't heard of 350SC, but I'll track it down. Will it leave a residue on the flowers?

I have a feeling you're probably further than two weeks into flower if you're worried about residue on already developed flowers, so maybe just do the soil drench. 

• Like 1