Should growers smoke their won stuff.

Valda

Good Morning All,

I am a passionate organic grower. I have been accused of not understanding my plants as I don't smoke weed. My passion for cannabis's goes far deeper than just getting stoned. My husband died of cancer but sadly we put him on cannabis's oils rather late in his cancer treatment. Stage 4 had already set in.

I love what the plant can do for those who get sick. I was wondering what is the view point amongst other growers who do smoke their lovely grows if they look down at those of us who don't smoke their own flowers.

Thank you and have a lovely grow day. The rain is now getting me down. My poor ladies are battling with bud rot and to destroy them breaks my heart but I have to.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Valda said:

Good Morning All,

I am a passionate organic grower. I have been accused of not understanding my plants as I don't smoke weed. My passion for cannabis's goes far deeper than just getting stoned. My husband died of cancer but sadly we put him on cannabis's oils rather late in his cancer treatment. Stage 4 had already set in.

I love what the plant can do for those who get sick. I was wondering what is the view point amongst other growers who do smoke their lovely grows if they look down at those of us who don't smoke their own flowers.

Thank you and have a lovely grow day. The rain is now getting me down. My poor ladies are battling with bud rot and to destroy them breaks my heart but I have to.

My condolences for your loss, it truly doesn't matter if you don't smoke the flower. I think growing cannabis is mainly what this forum is for. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

Hey @Valda sorry to hear that, my condolences to you and who ever had to deal with that terrible loss with you. and some more condolences for the loss of those cannabis plants you got on their way out there 🥲

keep up the hopes and positivity and it'll only get better with time 😁🍀 

the question you aksed - nah it doesn't matter, it might matter to the people who are making the remarks, but it shouldn't matter to you. even if you harvest the best of the best every few days and smoke your whole harvest yourself there will still be people trying to beat you down for what you doing. haters gona hate, don't pay no mind to them! 

:-rasta

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

You don't need to smoke in order to be able to grow.

However not smoking / sampling your own plants can leave you a bit in the dark when it comes to how smooth the smoke it, taste, effects, potency - this can easily be resolved by sending the bud in to be tested and/or having someone who can assist and sample for you and give you feedback.

I have grown a few autoflowers, I can tell you first hand that the potency has always been lower with the autoflowers compared to the photoperiods I have grown. Had I not sampled them myself, I wouldn't have known.

With that being said, I know of people who grow but do not smoke themselves... They get by fine as others sample for them or they grown clones of known plants which others grow.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Ill_Evan said:

Fun fact, if you run a commercial cannabis farm in Australia, nobody in the entire company, including the janitors or even cultivators, are allowed to consume any cannabis whatsoever. 

Austrailia : you, hey you...you over there with the passion... you want your dream job? grow all the cannabis your heart can muster?
Me: hell yea thats great! whats the catch?
Austrailia: You cant ever have cannabis again......
Me: .......... well miss me out on that trip sucker!!

This is why Australia is not the greatest country in the world

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, CreX said:

Austrailia : you, hey you...you over there with the passion... you want your dream job? grow all the cannabis your heart can muster?
Me: hell yea thats great! whats the catch?
Austrailia: You cant ever have cannabis again......
Me: .......... well miss me out on that trip sucker!!

This is why Australia is not the greatest country in the world

It's like working for sasko but no more bread for you😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, Ill_Evan said:

Fun fact, if you run a commercial cannabis farm in Australia, nobody in the entire company, including the janitors or even cultivators, are allowed to consume any cannabis whatsoever. 

Such a nanny state.

Did you know that if you hoon your car, they will impound it and destroy it. Super strict on certain things, unnecessarily so I feel.

• Like 2