"Hitler" strain ?

GGG

Just wanted to give some input here, as there's a lot of misinformation about Hitler and a lot of it is still kept very close to the circle that it originated from. I want to share some information without pissing anybody off, because the reality is that the grower who supplied most of the country doesn't want the lineage out there, understandably so, sometimes these things are worth holding close. But the short of it, is that it's likely a clone-only pheno which is held by a couple of people at most. There's been a lot of fake Hitler cuts sold and some people are still convinced they have it when they don't.

I've handled a fair bit of Hitler through friends who were getting supply directly from the grower for bulk resale, and it's quite a unique flower that is easy to identify, both visually and just by the taste profile.

Having smoked a 20+ grams myself, I can't say there's anything in there to suggest Cheese. Structurally, the bud resembles a lot of OG cuts, and I'd venture to guess that it's an OG hybrid. The terpenes also seem to suggest it with earthy, lime, gassy notes mostly prevalent. Again, structurally it looks a lot like OG, or even perhaps an OG x Cookies cut as there is a resemblance to some Animal Cookies phenos, and the level of trichome coverage and smaller nug size is a little atypical for most OG cuts. A buddy moved several hundred Gs of it also seemed to think it was likely an OG dominant cut as well.

Smoking some Hitler hash rosin from the grower, it also seemed to carry those same muted, earthy, lime notes.

Again, I've heard at least 10 versions of what Hitler is. But I think there's probably only a handful of people that know the answer to that. This type of thing is common in America, where cuts are found from seed and then renamed for marketing purposes and also sometimes to conceal lineage. Once lineage is out there, others can try and refind the pheno and take a chunk of the market for themselves. So the way Hitler was handled, was definitely very smart from a business sense. But also incredibly frustrating for those of us who love digging into lines and seeing which traits come from where.

Here's an image of one of the first batches of Hitler that hit the market here around Cape Town circa late 2018 / early 2019.

Just to close, I'm no authority on the details of Hitler and I respect the desire for the lineage to remain hidden, but these are just my thoughts from smoking a fair bit of it.

59950018_2409857155743802_8303181087443812715_n.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

because the reality is that the grower who supplied most of the country doesn't want the lineage out there, understandably so

I've handled a fair bit of Hitler through friends who were getting supply directly from the grower for bulk resale

Sounds about right. 

crazy-eyes-steve-buscemi.gif

All of this sounds like marketing hype to me. The story I understand from a respected cannabis grower and horticulturist is the original "hitler" was stolen in flower form, renamed. Around the time of when people say it was reaching market was the time a big bust happened in CT.  The original was Elvis x CT Exodus cheese, the guy who originally grew it was not a breeder, no clones. Happy hunting unicorns. Shitty name too for 6000000 reasons.  

OG kush lineage.

That narrows it down. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Chris Jay said:

Sounds about right. 

crazy-eyes-steve-buscemi.gif

All of this sounds like marketing hype to me. The story I understand from a respected cannabis grower and horticulturist is the original "hitler" was stolen in flower form, renamed. Around the time of when people say it was reaching market was the time a big bust happened in CT.  The original was Elvis x CT Exodus cheese, the guy who originally grew it was not a breeder, no clones. Happy hunting unicorns. Shitty name too for 6000000 reasons.  

That narrows it down. 

That's quite a claim. With all due respect, being a respected grower means little when it comes to this topic. The guy who was growing and selling Hitler to the Cape and across country isn't some enigma, he is (was more so) well known in the Instagram community and was posting the flower long before and after the market hype reached peak. He is one of the biggest suppliers of high quality indoor to the Boland area, and responsible for a lot of the strains that took off here. 

If it were stolen flower, there would not have been 2-3 years of Hitler on the market, and I've had the flower at varying levels of freshness between 2019 and 2021. I am also not at all sold on that lineage, as I never got any expression of Exo in the flower. What's far more likely is that someone else started selling flower renamed as fake Hitler, which no doubt happened in some areas. Especially since I saw people buying clones of Hitler.

I've heard every story in the book from people on Hitler, guys in Jozi have their own version, guys in Durban have their stories... But for locals, it's really not as mysterious - the lineage perhaps, but not the source. I don't think anyone will really know the whole truth outside of the collective that it came from, but claims that it was stolen flower is nonsense. Given that this same grower is very well known locally to those who move big numbers, and he has supplied a LOT more than just Hitler over the years. 

I also have evidence of this. Here's a screenshot of a video my buddy sent me last year of an old Hitler nug from his previous stock that he held onto (2019 - left) compared with some of the newer stock (2020 - right). You can see how much of the THC has converted to CBN already on the left nug, while the right is clearly fresh.

Screenshot_20211124_093648.thumb.jpg.ada2dde657d45c5427c2aeda53c4aa4b.jpg

There were dudes out there getting charged R250 a gram, when the local prices were R160. It just goes to show how many hands it went through, and how many false narratives probably got pushed in the process. 

• Like 4