Haifa in Space

Naughty.Psychonaut

What's good almal🤘

I got a little gift from Haifa today 😅 

some of you might have heard of people growing or trying to grow plants on the international space station. next month Haifa will be sending some of their synthetic nutes as part of a trial to grow some chickpeas in space !!! 🌠🌌 

I am not directly linked to them, they did a little promo to celebrate this big milestone for their company, one of the gifts ended up in my hands and I like it a lot 🤩

20220128_164852.thumb.jpg.86ba38e47a2370ea7752dcdefb53ea80.jpg

20220128_171158.thumb.jpg.91a7b009f7a4f46db909a48d31a65efd.jpg

20220128_164947.thumb.jpg.50733b8615a1a24e44a3dca5fb2c29d0.jpg

20220128_165514.thumb.jpg.2c73f9a487aef634041ddd783f9c4ef8.jpg

I have no idea what or why the little figurine, but it suits me well 🚀  

heres the website the barcode takes you to 

https://www.haifa-group.com/haifa-in-space 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, John Stonedwell said:

I think I have also seen a couple of big US players use the Haifa range.

Why did you move away?

Well, I was never directly linked to them. The people on the farm probably still deal with them, but with me leaving the farm about 2 years ago I have lost touch with the rest of the team, just stayed friends with a guy that works there and don't really use big amounts of synthetic fertilizers so don't really go to them if I wanted stuff these days. 

Long before all that I did 3 coco grows with synthetic nutes, one half decent one, but then did a run in FF green bag with synthetic nutes and I had pretty good results, but then got that "no synthetics in living soil" lecture so stopped using synthetic stuff. all organic these days 🤠 

• Like 2

I think I have also seen a couple of big US players use the Haifa range.
Why did you move away?
For me, using the powders was a mission.
A mission to weigh each feed, you needed to add one at a time, dissolve it fully before adding the next and ensure you add them in the right order otherwise some of the nutes would precipitate out of the solution.

Also had some weird issues here and there which I couldn't explain, I then moved over to GHE and haven't looked back since. Not saying GHE is the best but it works well and is super easy to use.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

• Like 5

I was gifted some Haifa a while back and it took a bit of time to figure out how it works... Hell I'm still figuring it out. 

The feeding schedule that came from Haifa was not bad, when mixed the ec measurements weren't very high and I had initial success. 

A few months down the line though, and I ran into trouble with weird problems and a mate came over with his fancy blue lab prong meters and established that my pH was on point... But my ec was through the roof!! The slurry tests I was doing were yielding inaccurate results compared to the prong meters. 

From then I halved the dose of the feed and the results have been great again... Better than the results I had initially using the standard feed. 

Haifa And microbes go hand in hand though, don't forget about those mycos either! 

• Like 1

Powder nutes can be great, but from what I have read it is easier to use when you are going in at large quantities, like commercial scale. Powder nutes are ultimately cheaper in the long run when compared to liquid nutes, and they take much less space. I too have simply had a easier experience with GHE liquid nutes so I've kinda just stuck to it. 

I wouldn't mind getting my hands on some FloraFlex powder nutes at some point though... 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

Majority of food is grown with salts though and astronauts would also like some fresh stuffs in space.

It has its place and purpose.

I hear you, it’s a cool idea. Just feel like the new hype is space and all these munney munchers focus on it like it’s the only back up plan. The world is pretty much spent, so let’s look upwards and onwards 😵💫😑

• Like 2

I hear you, it’s a cool idea. Just feel like the new hype is space and all these munney munchers focus on it like it’s the only back up plan. The world is pretty much spent, so let’s look upwards and onwards
Yeah, I get what you mean. It's nice to have options, ideally we'd not have let the earth get to the state its currently in... It's gonna get worse too.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, PsyCLown said:

Yeah, I get what you mean. It's nice to have options, ideally we'd not have let the earth get to the state its currently in... It's gonna get worse too.

It doesn't have to get worse, though.

The problem we face now is people shrugging their shoulders and saying "we've gone too far" 

we got here through human intervention, those who convince themselves that we can't go back are all just lying to themselves.

• Like 2

I agree, however big companies and certain practices which are in place is the main driving force behind the fuck up and getting them to make a change is the difficult part.

Either because it doesn't work in their favour and perhaps makes things more difficult for them, or it does not make financial sense.

A friend and I were having a discussion as to whether EVs will be the future or whether they're just the now.
I feel battery technology or power storage technology needs to advance more in order for it to become the future. Lithium is rare and not pleasant to work with, it also costs money to recycle. I do not believe recycling lithium is profitable.

• Like 2

Well I don't mean to get technical or come up with solutions, because the problem is not just one thing, but the platform for all this is just human intervention. always has been. 

We didn't get here, because of some magic trick. We did it all to ourselves and that is the only thing I need to know, to be able to say that we can also undo it all. 

I am not talking bout going back to the stone age either, but we are clever enough to know what's causing the problem and what doesn't. if you didn't know what causes the problem, you wouldn't have said going down this "path of the future" just means it's going to get worse. 

like they say, "the power to change is in our hands" 😁🍀

• Like 1