Futureponic Tent

Johnny

Futureponic, for some reason I seem to recall these being a similar design to the Magic Garden tents sold by Green Thumb Hydroponics.

Not sure on the quality of them (Futureponic), just seen pictures online. However if the quality is the same as the Magic Garden tents, well... there are better quality tents out there for sure. Just because it looks the same, does not mean the quality is the same however it is not uncommon for suppliers in China to manufacture the same product and just put a different logo on it depending on who they sell it to.

Is it an online purchase? Is there anyway you could physically see the tent before you purchase? Ideally check for light leaks as well although this is best done with a light inside the tent and having the tent in a dark room. Light leaks are a concern when it comes to tents, the quality of the tent is also important as you want it to last a long time.

You do not want the zip to give in, or the stitching in the seams to come loose or even worse the polls or corner connectors to break leading to possible damages of your plants and even equipment. There have been situations where all of the above has happened to various friends of mine.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Mars Hydro, Mammoth, Secret Jardin, Bud Box

I have heard good things about the above tents.

Although I have personally had a Secret Jardin Hydro Shoot tent split at the seams when trying to get it over the poles. The Secret Jardin Dark Street tent I had never had such issues.

Also I see @felix2000 says his Mammoth has light leaking through the zips. So there are always exceptions and instances where things are faulty or an issue may occur.

my tent has flapson the inside and outside of where the zip is, so that when zipped up, the flaps cover the zip and reduce light leaks.

maybe you could add your own flaps of sorts...

as for the pinhole leak... that im sure is either a manufactring defect, or you poked your tent with something haha... some ductape will sort you out in that case... 

also, thats the light coming OUT of the tent. you would need to reverse the experiment where you have lights outside the tent, and the inside is dark, close yourself up into the tent... then you can see if you have any light leaks coming into your tent

• Agree 1

On 11/9/2020 at 10:31 AM, PsyCLown said:

Futureponic, for some reason I seem to recall these being a similar design to the Magic Garden tents sold by Green Thumb Hydroponics.

Not sure on the quality of them (Futureponic), just seen pictures online. However if the quality is the same as the Magic Garden tents, well... there are better quality tents out there for sure. Just because it looks the same, does not mean the quality is the same however it is not uncommon for suppliers in China to manufacture the same product and just put a different logo on it depending on who they sell it to.

Is it an online purchase? Is there anyway you could physically see the tent before you purchase? Ideally check for light leaks as well although this is best done with a light inside the tent and having the tent in a dark room. Light leaks are a concern when it comes to tents, the quality of the tent is also important as you want it to last a long time.

You do not want the zip to give in, or the stitching in the seams to come loose or even worse the polls or corner connectors to break leading to possible damages of your plants and even equipment. There have been situations where all of the above has happened to various friends of mine.

Thanks for your feedback.

Fortunately i am able to go view the tent and i will try close up the tent and view from inside to ensure there are no light leaks.

It's slightly bigger than what i need at the moment but might be a good deal:)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Johnny said:

Hey @CreX I pulled the plug on the tent and got it for R2800. It's a used tent but in good condition. Busy looking at sourcing comments for my led light I'm going to build and then hopefully we'll getting the indoor grow on its way:) 

excellent man! 

i myself only have used tents and trust me, they make all the difference.

What light are ou building and what tech are you going with? QBs or CoBs? strips or blurples?

• Like 1

Thanks a lot. 

New challenge for me haha. 

Regarding lights I'm going to be building my own I think from ledgardener.com looking at his 4x4 build with f series strips. Will build just one for now for half the tent to get going. Just trying to decided if it's the right build or not before I buy the parts from digikey.com. Basically looking for some reassurance:) 

Thanks a lot. 
New challenge for me haha. 
Regarding lights I'm going to be building my own I think from ledgardener.com looking at his 4x4 build with f series strips. Will build just one for now for half the tent to get going. Just trying to decided if it's the right build or not before I buy the parts from digikey.com. Basically looking for some reassurance:) 
Hey bud. Someone on the forum or one of the groups has recently built one. If you good and confident with electrics diy go for it.
Me, I took the lazy route and opted for the@growopz option. Same technology I believe.

Sent from my DRA-LX5 using Tapatalk