Diary Complete Strawberry Banana Cheese - First Grow (indoor)

Orcanic

Howzit guys, this is the diary of my first grow.

Strain: Strawberry Banana Cheese

Indoor Grow

Equipment

• 80 x 80 x 180cm grow tent
  • Freedom farms soil
  • 240W Quantum Board
  • x2 Clip on oscillating fans, x1 extraction fan

Germination: 10/08/2020

Vegetative: 16/08/2020

Flower: 16/10/2020

14 - 08 - 2020

WhatsApp Image 2020-08-14 at 22.15.40.jpeg

Latest:

02 - 12 - 2020

Whats-App-Image-2020-12-02-at-16-20-49.j

Edited by Orcanic
  • Like 7

Best of luck @EthWal enjoy the grow :-thumbsup

Not sure which nutrients are best with Freedom Farm soils, if any is needed at all, depends on the type of mix.

BioBizz is one of the top nutes available in SA, or if u like salt based check out GHE or Greenhouse feeds.

Personally i would just topdress with well aged good quality compost or wormcastings, and and a source of CaMg. 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Dank said:

Best of luck @EthWal enjoy the grow :-thumbsup

Not sure which nutrients are best with Freedom Farm soils, if any is needed at all, depends on the type of mix.

BioBizz is one of the top nutes available in SA, or if u like salt based check out GHE or Greenhouse feeds.

Personally i would just topdress with well aged good quality compost or wormcastings, and and a source of CaMg. 

Thanks so much 😄

Awesome, will check them out

• Like 1

Now that she's standing, be carefull of water logging and damping off.

I'm sure the foam cup has holes in it for drainage? Let the medium dry a bit more and only give a shot glass of water every few days. Don't saturate the medium. Make the roots go look for the water. 

Once true leaves come out back under the 240w. 

You gona mix anything into the FF soil? Or else I would suggest biobizz as mr. Dank has before mentioned. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

I'm sure the foam cup has holes in it for drainage? Let the medium dry a bit more and only give a shot glass of water every few days. Don't saturate the medium. Make the roots go look for the water. 

You gona mix anything into the FF soil? Or else I would suggest biobizz as mr. Dank has before mentioned. 

On this point. How safe would it be directly planting a seedling that size into FF Soil? As it does have compost and some organic nutrients in? Any chance of burning the baby? 

Also can FF be resused? I can imagine at least once, perhaps if you cut a male soon and flush the soil it can be used once more? This is my first run wioth FF as well and I am just wondering for future reference. 

On this point. How safe would it be directly planting a seedling that size into FF Soil? As it does have compost and some organic nutrients in? Any chance of burning the baby? 

Also can FF be resused? I can imagine at least once, perhaps if you cut a male soon and flush the soil it can be used once more? This is my first run wioth FF as well and I am just wondering for future reference. 
Hello, just checking if it's the FF Premium Classic (green bag) or the craft soil, Premium is fine I plant rooted clones in it they looooove it but the Craft soil might be to much for a young seedling.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, GGG said:

Hello, just checking if it's the FF Premium Classic (green bag) or the craft soil, Premium is fine I plant rooted clones in it they looooove it but the Craft soil might be to much for a young seedling.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

The green bag yeah. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Nibiru said:

I think flushing the soil might strip the soil of good ammendments and additives that were pre added. But if u dont flush the soil . U probably would have build up from all your nutez. Which would probably be imbalanced to start again. 

Im not saying that u cant do it. 

But . Do u really wana risk getting 60-70% complete with your grow. And then realise that your soil is stuffed up and u heading down hill. 

That would probably be around 2 months of work down the drain. 

Im pretty sure that there are ways to reammend the soil to be used again.

But from my opinion. Better to play it safe then hope for the best. 

Control what u can. While u can. 😉

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, afternoon blazer said:

I think flushing the soil might strip the soil of good ammendments and additives that were pre added. But if u dont flush the soil . U probably would have build up from all your nutez. Which would probably be imbalanced to start again. 

Im not saying that u cant do it. 

But . Do u really wana risk getting 60-70% complete with your grow. And then realise that your soil is stuffed up and u heading down hill. 

That would probably be around 2 months of work down the drain. 

Im pretty sure that there are ways to reammend the soil to be used again.

But from my opinion. Better to play it safe then hope for the best. 

Control what u can. While u can. 😉

100% agree, thanks for the clarity. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

Yip I poked some holes at the bottom of the cup. I'll try watering a bit less too.

I ordered BioBizz Grow and Bloom, but not sure when to start putting it in

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, afternoon blazer said:

U just confused the shit out of me bro. 

Have u not germinated seeds yet?

What u mean by 4-5 weeks from now.

I'm a bit confused myself man haha, I've germinated and sprouted, but I'm sure I saw somewhere that your plants are only considered as vegetating after 2-3 weeks of sprouting once they have their proper set of leaves, and then that is week 1 of vegetative stage

Edited by EthWal
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Stinger96 said:

The craft soil (Green Bag) 

Otherway around brother. The craft soil is the white bag. The green bag is premium classic. 

Once the seed popped you can plant it into the green bag for sure. 

Guys with autos that wana keep away from transplanting even pop their seed in that soil. 

@EthWal

Winter time slows everything down, the colder it gets the slower things go. 

You got a dstv decoder or perhaps a modem or something that's constantly giving a bit of heat? You just wana get out the room temps, so pop that whole wet paper towel in a jiffy bag, grab 2 plates you would eat from and put the baggie between the plates ontop of the modem/decoder. Plates are there just so your seed is not directly on the device so you don't toast them and it acts as a little heat mat. Also, plates should be inverted ontop of eachother so the sides you would eat off faces eachother and the seed inbetween - so you don't crush the seed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1